• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
(Repost for the new page.)

Littleberu said:
It's stupid, but I'm having a hard time connecting the Burning Kick kick after a Jump+Heavy kick.

Ah, that one is kind of tricky because you have to space the jump in specifically. Try to do the j.HK late in the jump (like, have Viper's knee hit Dan in the face/neck rather than the top of his head) then cancel immediately into the QCB+HK. If you're too high up, the Burning Kick will not combo.

Mœbius

Launch party pics from Karaface here.

Lots of nice shots but this one made me laugh:

ycy0l.jpg

...Made a slight addition obviously. Also, why are they all doing hadoukens? :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Yoshichan said:
There we go! :lol Me trying to learn sticks (recording mostly for myself, I want to see RAPID progress).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Dof3N8CLU
grip yo stick like a wine glass homie! I find it much easier for doing leftward motions.

Also, where did you buy it? The only place I can find that has sticks even listed are Spaceworld and they're out of stock. ;_;

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Brobzoid said:
grip yo stick like a wine glass homie! I find it much easier for doing leftward motions.

Also, where did you buy it? The only place I can find that has sticks even listed are Spaceworld and they're out of stock. ;_;
I appreciate all the tips I can get, thank you bro! I'm trying wine glass atm.

Oh, should it be between the ring and little finger or middle and ring finger?

Brobzoid

Yoshichan said:
I appreciate all the tips I can get, thank you bro! I'm trying wine glass atm.

Oh, should it be between the ring and little finger or middle and ring finger?
That's how I roll, but you're in a better position to figure out what works for you.

where did u buy iiiiiiiit??

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Brobzoid said:
That's how I roll, but you're in a better position to figure out what works for you.

where did u buy iiiiiiiit??
Some dude read my post on GAF and surprised me by driving all the way to my place to give me (borrow) his stick :lol I love him.

Brobzoid

D:

@random Swedish Santa Claus: I live in Stavanger, Norway. I'll pay you in cookies.

I have been training on stick for two weeks, I always favored the Saturn pad but with 720s needing to be learned and jab into Hundred Hand Slaps... I am converting to stick full time

I am getting there

LowParry

So for those who have the game and have played online, can you go over the online modes of the game? Are the previous modes from vanilla still in where you can do quick matches, etc?

CcrooK said:
So for those who have the game and have played online, can you go over the online modes of the game? Are the previous modes from vanilla still in where you can do quick matches, etc?
There's ranked mode, endless battle mode, and team battle mode.

Ranked mode is the only mode that you can play a quick match, but at the cost of winning or losing BP.

I'm still a noob with a stick. I bought it back in August but I've been on and off SFIV a lot, so I keep leveling down and leveling back up.

I still suck at one-player side for QCF and QCB, and I can pull off ex. Seismo > HJC > BK only 60% of the time. :(

To top it all off, I still suck TK cancels.

LowParry

So no quick matches with player matches and the likes? That's kinda lame. But nothing to really complain about. Maybe that quick match option was just too broke.

Dartastic

Question about games at 7-11... There's one right by my house that supposedly sells games. Will they have them behind the counter, or... what's the deal with that? The guy said that he didn't have it, but if they're receiving it he MUST have by now. ...right?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dralla said:
so how do you 1v1 against a friend? couldn't people just boost in ranked like that?
people can and do that already unfortunately. :(

@noobstick chat: one of the biggest problems i seem to have is that my index finger wants to do everything, so my hand slowly migrates from one side of the layout to the other, which makes light-hard-light really hard to do.

buffyoda

Neo Member
CcrooK said:
I'm sure you could create a lobby with just 2 slots, right?

If you want to play 1v1, you can just create an endless battle lobby and set it all to private or limit the amount of slots.

Nikashi

Banned
Grargh no one in Vancouver seems to be selling it early, and the guy at Zellers didn't even know for sure if it was gonna be in on the 27th. If they get it late I'm gonna go nuts ><

(Then again they did have Halo 2 on launch so they probably get their games day and date)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
the_log_ride said:
That is awesome. If you ever make a 'Sim one, holla at me.

Actually I might, that took about 20 minutes and was pretty fun. brb

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BotoxAgent said:
man having character remixes playing instead of the stage music is sooooo much better, luv it
How do you do this?! I love all the music in SSFIV and even the soundtrack to SFIV was awesome IMO.

Fucking awesome!

I was playing online and I don't know how I did it, but Guile put his shades on MID-ROUND! And then fought with them on for the rest of the match!

Pretty cool touch.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
the_log_ride said:

Here ya go ;) First time drawing him too, lol

sim_avatar_anim.gif

TurtleSnatcher said:
Since you are in a drawing mood.. fuerte! :p

Hay hay dont push your luck, I do have shit to do :p

CartridgeBlower said:
Fucking awesome!

I was playing online and I don't know how I did it, but Guile put his shades on MID-ROUND! And then fought with them on for the rest of the match!

Pretty cool touch.
down + HP + HK

speaking of which, does Guile have invincibility on his shades animation?
I could have sworn today I saw a Balrog jab right through him but he didn't get hit

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
65shz5.jpg

The Chunners cosplayer would make a great Rufus. I was going to precede that with "Don't take this the wrong way", but I guess there's only one way to interpret that =/

2d0z79c.jpg

Time to oil up!

rocK`

Banned
SnowWolf said:
65shz5.jpg

The Chunners cosplayer would make a great Rufus. I was going to precede that with "Don't take this the wrong way", but I guess there's only one way to interpret that =/

that cammy........

Raging Spaniard

Reposting again, cause you know:

the_log_ride said:

Here ya go ;) First time drawing him too, lol

sim_avatar_anim.gif

TurtleSnatcher said:
Since you are in a drawing mood.. fuerte! :p

Hay hay dont push your luck, I do have shit to do :p

As for actually having something to post about: Really looking forward to those lobbies in Online. I used to be against the idea but having a group of gaffers to play with in a row sounds like its gonna be fun :)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Raging Spaniard said:
As for actually having something to post about: Really looking forward to those lobbies in Online. I used to be against the idea but having a group of gaffers to play with in a row sounds like its gonna be fun :)

We'll definitely have to tangle this time around. :D

Yoshichan

Is it normal that my hands should start hurting after 4 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom