• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

Teknoman

wwm0nkey said:
just go to the figure thing, build your team and then click "activate street pass"

NOTE: You have to activate it again when you switch teams.

I mean spot pass, where you get online data notifications (the blue notifications in the home menu). I remember some people posting that they received a message from Capcom talking about future updates or something.

Poyunch

Celine said:
Yes, online is only 30fps ( same happened with Mario Kart DS ).
To get 60 fps on local you need to disable an option in the menu, not just shut off the slide.
Though in that case the game doesn't use AA.
Yeah I knew that beforehand bit I guess I'll turn it back on since it's capped to 30 online. :D

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Teknoman said:
I mean spot pass, where you get online data notifications (the blue notifications in the home menu). I remember some people posting that they received a message from Capcom talking about future updates or something.

I dont have my DS on me but i think the option your talking about was in the recent activity program thing. Not sure 100% sure tho

Edit* its not there, i swear i saw it somewhere in the menus ....

Skilletor

Kaijima said:
Ah heh, don't feel bad. The challenge trials are the exact same ones as the console version - in other words they were devised for people playing on a big pad or a full joystick.

It's a lot harder to do many of them on the 3DS controls.

I'm laughing at stuff I have absolutely no problem doing on a stick and struggling with on the 3DS. I WILL get all of cammy's trials done!

Man...show me somebody playing a good Viper on 3DS. I would have much respect.

Trin3785 said:
I dont have my DS on me but i think the option your talking about was in the recent activity program thing. Not sure 100% sure tho

Edit* its not there, i swear i saw it somewhere in the menus ....

Its the notification system.
Capcom sent the message through that on the system info.

Kusagari

All I keep fighting online are Ryu spammers who can do nothing but spam Hadoukens and Hurricane Kicks through the touch controls. It's hilarious how easy it is to beat them because none of them can block for anything.

Somehow these guys are always on 3+ win streaks though.

Good lord, I tried to play the game with Pro controls today and I suck so hard at it. My thumbs simply lack the extra layer of Beat em up leather to sustain that much punishment.

In fact the warning about taking breaks that comes up before booting up SSF4 is actually meant to prevent the kind of cramps and pains that I'm experiencing right now.

Kusagari said:
All I keep fighting online are Ryu spammers who can do nothing but spam Hadoukens and Hurricane Kicks through the touch controls. It's hilarious how easy it is to beat them because none of them can block for anything.

Somehow these guys are always on 3+ win streaks though.

I can never see other peoples win streaks.

Any way hearing the rival themes that doesnt mean playing all the arcade mode again? In the game, I dont mean youtube.

Is there a way to unlock a sound test mode to hear the music?

ManeKast

boris feinbrand said:
Good lord, I tried to play the game with Pro controls today and I suck so hard at it. My thumbs simply lack the extra layer of Beat em up leather to sustain that much punishment.

In fact the warning about taking breaks that comes up before booting up SSF4 is actually meant to prevent the kind of cramps and pains that I'm experiencing right now.
Same here, they didn't make this thing for gamers with giant ape hands like me.

Skilletor

ManeKast said:
Same here, they didn't make this thing for gamers with giant ape hands like me.

Yeah. I really miss the XL :(.

I'm up to challenge 13 with Cammy. I WILL PERSEVERE.

Playing PRO controls, of course.

I have lp+mp+hp mapped to screen 1, kicks on screen 3 and then hp and hk on screens 2 and 4 respectively.

This works pretty well for me. Almost like having a 6 button layout on a pad.

Poyunch

God damn I don't know if it's the latency or if it's the 30 fps but I can't perform certain moves when I'm online and it's 30 fps. I guess I should just leave 3D on when I'm offline so I get used to playing like with the framerate hit.

Glix

Must be the casuals, I DOMINATE online, and I'm really not very good.

They can't handle the 'gief balls in the face buster!

basik

so if i want to change the controls...i have to go in and change them individually for EVERY character? really???

MrBeggar

Does anybody know this??
Can a JP 3DS and NA 3DS play each other at sf4? or say pokemon black/white?

or does the regionlock also affect local gameplay?

Thanks in advance.

How the hell do I deal with Cammy? I seem to have trouble blocking moves that require you to hold back and down.

The game also seems to interpret Hadoken as "jump in the air!" even when I make sure I don't fling the nub in the upwards direction.

Bizzyb

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Any way hearing the rival themes that doesnt mean playing all the arcade mode again? In the game, I dont mean youtube.

Is there a way to unlock a sound test mode to hear the music?

Nope, unfortunately not. In the console version you can though. Someone correct me If I'm wrong though

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Does anyone else think the over the shoulder mode isnt that great for actual playing. I just cant use Blanka effectively in that view but it is cool looking.

Busaiku

Trin3785 said:
Does anyone else think the over the shoulder mode isnt that great for actual playing. I just cant use Blanka effectively in that view but it is cool looking.
Nope, it's not that great for playing actual games.
But when I switched it and 3D on, I was for the first time impressed with 3DS's 3D, and I've had it since Saturday (with Pilotwings).

Izayoi

Banned
Izayoi said:
If it means anything to any of you, I main Tsubaki and Lambda is CS. Are there any characters in Street Fighter that play similarly?
Nobody? I've been playing around with a few characters today and I can't find anyone who's similar.

stupei

Mejilan said:
I cannot believe how amazing (and feature complete!) this version turned out. You can tell where they had to cut some corners (ink effects, backgrounds) but the core experience is perfectly intact. I had no problems switching from arcade stick to d-pad, and with 8 buttons within easy reach (4 face, 2 shoulder, and 2 of 4 touch panels), I've had no problems finding my SF4 rhythm.

The lite controls are a game-breaking mistake, but at least you can filter out those cheaters when in online play. Sadly, before I played with the online customization aspect of matchmaking, I incurred my first and only loss to what will likely prove to be an extremely popular Guile + lite epidemic.

Online can be laggy, as is the jarring switch from 60 fps to 30, but on the whole, the game does not fail to consistently impress. Best launch title of the bunch, IMHO.

As someone who hasn't played a fighting game in a really long time, I used the Lite controls to play through arcade mode a few times and get the hang of the rhythm of combat and when to execute specific moves and counters. It's a pretty nice stepping stone for people who want to get back into it, but it should be the kind of thing you can filter out of even a quick match.

farnham

Banned
gotta say that SSFIV was the best online experience i had on a handheld ever

i really liked mario kart ds and pokemon global trading system online and all that jazz but SSFIV really works without lag and the interface is pretty good too

hayejin

PounchEnvy said:
Got my first disconnect. Whoever you are Andrew (who used Akuma). You should take it like a man.

I just beat a guy named "andrew" using Akuma in 3D battle. I avenged your ragequit.

Teknoman

Izayoi said:
Nobody? I've been playing around with a few characters today and I can't find anyone who's similar.

CS = Continuum Shift?

SpacePirate Ridley said:
What the mother of fuck shitty design decission was that?

You think thats bad, i'm still trying to figure out how the Drive In stage music track got switched with the wrong theme. That should've been something that was picked up by QA...and hopefully that gets fixed in an update if possible.

Anyone else having a very hard time getting the game to register pressing 3 buttons at once? I can't use any move requiring LMH punch/kick.

TaKeRx

Obsessed said:
Anyone else having a very hard time getting the game to register pressing 3 buttons at once? I can't use any move requiring LMH punch/kick.

It barely works for me. I say just have it as one of the 4 touch buttons.

El Fuerte is really fun to use. Having a blast running all over the screen and wall jumping.

edit: But what do I do against people that outrange him? Juri just totally wrecked my shit up with her kicks. They outrange me and push me too far back to do anything back to her. :(

Effect

Just played though the game for the first time with Ken. Set it to easiest but the last to few fights were somewhat hard. I say hard as someone that doesn't have a lot of experience with Street Fighter. I was button mashing for the most part.

Does the training mode do a good job teaching people how to play the game? Only did three so far for Juri. However doing moves in training is quite different from doing them in a match against the CPU and against another player.

If you turn the controls to "Pro" what's shown on the touch screen? Character moves?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Glix said:
Must be the casuals, I DOMINATE online, and I'm really not very good.

They can't handle the 'gief balls in the face buster!

Yeah, so many players absolutely suck at SSF4 3DS online. At 4:37 in play time, I already have 2252 PP and 79/87 fights won for a 90.80% win rate. Got another streak going at 25 wins with Chun-Li, and currently have 2357 BP and 64/67 fights won for a 95.52% win rate.

Even playing with the pro control setting, there are still people popping up who cannot even do special moves. :l

I have yet to come across any players using Honda, Blanka, Viper, Rufus, Fuerte, Seth, Rose, Gen, Dan, Makoto, Dudley, and Adon yet.

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, so many players absolutely suck at SSF4 3DS online. At 4:37 in play time, I already have 2252 PP and 79/87 fights won for a 90.80% win rate. Got another streak going at 25 wins with Chun-Li, and currently have 2357 BP and 64/67 fights won for a 95.52% win rate.

Even playing with the pro control setting, there are still people popping up who cannot even do special moves. :l

I have yet to come across any players using Honda, Blanka, Viper, Rufus, Fuerte, Seth, Rose, Gen, Dan, Makoto, Dudley, and Adon yet.

So what do you mostly play on? I mean I struggle against people who use lite because they just spam, and I'm not very good, so I usually play on custom with pro mode only. I can do special moves atleast with out lite mode, I just suck on defense.

This game makes me feel old....I havent played street fighter since 2 and that was mostly in a arcade.....1 quarter....end of game. I cant do any of the triple button moves and just generally SUCK. Im hoping grinding away in the trial mode will help my sorry ass.

Lyte Edge

StickSoldier said:
So what do you mostly play on? I mean I struggle against people who use lite because they just spam, and I'm not very good, so I usually play on custom with pro mode only. I can do special moves atleast with out lite mode, I just suck on defense.

Oh, pro-only. Lite is a joke. I tried it only once and it was just as bad as I thought it would be, LOL.

A lot of the people I've come across just don't have the fundamentals down. If I had to guess, I've been playing a lot of people whose first experience with SF4 is this version of the game.

Lyte Edge

biggkidd32 said:
Do they health bars look crooked for anyone else? I have 3d off but the bars do not look straight.

They're supposed to look like that. :)

Anyone have a hard time finding players when filtering only Pro mode? I had no trouble the last two days but it seems kinda dead today.

Lyte Edge

Space A Cobra said:
Anyone have a hard time finding players when filtering only Pro mode? I had no trouble the last two days but it seems kinda dead today.

Host the match yourself or play arcade with fight request on. I get players within seconds doing that.

- J - D -

Came across my first rage quitter today on SSFIV3D. I was suprised it took that long (around 100 matches) before someone decided they couldn't take it and...turn their 3DS off? Harder to rage quit in this version, and I'm glad it is.

Teknoman

Just set up a normal VS lobby, so if you're on my friend's list, drop by.

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Came across my first rage quitter today on SSFIV3D. I was suprised it took that long (around 100 matches) before someone decided they couldn't take it and...turn their 3DS off? Harder to rage quit in this version, and I'm glad it is.

Sometimes you have to quit since the game wont really let you back out. At least I dont know how to.

Top Bottom