• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

Busaiku said:
What's more, if you download from someone that had the game, 2 people without the game can both play it as Ryu.
So, say you had three people with 3DS, and only one copy of the game.

The guy with the game plays a match with each of the non-game owning people separately (they both play as Ryu).

Is it then possible for those two to then play a Ryu vs Ryu shareware version without the third person who owns the game cart?

If so *mind blown*

Nice op :^)

wonderfuldays said:
Lite mode won't match those superb player online. Superb player will give you no chance. It helps people not that good at fighting game. I like it.
Pretty much. And can't you filter your fights so that you don't face anyone with lite controls anyway?

wonderfuldays said:
Lite mode won't match those superb player online. Superb player will give you no chance. It helps people not that good at fighting game. I like it.

part of guiles weakness/ strategy disappears when the charge is no longer necessary though (or morphs to something new maybe?). making him pretty beastly. same for any charge character I guess. match filtering fixes all of it though...

Teknoman

Kuran said:
With arranged BGM settings, do you mean that there is only one version of each song? Or that the game limits the song-selection process before each match?

Sorry haven't played SF4 since its original release...

The original SFIV had specific stage themes, and you would only hear classic music like Ryu or Cammy's theme during a rival (pre last boss) fight against them (or whoever your rival was supposed to be).

In Super Street Fighter IV, there were still specific stage themes (some pretty cool, like Solar Eclipse), but they added an extra option where stage themes wouldnt play and you would always hear the theme of the person you were fighting against, making it closer to classic Street Fighter.

Example: With normal BGM on and fighting in the Africa solar eclipse stage you would hear this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjbbWDruvI no matter who you were fighting against.

With Arranged BGM, if you were fighting against Cammy in that stage, you would hear this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waQgq3zHf3g

TheOGB

Banned
I suck at charge characters and I cannot wait for dat forward dash > Flash Kick. All y'all can suck it.

I would, however, only use Pro mode with Ryu or Ken or Ibuki or anyone else.

WHERE DID ALL THESE POSTS COME FROM

Teknoman

godofcookery said:
part of guiles weakness/ strategy disappears when the charge is no longer necessary though (or morphs to something new maybe?). making him pretty beastly. same for any charge character I guess. match filtering fixes all of it though...

Well it sorta makes it like playing a totally new game if you face lite control users.

Kuran

Banned
Teknoman said:
The original SFIV had specific stage themes, and you would only hear classic music like Ryu or Cammy's theme during a rival (pre last boss) fight against them (or whoever your rival was supposed to be).

In Super Street Fighter IV, there were still specific stage themes (some pretty cool, like Solar Eclipse), but they added an extra option where stage themes wouldnt play and you would always hear the theme of the person you were fighting against, making it closer to classic Street Fighter.

Example: With normal BGM on and fighting in the Africa solar eclipse stage you would hear this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxjbbWDruvI no matter who you were fighting against.

With Arranged BGM, if you were fighting against Cammy in that stage, you would hear this

Thanks for the info!

The Hermit

Teknoman said:

Wait... there's no solar eclipse music in this version?!

Fuck...

Teknoman

Baiano19 said:
Wait... there's no solar eclipse music in this version?!

Fuck...

No there is Solar Eclipse music. What I meant was the music set up is like SFIV vanilla:

Stage themes are always on, character themes only play during rival battles. All the stage themes from the console version of Super Street Fighter IV are in.

wwm0nkey

So yeah finding a match is stupidly quick, takes about 2 seconds.

The online is pretty awesome and lag free as well and im having a blast with it, the touch screen stuff isnt as bad as I thought it would be.

Teknoman

wwm0nkey said:
So yeah finding a match is stupidly quick, takes about 2 seconds.

The online is pretty awesome and lag free as well and im having a blast with it, the touch screen stuff isnt as bad as I thought it would be.

I need to learn how to apply more pressure on the screen. I keep trying quick taps, but it never works. Then again, i'll probably set it to pro once I get the game, and figure out stuff from there.

LiK

Eteric Rice said:
So it's only 30 FPS in 3D mode?

Wonder if they could have made it 60 FPS with more time? :/

as far as i know, dunno any game that runs at 60fps in 3D mode including the PS3 games. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Luigiv

Eteric Rice said:
So it's only 30 FPS in 3D mode?

Wonder if they could have made it 60 FPS with more time? :/
Might of been, though given the circumstances I don't think it's likely without toning down the graphics. Seems like "2D mode" was a late addition as originally the game was intended to run at 30fps only. So they might not have enough room left to optimise

This is in contrast to games like DoAD and Lego Pirates, which appear to have targetted 60fps 2D first but were unable to be optimized enough to get 3D mode to match.

LiK said:
as far as i know, dunno any game that runs at 60fps in 3D mode including the PS3 games. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Monkey Ball (also supposedly Kid Icarus, though I could be wrong on that one given that I'm not the best at identifying framerates).

That banner is awesome.

LiK said:
Super Stardust HD if you're including PS3 games

Izayoi

Banned
Luigiv said:
Monkey Ball (also supposedly Kid Icarus, though I could be wrong on that one given that I'm not the best at identifying framerates).
Both Monkey Ball and Kid Icarus are 60FPS in 3D mode, you're correct.

I need to confirm this but I'm pretty sure you can't play an online match at 60 fps if the other player plays in 3d even if you turned off the 3d in order to play in 60 fps mode.

That's really sucks because the 3d adds nothing to the game and the controls feels unresponsive in 30fps.
This game is such a great port but the 3d @ 30fps ruined it.

Luigiv

Kinspiracy said:
60 FPS with 30 FPS going to each eye or 120 FPS with 60 FPS going to each eye?
Well neither if we're going to be technical about it, the latter if we're going to be nontechnical about it.

kunonabi

So I've been playing SSFIV all this time with the crummy stage themes instead of the character themes. Why didn't anybody tell me this sooner?

One of the two games I will be getting with my 3DS tomorrow. Not sure for how long I will be playing it for since i only play handhelds at home and I already have super for both 360 and ps3. But it's looks like the best launch title so definitely getting it.

Teknoman

Me_Marcadet said:
I need to confirm this but I'm pretty sure you can't play an online match at 60 fps if the other player plays in 3d even if you turned off the 3d in order to play in 60 fps mode.

That's really sucks because the 3d adds nothing to the game and the controls feels unresponsive in 30fps.

Eh, feels just fine to me. I could play with Cody just as well as I normally do on the console. You just have to get used to it.

Bear

Kinspiracy said:
60 FPS with 30 FPS going to each eye or 120 FPS with 60 FPS going to each eye?

The 3DS would render 60 FPS, both to each eye and in total. The images aren't alternating like it would with glasses, the screen displays both simultaneously to different eyes. It's not the framerate that changes, it's the image resolution.

M3d10n

LiK said:
Monkey Ball?

Me_Marcadet said:

It was possible in the PC version (as long as the player with the shitty PC had "framerate" set to "fixed" in the options), because the slower user gets skipped frames, so it shouldn't be an issue unless Capcom messed up.

Izayoi

Banned
Bear said:
The 3DS would render 60 FPS, both to each eye and in total. The images aren't alternating like it would with glasses, the screen displays both simultaneously to different eyes. It's not the framerate that changes, it's the image resolution.
Yeah, this is the most accurate way to explain it. The game doesn't have to render 120 frames because technically it's rendering one image at 800x200 and then splitting it and sending one of each to either side of the barrier.

Teknoman said:
Eh, feels just fine to me. I could play with Cody just as well as I normally do on the console. You just have to get used to it.
The thing is that I bought the game thinking I could avoid all this 30fps bullshit if I wanted.
There should have been a filter for 60fps online play.

Luigiv

Me_Marcadet said:
The thing is that I bought the game thinking I could avoid all this 30fps bullshit if I wanted.
There should have been a filter for 60fps online play.
I'm pretty sure that regardless of what mode you play, the game logic will still run at 60Hz.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how fun this game is even on a handheld. I wasn't planning on getting it with the 3DS but I'd heard enough good things about it that I went ahead and picked it up tonight.

On a side note however when I opened the game box I noticed the inside was covered in hair. It looked like someone had shaved over the case and just let the hair stay.... :|

Ysiadmihi

Banned
For those who have both, would you say get this or Pilotwings? I play SSF4 all the time on the 360 so as much as I want to get this it seems like a redundant purchase if Pilotwings is worth it.

Izayoi

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
For those who have both, would you say get this or Pilotwings? I play SSF4 all the time on the 360 so as much as I want to get this it seems like a redundant purchase if Pilotwings is worth it.
Well how much would you value a perfect portable version of SSFIV?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Izayoi said:
Well how much would you value a perfect portable version of SSFIV?

Quite a bit, but I've gotten used to a stick and having to work with four face and two shoulder buttons doesn't sound too pleasant which is why I'm considering Pilotwings instead.

Izayoi

Banned
Ysiadmihi said:
Quite a bit, but I've gotten used to a stick and having to work with four face and two shoulder buttons doesn't sound too pleasant which is why I'm considering Pilotwings instead.
Ah, I see your dilemma. That's really a judgment you'll have to make for yourself I guess. Try out the d-pad/slide pad once you get the 3DS and base your purchase off of how easy you think it would be to adapt.

Busaiku

Using the macros on the touch screen are not at all cumbersome like I thought it would be.
Though the issue is that I get fingerprints on it!

Top Bottom