• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played in a local tourney here today.

Placed 5th. Bit salty.. Lost to a great Viper in Winners then again in Losers.. he ended up winning in the end.

I just get so confused by the pressure and how to get the fuck out of it.. Sucks :(

Oh well.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
TurtleSnatcher said:
Just played in a local tourney here today.

Placed 5th. Bit salty.. Lost to a great Viper in Winners then again in Losers.. he ended up winning in the end.

I just get so confused by the pressure and how to get the fuck out of it.. Sucks :(

Oh well.

So how does it feel?

:lol

AZ Greg

Ended up not making it out to EVO. Kinda bummed, but next year for sure.

Anyway, any GAF XBL games going on? Or anyone want to play?

Also, anyone new, add me! XBL GT = AZ Greg

MIMIC

Banned
Adon surge

EDIT: Bigger surge :lol

9tq3km.jpg

Sp3eD said:
Scumbag was a bit of a dick for taunting, however Juicebox gets away with a lot of actual taunting in every one of his matches.

And just because "that's how he is" doesn't mean he gets a free fucking ride on doing it.

the thing is.....he even does it when he's not playing....they even had the "Juice Cam" at one of the tournaments....

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
EraldoCoil said:
the thing is.....he even does it when he's not playing....they even had the "Juice Cam" at one of the tournaments....

So what? Again he gets a free ride from you guys for this shit.

The guy is a douche and you guys are making excuses for him.

EDIT: and sorry if I come off a little bit angry, but it sickens me as a competative person that people are allowed to taunt others into anger. But it seems like I am the only one here that feels that way about this asshole so I will step down...

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sp3eD said:

EDIT: and sorry if I come off a little bit angry, but it sickens me as a competative person that people are allowed to taunt others into anger. But it seems like I am the only one here that feels that way about this asshole so I will step down...

Does Juice Box talk shit to his opponents and throw his stick in anger when he loses? I don't follow these streams much...him doing stupid little "dances" when ultra animations are going off hardly comes off as "tauning" to me. And in that Youtube vid, Scumbag started it.

Sp3eD said:

Sure you can say he's taunting in real life, so what? if you taunt, back your shit up or don't taunt at all. I'm just saying it's his thing, you don't see him getting pissed when he loses, throwing his stick and talking shit. Marn did the same thing to him at devastation.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Sp3eD said:

It's just some OCD thing with him because he has to do it every time regardless of who is performing the Ultra.

But I agree that it's annoying. It's as if he lacks the social skills necessary to realize it's stupid. It was amusing the first 100 times but c'mon dude - grow up.

Ashkeloth

Sp3eD said:

To be fair to Juicebox, the guy just really loves that ultra. I personally think that he might be a little mentally ill, but it could show itself in much worse ways than distracting someone at a fighting game tournament, such as stabbing hookers.

Some people probably take it as a taunt, but he's just really enjoying himself and getting into the game bigtime, and honestly, if someone who calls themselves a professional level player gets put off by the other guy doing something when they've already been caught by an ultra, maybe they should be more focused.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Sp3eD said:

Maybe he is autistic. Not sure.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
MThanded said:
http://memegenerator.net/Jwong/ImageMacro/1581094/Jwong-ADON-IS-ONE-OF-THE-WORST-CHARACTERS-IN-THE-GAME.jpg

On that quote, I just have to say one thing. It's not the character, it's the player who won the match. So yeah, it could be Hakan for what it matters, if he uses the character at his full potential then every character can win. Well that is my opinion. :lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
-DarKaoZ- said:
On that quote, I just have to say one thing. It's not the character, it's the player who won the match. So yeah, it could be Hakan for what it matters, if he uses the character at his full potential then every character can win. Well that is my opinion. :lol
well, hakan vs rufus is in hakans favour so it wouldnt be quiet the same. :p

hakan does well against a normal characters tough matches.

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
Ashkeloth said:
Whoa, what the hell.

I just countered Chun-Li's Kikosho with Goukens low counter. Is that supposed to happen?

Yes, all moves that aren't Focus Breaker, Reversals or Grabs can be countered with Gouekns Counter., that includes Ultras and fireballs.

EDIT: Added Reversals, because every move becomes Focus Breaker on Reversals.

Ashkeloth

-DarKaoZ- said:
Yes, all moves that aren't Focus Breaker, Reversals or Grabs can be countered with Gouekns Counter., that includes Ultras and fireballs.

EDIT: Added Reversals, because every move becomes Focus Breaker on Reversals.

This engine never ceases to surprise me with some of the incredible bullshit you can discover. Also just hit a Chun-Li with Fei's counter ultra when she was crossing him up with df HK, although I knew about that already, it just seems like a strange design decision for him to be able to counter a kick to the back of his head, then again, Street Fighter isn't exactly known for its realism.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Been spending some time in the lab with Makoto. Christ, she can fuck your shit up in the corner hardcore.

Disappointed nobody repped Makoto at Evo.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ashkeloth said:
This engine never ceases to surprise me with some of the incredible bullshit you can discover. Also just hit a Chun-Li with Fei's counter ultra when she was crossing him up with df HK, although I knew about that already, it just seems like a strange design decision for him to be able to counter a kick to the back of his head, then again, Street Fighter isn't exactly known for its realism.
well, he does say come at him from any direction.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Ashkeloth said:
Whoa, what the hell.

I just countered Chun-Li's Kikosho with Goukens low counter. Is that supposed to happen?
you can counter any projectile

and you'll hit em if you're close enough

Good games greg, man I was playing like crap tonight lol. But then again as far as off days go winning more than I was loosing I can live with.

Sorry to panda and team MOE tonight.... I was not my usual MOE self, dropped combos, dropped links, missed ultras, and all around horrible playing tonight..... Will return tomorrow night with MOE levels hopefully at 85% or higher....just one of those nights....

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Sp3eD said:
Scumbag was a bit of a dick for taunting, however Juicebox gets away with a lot of actual taunting in every one of his matches.

And just because "that's how he is" doesn't mean he gets a free fucking ride on doing it.

Juice box reminds me on the guy with glasses in Super bad...just for that he gets a free pass lol.

jlai

jam86 if you're on here, sorry that i chipped you to death with the super. kind of an asshole move

edit: haha n33ss the time i did it to you was an accident, i swear!

simtmb

Lost Fragment said:
Been spending some time in the lab with Makoto. Christ, she can fuck your shit up in the corner hardcore.

Disappointed nobody repped Makoto at Evo.

It's unfortunate. A main reason I'm watching this years EVO was to see play from some people dedicated to the new characters (of which we've seen Ibuki, Guy, Adon, and a Hakan etc).

Found it a shame that i haven't seen a single Makoto. A 'can be' explosive character that gets constant hate :'( But i don't blame peeps for stickin' to their trusty mains. :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AZ Greg said:
GGs to Stabicron, jam, jlai, and n33ss.

Also, in SSF4T, Rose needs to drop her scarf ala Vega's claw! >:[

I can imagine what that would do to one of her alts.

After seeing Arturo almost beat Daigo again, I really want to add Sim to my roster. I just don't throw enough fierce.

BTW Makoto has the offense to be used competitively, but not the defense.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
aw god damn it...

mega evo hype + withdrawal = me running like a crackhead to the store...

zksx93.jpg

2vtcw0l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom