• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

Well if there weren't 'those guys' who keep telling the game is a perfect port, I would keep my mouth shut.

We need to inform people as much as possible. There was a lot of misinformation about SSF4 3d with people telling it was 60 fps in 3d when clearly it wasn't.

Maybe for some framerate isn't important but it could be a deal breaker for other and we need to be the more accurate possible.

Me_Marcadet said:
It's not perfect because of 30fps online play. It's a high quality port but it's not perfect.
Agreed. I turned the 3D off for the (almost) silky smooth 60fps as I thought the performance would improve the game. Single player stays at 60fps but online is only 30fps. Bummer. I've decided to keep the 3D on all the time now as the performance doesn't really improve with 3D off and lower frame rate doesn't seem to affect the gameplay - 1 frame links seem to time exactly the same with 3D set to both on and off (via the option menu and not the slider).

I still cannot believe all the reports stating that it was 60fps during 3D mode though. GET NEW EYES PEOPLE!!!

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Can't wait to get my copy and kick your ass
and by "kick your ass" I mean "get my ass kicked"

Just played a few games on arcade mode. The 3d effect is very cool. The depth is especially impressive on the jungle level and construction site. For people that aren't good at fighters, its nice to have the combo buttons on the touch screen.

This topic isnt really the place to be talking about the PC version or MvC3... but in any case... SSFIV on consoles IIRC does not run on MT Framework, so I see no connection with a possible MvC3 PC port.

Onagi

Banned
When I went to pick up my 3DS last night, I had every intention to get Pilotwings Resort. However, at the moment of truth the words "Street Fighter" inexorably came out, and that's what I ended up bringing home with me.

I tried out the dynamic view with 3D enabled. It was ok, but I had a hard time with it. While the 3D effects are nice to see, I have to turn them off as they bother my eyes. I have problems with my right eye, so I already knew I wasn't going to be able to enjoy the 3D that much though.

I haven't hopped online to play yet, as I fear the internet kicking my tail all over the place. I like the lite mode controls for supers and ultras, but if anyone plans to do serious competitive play I would say they definitely have to filter out players that use it.

Overall, the game is a lot of fun. It's better than I expected on a handheld, but I've only spent about 30 minutes with it so far.

Nemesis_

I'm so confused as to why people thought it would be 60fps while 3D.

I think many times both me and VOOK said pre-release that it was most definitely NOT. >_> Guess no one listened.

Balb

I haven't really gotten used to the 3DS controls yet, but the game itself is great and uncompromised in many respects. Hell, they even gave you the alternate costumes for each character. Finding opponents online has been pretty smooth as well (well...at least compared to Marvel vs Capcom 3, which is admittedly a low bar).

If anyone wants to play a few matches let me know.

Nemesis556 said:
I'm so confused as to why people thought it would be 60fps while 3D.

I think many times both me and VOOK said pre-release that it was most definitely NOT. >_> Guess no one listened.

The problem is not the 30 fps in 3d. Gladly and thank to you and VOOK, we knew the truth before the launch.
What we didn't knew was that when you play online, even if you desactivate the 3d, the game runs at 30fps.

Someone needs to test the framerate in local play.

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Capcom beat out all others at launch, even Nintendo's own offerings.

They absolutely did. SSF4 is awesome on the 3DS. If Capcom continues this kind of support on the 3DS I am more than willing to support them.

I still have problems with the DPad, cause my fingers allways bump into the Touchscreen when doing hadokens^^

For now, I'm a happy touchscreen Lite Noob. But I plan on playing pro controls exclusively.
Gotta fresh up on those Chun Li skills.

Me_Marcadet said:
The problem is not the 30 fps in 3d. Gladly and thank to you and VOOK, we knew the truth before the launch.
What we didn't knew was that when you play online, even if you desactivate the 3d, the game runs at 30fps.

So would you suggest to play the game in 30 fps in general cause It would be beneficial for timing when playing online then?

Kenka

TurtleSnatcher said:
So you are going to be 'that guy'

The one that comes into the thread to post this every 4 hrs?

Marcadet is notorious in french-speaking forums for being extremely sarcastic. He has acted so during the last ten years or so (well, basically since I've known him).

Deep inside though, he's one fearless Nintendo fan :) And he will do whatever he feels right to point on weaknesses of the different softwares on Nintendo consoles.
Me_Marcadet said:
Well if there weren't 'those guys' who keep telling the game is a perfect port, I would keep my mouth shut.

We need to inform people as much as possible. There was a lot of misinformation about SSF4 3d with people telling it was 60 fps in 3d when clearly it wasn't.

Maybe for some framerate isn't important but it could be a deal breaker for other and we need to be the more accurate possible.
T'as vraiment pas changé marcassin :)
boris feinbrand said:
So would you suggest to play the game in 30 fps in general cause It would be beneficial for timing when playing online then?
That would be hardcore. I wouldn't do it for example.

dc89

I got this alongside PilotWings with my 3DS. Seeing as today is my first day off I will probably have a real good sit down with this game!

Man the best game for the handheld right now is a game best played with a fightstick.

Gonna to have to pass as I don't even enjoy fighters on a dpad anymore.

Not only that I KNOW if I play street fighter enthusiastically I'll destroy the 3DSs DPAD in no time. Makes me wish they included a bluetooth option so I could play it with a external controller like I can with my PSPGo.

But no doubt Street fighter is the best game out for the 3DS. As Long as sales go into fighting games I'm happy :D

GDGF

Soothsayer
I have my copy right now. System is in the cradle. Just got everything like an hour ago :)

So psyched. Can't wait to join in the fun!

MoxManiac

MvC3 would be amazing on PC. Moveswap hacking for the win. I would swap everyone's animation set with Shuma-Gorath.

Is SSF4 online seriously 30fps? Does it at least read inputs at 60fps?

wackojackosnose said:
Agreed. I turned the 3D off for the (almost) silky smooth 60fps as I thought the performance would improve the game. Single player stays at 60fps but online is only 30fps. Bummer. I've decided to keep the 3D on all the time now as the performance doesn't really improve with 3D off and lower frame rate doesn't seem to affect the gameplay - 1 frame links seem to time exactly the same with 3D set to both on and off (via the option menu and not the slider).

I still cannot believe all the reports stating that it was 60fps during 3D mode though. GET NEW EYES PEOPLE!!!
Reminds me of that idiot from IGN who played MGS4 at Konami's mountain lair at the special press event ahead of release and said that it ran at 60FPS.

M3d10n

MoxManiac said:
MvC3 would be amazing on PC. Moveswap hacking for the win. I would swap everyone's animation set with Shuma-Gorath.

Is SSF4 online seriously 30fps? Does it at least read inputs at 60fps?
I suppose Capcom did changes to the game so it plays OK at 30fps, because the PC version becomes an unplayable mess whenever frameskipping kicks in. It's possible that the gameplay code runs at 60fps under the hood: MT framework' specialty is asynchronous multithreading anyway (which means a PC port would be glorious, but we all know Ono is trolling).

Bankoiia

I'm having a blast playing this online. Matches are overall very smooth and fast to get going. Too bad there's currently no way to join people on your friends list, am I wrong?

Collecting figures is strangely addictive.

bon

I got the console SF4, but not Super, so a lot of the stuff here is new to me. Juri is pretty rad.

Also I'm impressed with how quickly you get connected to an online match.

K701

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Which tweet is it?

There are a lot. Here is the latest on the main page :

Ono said:
I understood. Could be wait soon. ;D RT @kikogotskill:NAD WHAT ABOUT OF SSFIV PC Ono san....your promise ? about 6 hours ago via ついっぷる/twipple

Guy is saying "What about your promise about the SSF4 PC announcement?"

Ono says "soon"

BTW just got SSF4 3d. How do I find out my friend code? Do I HAVE to make a Mii?

Teknoman

Me_Marcadet said:

Whats funny is how many game journalist seem to have busted eyes. It's not that hard to tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps, no matter how smooth the game may look at 30.

Anyway, i'm picking up the game today, so hopefully I wont smudge up my touchscreen too much :p

The Hermit

Teknoman said:
No there is Solar Eclipse music. What I meant was the music set up is like SFIV vanilla:

Stage themes are always on, character themes only play during rival battles. All the stage themes from the console version of Super Street Fighter IV are in.

Oh got it...excellent news then!

My only gripe with Sf4/SSF4 was the lack of individual stages like in SF2... SF3 had some sharing like Ken/Alex and now most of the stages are generic (I mean, not for a specific character)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Me_Marcadet said:

WHAT!? Please tell me this is a mistake.

this game is truly awesome - easily the best handheld fighting game i've ever played. it's also the only thing on 3DS to date that i can "see" with the slider all the way up.

the touch controls are a great addition, too. they open the strategic side of SF to a lot more people without feeling like a compromise due to the hardware.

Lyte Edge

Domstercool said:
Local wireless is 60fps, you can totally tell the difference compared to online

Wow, that really sucks. It's almost enough to make me want to forget about buying a 3DS right now, but I'm gonna pick it up anyway.

tass0

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
WHAT!? Please tell me this is a mistake.

It's true, unfortunately.

It's quite disappointing, but I learned to live with it, I'm really enjoying the game so far.

It's actually more like 20-25 FPS.

K701

Banned
K701 said:
BTW just got SSF4 3d. How do I find out my friend code? Do I HAVE to make a Mii?

Ok you HAVE to make a Mii to get a friend code. My code:

0645-5757-3675

Playing right now and will play all throughout the day.

Lyte Edge

tass0 said:
It's true, unfortunately.

It's quite disappointing, but I learned to live with it, I'm really enjoying the game so far.

o_O

WTF? That's *terrible*...but I will now go in with these expectations. This is the type of information I would have expected all of the website/magazine reviewers to pick up on, but nobody said a thing about it, to my knowledge.

ok, this is fun, but if you take the game seriously at all, it's fairly janky. That's to be expected though. As in, it's best to reach over and hit the FA button on the touch screen if you want to FADC anything.

Two matches online and my hand is dead!

edit: a game like Dead or Alive will be totally awesome though, just due to the simplicity of inputs and fighting engine. I'm really looking forward to it now.

edit 2: may 31st for DOA?! muthafucka.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
My most anticipated launch game, and the only one of the 6 or so that I ordered that won't be here until Tuesday! :(

S1kkZ

tass0 said:
no, its not. its solid 30 fps for the most part, with little dips (maybe to 27 or 25) that only happen to me when i play online in 3d.

i am very sensitive to framerate issues (pilotwings is unplayable for me, because of the constant stutter) but i have no problems with ssf4.

Lyte Edge

OK, got my system and immediately tried SSF4 online.

Match number one was incredibly laggy. We didn't even get to finish the match before it disconnected. But even then, I was able to get moves off.

The second match I tried was perfect...no noticeable lag. The game going at 30fps was instantly-noticeable, but I found that it was not a problem and I was still able to pull everything off I would normally do on the console versions.

So while it going at 30fps online is still a disappointment, I can definitely deal with it. :)

Lyte Edge said:
OK, got my system and immediately tried SSF4 online.

Match number one was incredibly laggy. We didn't even get to finish the match before it disconnected. But even then, I was able to get moves off.

The second match I tried was perfect...no noticeable lag. The game going at 30fps was instantly-noticeable, but I found that it was not a problem and I was still able to pull everything off I would normally do on the console versions.

So while it going at 30fps online is still a disappointment, I can definitely deal with it. :)
That's encouraging to hear. Thanks for the impressions. I presume connection will vary, but as long as both players are relatively close the game will still be quite playable despite the frame rate halving.

Top Bottom