• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol :lol :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wiseblade said:
Get on live NOW. We gots to fight!

<3<3<3 I will log on within an hour ok? I need to play you! I want you inside of me, hypothetically speaking.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ashkeloth said:
Whoa, what the hell.

I just countered Chun-Li's Kikosho with Goukens low counter. Is that supposed to happen?
Kikoushou isn't armor break, and will stop on a trade hit. It's also only invincible until activation, not through it, so it'll trade against certain attacks like Balrog's dash punch.

Ashkeloth said:
This engine never ceases to surprise me with some of the incredible bullshit you can discover. Also just hit a Chun-Li with Fei's counter ultra when she was crossing him up with df HK, although I knew about that already, it just seems like a strange design decision for him to be able to counter a kick to the back of his head, then again, Street Fighter isn't exactly known for its realism.
Wait, you're complaining that Fei Long's U2 actually works on something?

Besides, if it were realistic he'd tilt his head over and grab Chun's leg on his shoulder. :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Threi said:
I was thinking to myself how I am inspired to stick with DeeJay, hopefully its the same for others
except makoto players, I understand.
Yeah, dunno if it means anything but DSP won the first SSFIV tourny in US with Deejay.

VerTiGo

Banned
I just bought the cheap 50 dollar arcade madcatz fight stick. Out of the box Square and X buttons do not respond fithout pounding on them very hard, it doesn't execute the commands. Are there fixes or mods I can perform to help me out with this. Can you guys steer me in the right direction? Thanks.

It seems with the more forced hits I get out of this thing, it seems like its getting more responsive as I wear it out. Not sure about this. Does replacing the buttons solve this issue if I order the Sanwa snap-in replacements?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
VerTiGo said:
It seems with the more forced hits I get out of this thing, it seems like its getting more responsive as I wear it out. Not sure about this. Does replacing the buttons solve this issue if I order the Sanwa snap-in replacements?
Sanwa buttons are very responsive, so probably.

_Xenon_

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Yeah, dunno if it means anything but DSP won the first SSFIV tourny in US with Deejay.
In a gameshop with random flowchart people? I watched those videos and the only decent player is that chun who somehow choked in the final round. TBH right now he's nowhere from being decent and I think almost every youtube sf4/ssf4 channel owner can own his ass.

Yoshichan

_Xenon_ said:
In a gameshop with random flowchart people? I watched those videos and the only decent player is that chun who somehow choked in the final round. TBH right now he's nowhere from being decent and I think almost every youtube sf4/ssf4 channel owner can own his ass.
Read what I quoted... I was saying Deejay is nowhere near as bad as people are saying. He was playing him like ST DJ and still won, scrubs or not, it still shows something about his potential.

_Xenon_

Banned
Yoshichan said:
Read what I quoted... I was saying Deejay is nowhere near as bad as people are saying. He was playing him like ST DJ and still won, scrubs or not, it still shows something about his potential.
I simply don't think his opinion on sf4/ssf4 worth something tbh. He's probably the first one calling adon "such a bad character" on youtube btw.

Yoshichan

_Xenon_ said:
I simply don't think his opinion on sf4/ssf4 worth something tbh. He's probably the first one calling adon "such a bad character" on youtube btw.
But certainly not the first one on the Internet. Especially here.

_Xenon_ said:

DSP in game hype mode is a different DSP. And for the record, he usually just calls players trash instead of characters.

Yoshichan

Shit's got me hyped! Just finished up gathering a bunch of cool guys for a SUPAH session. You know where I live, just come over if you wanna have fun!

GGs to the Late Night Crew on PSN GAF Chat: Panda, Eraldo, Hito, Gibration, Xeno, Q, and floyd...

I had the answers for dat Oil, but Sak was too much for me, Panda.

And I hate you, Floyd. I was getting better against your Duds, but by that time, you had switched to freaking Abel.

Dartastic

Lost Fragment said:
Been spending some time in the lab with Makoto. Christ, she can fuck your shit up in the corner hardcore.

Disappointed nobody repped Makoto at Evo.

Dude, I think my Makoto has stalled. You needta give me some tips. :lol

Corky

Yoshichan said:
Shit's got me hyped! Just finished up gathering a bunch of cool guys for a SUPAH session. You know where I live, just come over if you wanna have fun!

oi, you home from japan? And youre having a supa session without moi? Shame....shame mang

Zapages

played some matches today... Hakan is really hard to play really good. I mean you have really dependent on some of his moves to win matches. :\

Also Dudley is fun to play, he is really different than what he used to be in 3rd Strike.

Joekage

Hey guys still here in Vegas thought I would update on my status. I was in Pool K with vangief, aulord, shadyk, laugh, and etc. I got to quarterfinals with my record being 7-2. Played vangief who put me into losers than a Honda who I think was Skye who knocked me out. Proud to say I did the best out of Dallas besides Buktooth. Repped Cody all the way.

Had sabre tell me my Cody was pretty good although he's on another level. He perfected Buktooths ibuki to beat him in losers of his pool but lost a close match to Li Joe to get knocked out.

Crazy good times here, met Daigo and Markman, even had Daigo apologize to me for canceling the match I challenged him to haha.

Having crazy fun though, bout to head out for another round of money matches. Learned so much, gotta practice it!

Joekage said:
Hey guys still here in Vegas thought I would update on my status. I was in Pool K with vangief, aulord, shadyk, laugh, and etc. I got to quarterfinals with my record being 7-2. Played vangief who put me into losers than a Honda who I think was Skye who knocked me out. Proud to say I did the best out of Dallas besides Buktooth. Repped Cody all the way.

Had sabre tell me my Cody was pretty good although he's on another level. He perfected Buktooths ibuki to beat him in losers of his pool but lost a close match to Li Joe to get knocked out.

Crazy good times here, met Daigo and Markman, even had Daigo apologize to me for canceling the match I challenged him to haha.

Having crazy fun though, bout to head out for another round of money matches. Learned so much, gotta practice it!

Awesome, man... Congrats on your accomplishments!

n3ss

aka acr0nym
AZ Greg said:
GGs to Stabicron, jam, jlai, and n33ss.

Also, in SSF4T, Rose needs to drop her scarf ala Vega's claw! >:[

Very fun last night, sorry for my horrible playing... Drank way to much sake last night :lol

BitchTits

Does anyone know if you can mash out Gen's PPP Ultra 2 after Super?

I know in vanilla, I could get Super~Ultra easily without mashing, but the timing for getting full PPP Ultra 2 after a Super seems a lot stricter and online pretty hard to pull off.

Yoshichan

Corky said:
oi, you home from japan? And youre having a supa session without moi? Shame....shame mang
Back from Japan :D! Having a supahhhhhhh session without you because that's what you get for destroying (one of your) supah discs! :mad:

Formless

Have a feeling I'll be rebuked for looking to buy a used copy but quick question: if I buy a used copy will I be able to play on XBL still? I don't actually own a 360 but I will probably buy a copy for myself to play on a roommate's 360.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Corky said:
aw god damn it...

mega evo hype + withdrawal = me running like a crackhead to the store...

http://i27.tinypic.com/zksx93.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/2vtcw0l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
:lol I fear for you health. Stay safe, dude!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Corky said:
aw god damn it...

mega evo hype + withdrawal = me running like a crackhead to the store...

http://i27.tinypic.com/zksx93.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://i30.tinypic.com/2vtcw0l.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Someone needs an intervention :P.

Corky

:D nah its alright, my aim is to only play against gaffers ( whom I inherently cannot get mad at :3 <3 )

also, dropping makoto for good. Playing her has a debuff on your health, blood pressure permanetly X2

Hey guys. I'm a Makoto mainer! I got a couple videos of me practicing with a friend of mine and I was wondering if you guys could offer any advise for how I can improve or change my game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA0pfRIzN0I
^Makoto vs. Bison^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvn6AChKXxY
^Makoto vs. Sakura^

Neither character is my friend's main. He's much better than me, but I can hold my own when he's goofing around :lol

So what do you guys think?

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
So what's the Adon ratio been like since last night? :lol

lol i haven't played ranked since yesterday due to not wanting to get frustrated with mashing adons...i can only imagine...

Rocwell

Corky said:
:D nah its alright, my aim is to only play against gaffers ( whom I inherently cannot get mad at :3 <3 )

also, dropping makoto for good. Playing her has a debuff on your health, blood pressure permanetly X2
Now it all becomes clear :lol

autobzooty said:
Hey guys. I'm a Makoto mainer! I got a couple videos of me practicing with a friend of mine and I was wondering if you guys could offer any advise for how I can improve or change my game.

These two tutorial vids are a good start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJZEqG6ptxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE7uaPc2Y2s

Also, I recommend this thread on srk it shows you how to do a lot of meaty setups although they are all character specific because a lot of cast members have slightly different wakeup times.

jlai said:
jam86 if you're on here, sorry that i chipped you to death with the super. kind of an asshole move

edit: haha n33ss the time i did it to you was an accident, i swear!

I don't remember i was so tired but it's all good anyway :D, I stayed up way to late for having work so early in the morning. I didn't wanna leave until after my turn so it didn't boot anyone out since I was host, I dunno if they patched that recently though...

GGs to Timedog, I need a lot of work with my characters, but I think I'm recognizing the holes :D I spend too much time in training, gotta work on that data or I get too easy to read.

I had an epiphany with my pressure string, though, I'm gonna get a lot of big combos from that in the future :D

Overhead to roundhouse is not just a dream!

autobzooty said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA0pfRIzN0I
^Makoto vs. Bison^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvn6AChKXxY
^Makoto vs. Sakura^

Neither character is my friend's main. He's much better than me, but I can hold my own when he's goofing around :lol

So what do you guys think?

As far as against Bison, you did well in not jumping in as Makoto's jump in's are of the few he can AA consistently. From the vid it seems your main trouble is knowing what to block and punish, I noticed your friend was throwing out a lot of ex scissors and some other unsafe scissors outside of combos, if blocked those could have been punished.

Bison's Ultra 2 if your on the ground when he activates it you can just jump straight up to avoid it, if caught in a situation where your jump won't get you past his head level when he lands stay on the ground and figure out where he's gonna land and block high *this can be hard, he can choose to cross up if he wants*.

AZ Greg

Ugh, I'm starting to get so tired of some of the shit I have to put up with playing as Vega. And I'm not talking about his character weaknesses but the way people play my Vega.

I know some of you think it's annoying fighting Vega or my Vega, but it isn't half as bad as the shit I have to put up with. People using SRKs, Balrog headbutts, flash kicks, Cody bingos, HP thunder knuckles, Juri EX pinwheels, Adon/Dee-Jay rise kicks, etc... like they're safe pokes. I'm constantly dodging randomness since people don't seem to know any other way to deal with pressure. The worst part is that I bait it out and punish it probably 80+% of the time yet people keep doing it. It's like everyone has this mentality of been satisfied with winning one or two matches here and there when there randomness lands but losing the rest. It's also tough since a lot of these people who get random when getting pressured are also good players (a lot of GAF is guilty :)). So it's like dealing with the random recklessness of a flow charter combined with someone who has decent footsies, can combo well, and knows match-ups.

Then there are people who play run away despite me having a substantial life lead. It's always funny when I decide, with the life lead, that I'm sick of rushing down into someone's randomness so I hang back and they freeze for a few seconds before realizing they need to attack if they actually want to win. Though a lot of times my impatience gets the better of me and I continue to play offensively. Only to get rewarded by attacking into a headbutt -> ultra, or juri ex dive kick -> ultra, or ex seismo -> ultra, etc...

So many people complain about the defensive nature of the game but then invite it by showing their opponent they aren't afraid to play randomly or run away even when losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom