• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuugrr

Team Spooky stream over now? Almost feels like the end of an era, even though it's technically the beginning of one. :lol

Anybody know when the FADC stream of Battlefield Arcadia tomorrow starts?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SnowWolf said:
MarkMan, what a pimp!

2cnfsx4.jpg
yo, thas my favorite gal <3

I spent an hour helping with her hair, then someone hit it and it drooped =(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
MarkMan said:
yo, thas my favorite gal <3

I spent an hour helping with her hair, then someone hit it and it drooped =(
nobody tell Juri, we might get a decent alt costume out of it.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
black_vegeta said:
Yeah Raging, those lobbies are fun as hell. You get to watch the matches...everything seems pretty smooth for the time being.
Endless Mode you mean? Pretty incredible. I can do that shit all night. Crack a beer, spark it up and just chill. It's the best of both worlds.

Mr Jared

Random talk: I don't know why, but every time I read the title I think of that one Street Fighter: Flash Collab clip.

"YEAH GOTTA WATCH OUT FOR THOSE TRACTORS, SAGAT... THEY'LL REALLY BURN YOU UP ... THOSE TRACTORS."

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well that's enough practice for me today. 8 hours.

Why am I doing this instead of playing Super?

LowParry

Yoshichan said:
Well that's enough practice for me today. 8 hours.

Why am I doing this instead of playing Super?

Cause...we gotta wait........................dammit.

And Spooky stream down for the night I believe. Mehhhhhhh. And I can't play SC2 for the life of me. Fuuuuuuck!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
I'm actually glad I gotta work the weekend this weekend. I just hope the local Gamestops don't not have it when I get up Tuesday afternoon. (Figured I'd get rid of junk+ be quicker then Amazon)

HDR this weekend- all the good players got Super early, so it's just the Akumas, autofirers, and ragequitters left.

Oh my.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself here after playing SSFIV for a few hours, since I'm just a rookie in the grand scheme of things, but I'm under the impression that Yoga Shangri-la really changes the match-up versus Akuma when Dhalsim gets his Ultra bar. Partially considering the fact I had no luck landing a succesful Yoga Catastrophe on him, but admittedly I sort of forgot how to fight against Akuma for a while after not having played SFIV for so long. Hence why I decided to give his other Ultra a try. When I started getting a grasp - just to some extent mind you - of when might be good time to use Shangri-la vs Akuma and after I got somewhat familiar with the instant-air execution of it (still plenty of room for improvement though), there were a lot of opportunities to punish an Akuma who was mixing it up in the air. For example:

- At one point he did EX Air Fireball when I wasn't knocked down. The fireballs went right through Dhalsim and his arms got a hold of Akuma.
- Later on he tried a cross-up Tatsu on knockdown: purely as a fluke, I got Shangri-la to auto-correct and Akuma got grabbed as he landed.
- He also seemingly has to be careful with his Demon Flips, and as Arturo mentioned a while ago, any sort of jump-ins within its range seems pretty risky.

The damage buffs have also been favorable to Dhalsim in this match-up as expected: IAT + fierce + straight-up Super = 50% (or slightly more) of his health. This usually seemed to be the case when he already had a relatively full life bar however: no idea just how much the game's system generally scales attacks past a certain point of a character's health bar. Quick note: the guy I played against claimed that he didn't know precisely what to do against Dhalsim, so while he was still giving me a hard time every now and then with Akuma's more damaging combo's, I reckon it won't be as easy as I'm (probably) making it sound right now once Akuma players are more... aware of the crucial changes. He also used Ultra I; not sure how much of a difference Ultra II would've made.

Either way: I really want to see what a match between two players with great execution will look like, as mine is subpar at best.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All I have to say is...some of these teams are :lol .

We have awesome prelim matches! More on that later. I still have to do a few things.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm seriously cracking up about these teams. What's even more funny is my niece trying to pronounce some of these. Foobah ducky. :lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to add another achievement.

Anybody beating a tourney level player, and by that meaning completely knocking out of the tourney, gets something!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to give $100 to the person that knocks out a tourney level player and I am sooooooooooo going to put that player on blast for life. :lol

Kadey said:
I'm going to give $100 to the person that knocks out a tourney level player and I am sooooooooooo going to put that player on blast for life. :lol

Even if it's another tourney player who knocks them out? Also can we get a list of the tourney players competing?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The term tourney level is misleading. I'll have more details when I announce teams in a few. I'm finalizing everything. We got some badass teams!

sorry blackvegeta....i tried joining your game, but it wasn't connecting :-(

GGs to DJ Lusious!! Fun times.:) Nice Vega; and Juri seems like she's going to be a really annoying character once everyone gets familar with her tools

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Captain N said:
what's the difference?

Standard grabs are LP+LK at the same time. Every character has it and you can tech out of it by doing the same button pressing the same exact time your opponent does. Basically you have to predict whether your opponent is going to do it.

Command grabs require motion like Abel's tornado throw and Zangief's pile driver. One is quarter circle forward + punch while the other is full 360 motion + punch. Some characters have command grabs while others do not. Most characters do not actually. They are harder to do and you can't block or tech them.

Steaks

I shoulda entered but eh, I'm lazy. Plus I'm not really a fan of online tournies, even for fun because people take that kind of win too seriously sometimes :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom