• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
GuardianE said:
Those 2 points can make or break a match! :D

Can Ryu connect full Metsu Shoryuken off a counterhit Dragon Punch FADC?

Nope, pretty shitty, useless ultra as far as I can tell when you have the option of ultra I. Maybe it's good against characters that use highly punishable stuff to get in? Like Hakan's slide? I don't know, I didn't really mess around with it that much cause it immediately seemed assy.

ACE 1991

Timedog said:
Nope, pretty shitty, useless ultra as far as I can tell when you have the option of ultra I. Maybe it's good against characters that use highly punishable stuff to get in? Like Hakan's slide? I don't know, I didn't really mess around with it that much cause it immediately seemed assy.

2ilzos0.gif

But I'll be damned if it doesn't look cool as hell!

Timedog said:
Metsu is great on pokey aggro chars. Its also full invul.

zlatko

Banned
XenoRaven said:
What are they asking you to do? Don't feel like booting the game up right now.

I get stuck on the part where it wants her to do her back medium kick to pop them up in the air, and as they are falling down you are supposed to do a spinning bird kick. I pop them up fast and go to down back charging super fast, but the bird kick always comes out too late. If I try to do it sooner chun just stands there or she just jumps straight up into the air to kick.

XenoRaven

zlatko said:
I get stuck on the part where it wants her to do her back medium kick to pop them up in the air, and as they are falling down you are supposed to do a spinning bird kick. I pop them up fast and go to down back charging super fast, but the bird kick always comes out too late. If I try to do it sooner chun just stands there or she just jumps straight up into the air to kick.
Are you doing the full combo? Back mk, mk, down, up, mk? The second you hit up, mk you should go back to charging down for the EX SBK. If you're doing all that and still can't get it, the only thing I can say is that you just need to keep at it until you get the timing down.

zlatko

Banned
XenoRaven said:
Are you doing the full combo? Back mk, mk, down, up, mk? The second you hit up, mk you should go back to charging down for the EX SBK. If you're doing all that and still can't get it, the only thing I can say is that you just need to keep at it until you get the timing down.

Yeah it's confirming the two medium kicks to pop them up in the air. I can go down to charging super fast as in during the second medium kick is even out sometimes, but the damn spinning bird kick just will not hit. It's driving me nuts.

I have her and Viper that need more than 1 trial. E honda, Balrog, Ibuki, Ken, and Sakura each have 1 more left. Really close to wrapping it all up. :)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Yeah, Capcom deserves it. I was wrong on SSFIV.

Capcom delivered one of the best-balanced fighting games in history.

The only balance complaint I have is that 20% of the cast (Guy, Hawk, Hakan, Makoto, Dan, Gen, Dee Jay) still needs a bit more buffing.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Haunts, another popular BnB combo for Cammy...:D

Standing close medium punch, crouching medium punch xx hard spiral arrow

zlatko

Banned
XenoRaven said:

Actually I just figured out my problem. I'm NOT doing the full combo. I just saw on youtube after the first two medium kicks you can keep popping them up into the air. I'm not even sure HOW to do that. What's the trick to getting the extra hits to hit them to the top of the screen ?

Edit: Nvm just saw your post on how to pop them up more! Thanks :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
zlatko said:
Yeah it's confirming the two medium kicks to pop them up in the air. I can go down to charging super fast as in during the second medium kick is even out sometimes, but the damn spinning bird kick just will not hit. It's driving me nuts.

I have her and Viper that need more than 1 trial. E honda, Balrog, Ibuki, Ken, and Sakura each have 1 more left. Really close to wrapping it all up. :)

Maybe look up a youtube video to help with the timing?

I have 6 trials left. Two for Blanka. One for Abel, Viper, Rufus, and Adon. Abel's and Viper's are predictably their last trials. I'm having a tough time with one of Rufus' link combos, and Adon's last one.

For Blanka's, c.MK into Ultra, is there any trick to it? It just seems so strange that it would connect off of a c.MK.

h3ro

Threi said:
is it true that colour 12 does more damage?

Na, but I heard that because of the rendering on the characters, there is a delay in animation that makes 1 Frame links easier with color 12.

XenoRaven

zlatko said:
Actually I just figured out my problem. I'm NOT doing the full combo. I just saw on youtube after the first two medium kicks you can keep popping them up into the air. I'm not even sure HOW to do that. What's the trick to getting the extra hits to hit them to the top of the screen ?

Edit: Nvm just saw your post on how to pop them up more! Thanks :D
No problem.

This is why the option to switch between move names and command inputs should have been retained in SSFIV. I get that they're all in the command list, but it's just so much easier the way SFIV did it.

h3ro said:
Na, but I heard that because of the rendering on the characters, there is a delay in animation that makes 1 Frame links easier with color 12.

Does it make it easier for the user of color 12 or the opponent?

Threi

notag
Onion_Relish said:
What do you think?
I wasn't sure, I've heard numerous people say the colour should be banned and I wasn't sure why. Maybe they were joking, I don't know. I tested it myself in training and it doesn't seem to do more damage anyways.

h3ro said:
That's kind of strange.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Threi said:
I wasn't sure, I've heard numerous people say the colour should be banned and I wasn't sure why. Maybe they were joking, I don't know. I tested it myself in training and it doesn't seem to do more damage anyways.

That's kind of strange.

People were probably wanting it banned because they simply don't like it.

Ronabo

GuardianE said:
For Blanka's, c.MK into Ultra, is there any trick to it? It just seems so strange that it would connect off of a c.MK.

It's a one frame link. Hard as hell. Try doing the Ultra's motion before MK. Then link the Ultra.

LakeEarth

GuardianE said:
Just keep trying it immediately after the c.mk until it works. It's just a frame-data quirk and I've never seen it landed in an actual match (once I saw someone try though).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
LakeEarth said:
Just keep trying it immediately after the c.mk until it works. It's just a frame-data quirk and I've never seen it landed in an actual match (once I saw someone try though).

Ronabo said:
It's a one frame link. Hard as hell. Try doing the Ultra's motion before MK. Then link the Ultra.

Ugh, thanks. I don't remember it being in Vanilla. It's interesting how they changed the trials. Some of them are easier, like Gen's or Viper's, while others were given extra links.

yall are crazy if you think the render on color 12 makes 1fl's easier. its just the color hurts alot of people's eyes so they make up bullshit so that it's banned.

Ledsen

haunts said:
Our Super Street Fighter 4 Guide is now live, we published it over the weekend. We will have a lot of updates coming soon... :)

http://iplaywinner.com/superstreetfighter4

Hey man! Awesome guide. A couple of notes about Chun that you could add to the guide:

- st.mk and Ultra II are really good anti-airs, also s.hp against certain chars like Boxer, can hit them in the back if they're jumping in close to you
- Air-to-air j.fpx2 can also be followed up with 3xd+mk, Ultra I (in the corner) or Ultra II
- I haven't tried but you should be able to follow up EX SBK with both Ultra I and II in the corner, not just I.
- More moves that can be linked to super: Hazanshu, st.mp (saw Nemo doing this on reaction, crazy shit), st.fp

zlatko

Banned
Can anyone give me tips for these remaining trials I have?

Ken #24 (It's similar to one of Dans I had to do. Just a pain to try to get that air to connect)

E. Honda #19 (I've looked up vids to see the timing. No dice. I just cannot feel this out)

Balrog #23/24 (The headbutt I've only got to connect twice and wasn't ready to follow up. I know you charge the head butt from down back to up back to go into Ultra, but the actual head butt itself will not connect from the light kick :( )

C Vipers #21-24 (Yeah F my life)

Ibuki #24 ( SJC practiced for an hour. I can't get it down. I think I did it once. :/)

Sakura #23 ( Medium kick hates me. )

Those are the ones I have left, so if anyone has words of wisdom on any of these please share. :)

vixlar

I don't know if this was already posted. I don't know if it already was on SF4, but...

Haver you noticed one of the victory texts for Ken is something like "The real champions follow the flowchart"?

It was something like that, I couldn't read it well. But I found it hilarious.

V-Gief

zlatko said:
Ibuki #24 ( SJC practiced for an hour. I can't get it down. I think I did it once. :/)
If I remember correctly, you can do the super jump cancel with Ibuki by doing DF, DF, UF+PPP really fast.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
zlatko said:
FADC late on the second part of the shoryuken and forget the trial ever exists. also, as with any multi hitting move, dont fadc between hits.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
zlatko said:
Can anyone give me tips for these remaining trials I have?

Ken #24 (It's similar to one of Dans I had to do. Just a pain to try to get that air to connect)

E. Honda #19 (I've looked up vids to see the timing. No dice. I just cannot feel this out)

Balrog #23/24 (The headbutt I've only got to connect twice and wasn't ready to follow up. I know you charge the head butt from down back to up back to go into Ultra, but the actual head butt itself will not connect from the light kick :( )

C Vipers #21-24 (Yeah F my life)

Those are the ones I have left, so if anyone has words of wisdom on any of these please share. :)

Ken's 24- there's no shortcuts for it, really. If you did Dan's, then this one should soon follow. I'd start practicing the jumping EX-tatsus so that you get the optimal height. If you do it in the corner, you can either jump forward or jump straight up to do the EX-tatsu. Earlier cancels can be made slightly easier by adding in a c.MKXXHadouken FADC.

E-Honda- Don't remember which one this is.

Balrog 23/24- Is the headbutt coming out at all? If it's not, then you're not charging early enough. If it's coming out late, then you're not canceling the light kick. This also may be one of those where the headbutt won't come out if you're canceling the light attacks as opposed to linking them.

Viper- 21 was a bitch to do. Know that you can't Thunder Knuckle Cancel an EX Thunder Knuckle because it'll be too slow. You'll have to do it from the regular thunder knuckle (I found it easiest to use the HP's negative edge). For 22, you can either buffer the motion with the standing jab or you can just do the double motion really fast ending with up+forward after the jab. 23 and 24... there are no real shortcuts. Do know that you have to perform an instant Burning Kick vs. an Air Burning Kick (unless they changed it from Vanilla). The difference is that the instant Burning Kick will look almost like a ground Burning Kick, but will come out faster. It's performed the same way as Cammy's insta-cannon strike. Connecting with an Air Burning Kick will not count.

Ibuki 24- I found this sjc is actually easier than viper's because the medium kick gives you more frames to input the command. The only problem is, you no longer have the option of buffering the motion. You just have to perform the motion very quickly after connecting with mk. Practice that first. Once you get that down, try to get the earlier links. They're very rough, but know that you have to press mk immediately after the standing lk(?) because it's a target combo.

Sakura 23- I don't remember this one.

Hope this helps a little!

vixlar said:
I don't know if this was already posted. I don't know if it already was on SF4, but...

Haver you noticed one of the victory texts for Ken is something like "The real champions follow the flowchart"?

It was something like that, I couldn't read it well. But I found it hilarious.

Yes, it has been posted many moons ago.

zlatko

Banned
GuardianE awesome info. I'm copy/pasting this to read along as I do it.

Haunts your guide is good. One thing I'd add for Adon is he can also cross up with his light kick and it will land everytime too.

XenoRaven

TurtleSnatcher said:
hey you're alive. yay.
Yeah. Got a new job, so not only can I not post a work anymore, I'm generally too busy, tired or frustrated to even consider playing Street Fighter. Should change pretty soon. Didn't think anyone would notice I was gone though. >_>

zlatko

Banned
XenoRaven said:
Yeah. Got a new job, so not only can I not post a work anymore, I'm generally too busy, tired or frustrated to even consider playing Street Fighter. Should change pretty soon. Didn't think anyone would notice I was gone though. >_>

Someone came on here and said you were in the hospital and you were at like a 50/50 chance to live or die because of an infection from surgery. I think that's what he meant by yay you're alive. Which I agree to---yay you're alive! :D

zlatko said:
Someone came on here and said you were in the hospital and you were at like a 50/50 chance to live or die because of an infection from surgery. I think that's what he meant by yay you're alive. Which I agree to---yay you're alive! :D
You're confusing him with someone else

XenoRaven

zlatko said:
I mean...I had a dentist appointment...but uhh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom