• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supernatural: Season 9 |OT| It's Raining Men! Hallelujah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Lucifer Sam still above the food chain
Sam-Lucifer-Castiel-supernatural-23240752-530-300.gif

Well duh. Death > Arch Angels >>> everything else

Kevin

Wouldn't it ge awesome if for the 200th episode they brought back Gabriel in his role as the trickster and did a musical episode? Perhaps have Sam and Dean hallucinating characters like Lucifer, Cain, Bobby, etc? Imagine lucifer and Cain and others breaking out into singing and dancing. Would be epic!

Also an episode where they replaced the entire cast with puppets and made a comedy episode. I'm also waiting for my spinoff series; Supernatural: Cooking with Crowley.

Yeah I'm tired, I'm going to bed now...

dalin80

Banned
Lucifer Sam still above the food chain
sam-lucifer-castiel-sc3uh7.gif

Briefly... I always presumed that he would burn through the juice very quickly. The only thing with the power and endurance of Demon Dean+ is either a full archangel or cains beard. God Cas until he melted down would be a step above.

Wouldn't it ge awesome if for the 200th episode they brought back Gabriel in his role as the trickster and did a musical episode? Perhaps have Sam and Dean hallucinating characters like Lucifer, Cain, Bobby, etc? Imagine lucifer and Cain and others breaking out into singing and dancing. Would be epic!

Also an episode where they replaced the entire cast with puppets and made a comedy episode. I'm also waiting for my spinoff series; Supernatural: Cooking with Crowley.

Unless they have special guest writer Joss Whedon for the musical...no.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

For the 200th I'd rather see and episode featuring the spirits of John Winchester and Bobby somehow. Maybe something happens that makes the brothers need to go into heaven again, where they find all of their loved ones happy and content. Dean and Sam find the heaven version of the roadhouse, where they find John, Bobby, Jo and Ellen, the mullet dude, all together and happy. That would be cool to see, a reunion show of sorts.

Jarmel

Banned
Dean is probably stronger than all the archangels other than Lucifer and Michael now. He actually was able to hurt Metatron when he was just in his human form. Even Metatron juiced up was impressed. Now you have a version of Dean that is even more powerful than that. Add to the fact that he's essentially unkillable by anything other than the weapon he possesses and he's pretty much at the top of the food chain.

He's still nowhere near True God or Death's level though. I do wonder if there are restrictions on him killing Crowley for example as Crowley 'knighted' him.

Dean is probably stronger than all the archangels other than Lucifer and Michael now. He actually was able to hurt Metatron when he was just in his human form. Even Metatron juiced up was impressed. Now you have a version of Dean that is even more powerful than that. Add to the fact that he's essentially unkillable by anything other than the weapon he possesses and he's pretty much at the top of the food chain.

Yup, this is why I'm hoping there's no hiding who he really is. I want him to go into beast mode from the very first episode of season 10. No faffing about with secrets or hiding who he really is from Sam, just get that crap out of the way in the opening 10 mins and have the rest of the season with Dean embracing who he is and destroying both angels and demons.

I'm also hoping he grows out his beard. That would complete his transformation.

Jarmel

Banned
Death>True God>Lucifer=Michael=God Cas?>Metatron(Around here)=First Knight in Demon Form>Regular Knights of Hell>Archangels>Angels>Demons

Anything above Archangel is hard to rank as they're all invincible essentially. God Cas and Metatron aren't restricted by normal Angel rules.

Death>True God>Lucifer=Michael>God Cas?>Metatron(Around here)=First Knight in Demon Form>Archangels=Regular Knights of Hell>Angels>Demons

Anything above Archangel is hard to rank as they're all invincible essentially.

Metatron is probably back to normal angel power levels now that the tablet has been destroyed.

Jarmel

Banned
Metatron is probably back to normal angel power levels now that the tablet has been destroyed.
I was referring to peak. Yea he's back low on the totem pole now.

God Cas could kill Archangels by snapping his fingers. Even Metatron juiced up was going to use the Angel Blade and couldn't just do snap kills.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was referring to peak. Yea he's back low on the totem pole now.

God Cas could kill Archangels by snapping his fingers. Even Metatron juiced up was going to use the Angel Blade and couldn't just do snap kills.

God Cas was above the Arch Angels, probably close to Death's level. He wasted an Arch Angel in an instant. Lucy, Gabe, Raff and Mike needed to use their blades to kill another Arch Angel.

Unless they have special guest writer Joss Whedon for the musical...no.

Episode 200 Trouble in Sunnydale

Sam and Dean doing the usually weekly job search come across mysterious happenings in a Sunnydale a quaint little city in Santa Barbara. The leave the bunker at once to investigate. Upon arrival they head to a local bar to get the "lay of the land". Just as they arrive a skinny bleach blond male exits the bar, making a scene. Inside they find a young blond girl visibly shaken. Sam attempts to comfort her but she shuns him off and exits "The Bronze" equally as dramatic. Just as sam and dean order a bear a scream is heard outside.

CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON!

Jarmel

Banned
God Cas was above the Arch Angels, probably close to Death's level. He wasted an Arch Angel in an instant. Lucy, Gabe, Raff and Mike needed to use their blades to kill another Arch Angel.

Well damn, I guess he really was close to God level. I don't remember Lucifer or Michael using the blades but if they did then yea God Cas was broken. Too bad it didn't last.

strafer

Season 2 done.

My favorite episode is whean Dean is in an alternate universe.

What a performance. Holy shit.

Tears everywhere.

Onwards to season 3.

Kevin

Mark Shepard has been made a series regular for season 10. Could this potentially indicate that demon Dean will be sticking around long after the 200th?

Mark Sheppard promoted to series regular for Season 10:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/23/supernatural-mark-sheppard-promoted-to-series-regular

Although already the "King of Hell," Firefly/BSG alum Mark Sheppard has been given a promotion. He'll be a series regular come Season 10 of The CW's Supernatural.

Sheppard, who plays Crowley, has been a recurring fixture on the series for the past four years. And given the events that took place in the Season 9 finale, it makes sense now for him to have an expanded role going forward. This news comes on the heels of actor Misha Collins, who plays Castiel, also getting bumped up to series regular status.

Ponn

Banned
I'd love a Christmas episode doing A Christmas Carol with Crowley as Scrooge. Sam could be the ghost of Christmas Past and he starts with short hair but as they get closer to the present his hair gets longer and longer.

Death>True God>Lucifer=Michael=God Cas?>Metatron(Around here)=First Knight in Demon Form>Regular Knights of Hell>Archangels>Angels>Demons

Anything above Archangel is hard to rank as they're all invincible essentially. God Cas and Metatron aren't restricted by normal Angel rules.

I wouldn't have Knights of Hell above Archangels.
No way.
Not even above regular Angels.
Abadon ran like a little bitch at the sight of plain old Gadriel nuking that diner and killing those 3 normal demons.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
3 should have been number one. my favorite musical cue of the series hands down
I don't know. I can't think of many characters on any TV show that have EVER been introduced in such an effective manner as Death, and the music was a huge part of that. It's definitely my #1 use of music in the show.

tumblr_m2vgzy45q31rn1wnu4b.gif

Season 10 Dean will prove he's the strongest, he'll take out Death and then God!

Sam will have to hookup with Lucifer and Cas will have to consume the leviathans again AND teamup with Lucifer Sam to stand a chance.

tumblr_n2ntpf3qgk1sjxlaupz.gif

I don't know. I can't think of many characters on any TV show that have EVER been introduced in such an effective manner as Death, and the music was a huge part of that. It's definitely my #1 use of music in the show.

Agree 100% here. It's my number one introduction of a character of all time. And Supernatural isn't even my favorite show.

I know I'm late to this, but I thought it was a good finale to an uneven season. It certainly shook things up, which is much appreciated, though I fear things will quickly go back to the status quo.

Jensen Ackles is hands down the best actor in the show.

Ahem...
yHYBs4E.jpg

But Jensen is underrated. I really want to see what he can do in something else. I tried watching Ten Inch Hero, and only got about thirty minutes in before giving up. But the few moments Jensen was in it, he was great.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

That scene, as well as the musical cues and the heart ticks when they came to the realization how fucked they were sold me on the series. Death had a fantastic entrance, but its death.

I'd put both Mark Shepard and Jim Beaver above Jensen actually.

I love them both (and Misha) and think they are amazing actors, but I think Jensen just has incredible range. Like, he can have a whole conversation with himself with just his face. And he can really, really sell the more hilarious, completely ridiculous moments of Supernatural without batting an eye. To me, that puts him above Shepard and Beaver, if only because we haven't seen them in that context on the show. You know what I mean?

And that's high praise from me, considering he's not my favorite character (I love you Misha you are a really really really really good actor but sorry)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Misha did a good job playing the vessel dude. Very harrowing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think he was hired solely for his star power way back when.

I love them both (and Misha) and think they are amazing actors, but I think Jensen just has incredible range. Like, he can have a whole conversation with himself with just his face. And he can really, really sell the more hilarious, completely ridiculous moments of Supernatural without batting an eye. To me, that puts him above Shepard and Beaver, if only because we haven't seen them in that context on the show. You know what I mean?

And that's high praise from me, considering he's not my favorite character (I love you Misha you are a really really really really good actor but sorry)

Considering the bold, I guess I can concede. Only because I realize you meant performances within this show only, and you're right... they've given Jensen opportunities for greater range.

Considering the bold, I guess I can concede. Only because I realize you meant performances within this show only, and you're right... they've given Jensen opportunities for greater range.

Yeah, I've only seen Shepard in more serious roles (Firefly, Doctor Who, X-Files) and haven't seen Jim Beaver in anything else.

Kevin

I don't think any of the actors are bad actors but everyone's performances have gone down in quality across the board in recent seasons but I'm pretty sure that nobody on the show is putting their full effort in anymore.

Yeah, I've only seen Shepard in more serious roles (Firefly, Doctor Who, X-Files) and haven't seen Jim Beaver in anything else.

In addition to being an awesome actor, Beaver is an author as well. His book, "Life's That Way", is supposedly fantastic. It also sounds absolutely heartbreaking, because it is a collection of letters he wrote to friends as he dealt with his wife's death and having to raise his daughter on his own.

Beaver is supposed to be awesome in Deadwood and Justified though. The couple times he showed up on Breaking Bad I didn't even recognize him until I saw his name in the credits and had to go back to the scenes. He just blended in, and he didnt look any different than usual. He just talked and carried himself differently.

I am excited to see him in Crimson Peak though. Apparently the part was written specifically for him by Guillermo Del Toro, and he costars with Tom Hiddleston. Sounds awesome.

Suddenly, season 10 just got even more awesome. VERY good news.

Shepard needs to get a guest spot on Sherlock so he can be one with the trifecta. Even just like, a random witness will do.

So excited about him being more in Supernatural though, I love his interactions with EVERYONE.

And Beaver just seems like an awesome person in general. I love that story of how the character of Bobby was cast, and how he just showed up in his everyday clothes and they were like 'Yep, that's how Bobby dresses.'

Yesterday the meta episode from season 6 was on tv so I watched it again. Man, that was some crazy shit lol.

Gotta join in on all the Jensen love, dude is awesome.
And yeah, Sheppard as regular is good news.

Jarmel

Banned
I wouldn't have Knights of Hell above Archangels.
No way.
Not even above regular Angels.
Abadon ran like a little bitch at the sight of plain old Gadriel nuking that diner and killing those 3 normal demons.

I'm gonna chalk that up to bad writing. Otherwise they wouldn't have needed the Blade and Cas would have just dealt with Abadon. They're supposed to be invincible to everything other than the Blade. Even archangels are bound by the same rules as other angels, which means they can be killed by conventional means.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm gonna chalk that up to bad writing. Otherwise they wouldn't have needed the Blade and Cas would have just dealt with Abadon. They're supposed to be invincible to everything other than the Blade. Even archangels are bound by the same rules as other angels, which means they can be killed by conventional means.

The Arch Angels had much stronger blades than regular angels, plus we've seen what they can do. Lucifer tanked the colt, the knife, regular angel blades, shat all over the pagan gods, killed Cas like it was nothing and Gabriel could alter reality to a degree no one else in the series could even dream about.

In a fight between the Knights of Hell and the Arch Angels, I gotta give it to the Arch Angels. Abbadon's tough, but I seriously doubt she could tank an Arch Angel's blade.

The Arch Angels had much stronger blades than regular angels, plus we've seen what they can do. Lucifer tanked the colt, the knife, regular angel blades, shat all over the pagan gods, killed Cas like it was nothing and Gabriel could alter reality to a degree no one else in the series could even dream about.

In a fight between the Knights of Hell and the Arch Angels, I gotta give it to the Arch Angels. Abbadon's tough, but I seriously doubt she could tank an Arch Angel's blade.

Yeah, I agree. Those guys are in a league of their own.

Ezalc

3 should have been number one. my favorite musical cue of the series hands down

While I love number 3's music more than number 1's, Death's intro is just executed so perfectly I can understand it topping it. Seriously, they did a fantastic job on that scene, I was left speechless.

pants

I really hope they dont do another season of one of the brothers hiding that something is wrong from the other.

Jarmel

Banned

Not all the archangels are equal. Lucifer and Michael are on a different level.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Not all the archangels are equal. Lucifer and Michael are on a different level.

They are all far above regular angels though. Nothing can kill an Arch Angel but an Arch Angel's blade--and maybe the First Blade, but we have no way of knowing that for sure since they're all either dead, locked away or probably hiding out in the Bahamas with some smoking hot underwear models.

They are all far above regular angels though. Nothing can kill an Arch Angel but an Arch Angel's blade--and maybe the First Blade, but we have no way of knowing that for sure since they're all either dead, locked away or probably hiding out in the Bahamas with some smoking hot underwear models.

It's really, really sad how much I want that to be the case.

Joni

I hope Gabe took Chuck with him.

Radec

If Death > All

and Lucifer can summon the Four Horsemen on his command, then Lucifer > All
20130416053204!Lucifer's_Wrath.jpg

tumblr_m0v6802r5Y1qel5pfo1_500.gif

where is this gif came from ?

are their wings shopped ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom