• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch amazon.fr preorder up for 350 EUR ($306 USD) in France

MilkyJoe

mr-burns-laughing.gif

I fucking knew they'd pull this shit. DOA

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Such a shitty practice. I was ready to preorder at 299 EUR. But now it seems like I am going to play BotW on my WiiU.

Genio88

Here in Italy even Amazon put it at 329€ like Gamestop, i just did my preorder, i hope they'll sort things out and price will drop to 299€ before release

kami_sama

Xtralife has the switch at 330€ here in Spain, but one of the major newspapers said 300€, I don't know what to think.
Will have to wait more until more stores have added it.

Amalthea

Banned
It always feels like most markets in Europe have to take those shit prices.
EDIT: I bet Switzerland will be 400 CHF. Everything is always twice as pricy.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
Xtralife has the switch at 330€ here in Spain, but one of the major newspapers said 300€, I don't know what to think.
Will have to wait more until more stores have added it.

The paper just assumed it's going to be 299 just as in the US, Nintendo didn't announce a MSRP in EU.

329 on Amazon Italy,same as Gamestop.
Still an utter disgrace considering that the value of the Euro is almost identical to that of the $ right now. And in Germany they were selling the PS4 WITH a game for 200€ during christmas to boot. The Switch will give DoA a whole new meaning in Europe.

Heck, am in Japan right now, might even get a switch now that region lock is gone (~275€ in Yen) and sell it for a nice bonus back home.

kami_sama

Still an utter disgrace considering that the value of the Euro is almost identical to that of the $ right now. And in Germany they were selling the PS4 WITH a game for 200€ during christmas to boot. The Switch will give DoA a whole new meaning in Europe.

Heck, am in Japan right now, might even get a switch now that region lock is gone (~275€ in Yen) and sell it for a nice bonus back home.

You know that US prices do not have taxes added in, right?
330€ is $300+21% of taxes in Spain.

Neku89

It seems that the grey SKU is sold-out now on Amazon.it...? And it's impossible to buy the colored SKU...? I hope that they're changing something.

Edit: shit, wrong thread.

OK. I preordered one.

But seriously, the price is way too high. Good luck selling the switch at that price Nintendo. Only nerds like me will be willing to pay so much money. And there are not much of us.

Suddenly I feel like the switch won't be this hard to find in march.

Hawkens

When a console is announced to $250 in USA, it's €250 in Europe. Same with other prices. (until now)

Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, etc, etc.

Hm, I don't get it. For example Sony released ths PS4 for $399 and €399. So....?

It wasn't like that for PS4.

Since then the us dollar has strengthened against the Euro. Back when those consoles released, the US Dollar was worth .75 Euros. Today the US Dollar is worth .95 Euros.

tolkir

Since then the us dollar has strengthened against the Euro. Back when those consoles released, the US Dollar was worth .75 Euros. Today the US Dollar is worth .95 Euros.

0.95? Holy shit, I didn't know that euro money bombed that hard.
Anyway, I still have hope. NES Classic was same price than USA and next Dragon Quest game has same price too.

m4st4

Can someone please explain to me why my NEON pre-order went through at amazon.fra but not .uk, .ita etc... I live in Croatia, it's electronics, never had problems with electronics before, so why Switch and why France? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Fuck off

Was a fairly poor conference for me anyway, up until the fantastic Zelda trailer. Basically asking you to buy just for Zelda - no splatoon until summer, and Mario in winter.

Probably my first non day one launch. Since GameCube (first Nintendo console with my own money) I've been there, often importing. But 3DS burnt me with the big price drop after launch (ambassador games were fun though).

So unless I have a moment of weakness I may wait until Mario comes out and hope for a £199 price by then

Can someone please explain to me why my NEON pre-order went through at amazon.fra but not .uk, .ita etc... I live in Croatia, it's electronics, never had problems with electronics before, so why Switch and why France? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

I dunno but noticed the same thing. Tried to preorder from UK and Italy and couldn't do it. Amazon France was the only one that did. I'm from Finland by the way.

m4st4

I dunno but noticed the same thing. Tried to preorder from UK and Italy and couldn't do it. Amazon France was the only one that did. I'm from Finland by the way.

Cheers mate, thanks for responding! My guess is it's error because when you click the details it clearly lists my country, and I'm sure Finland as well, as ship-free for 'electronics'. So I guess we were lucky enough.

I mean, once you pre-order it on amazon that's it right, the console will eventually get to our doorstep guaranteed, as long as the payment goes through, early March? I'm just being unreasonably paranoid here. :D

Raybunny

To be honest after seeing the line up and having a wii u, switch is defo not for me.

BotW for Wii u it is. Them 350 euros... :/

Amazon.it is up at 330€ and neither them nor .co.uk will ship to Switzerland. Whatever would still be too expensive anyway, I can wait.

ozfunghi

Well, looks like my Nintendo fanboyism ends here, a day after my 38th birthday. Good luck Nintendo, you're on your own.

foxbeldin

Will wait for the ambassadors program.

And btw, 349€ tax included in France = 291,66€ without tax. So $310.

NjlGKy8.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
350€ in $ is 372$ and not 306$ as the thread title says.

European prices are VAT-inclusive and USD prices are tax-exclusive. 350 Euro pre-tax is 291 euros, which is 306 USD. Alternatively, the Switch is 360 USD in the US at comparable sales tax (which is 341 Euro in Euros)

Wil348

I pre-ordered because I really want one but my god the pricing in Europe is abysmal. I could have dealt with €299 but €349 plus online subscription fee is insane. No doubt this thing is going to do poorly in terms of sales.

European prices are VAT-inclusive and USD prices are tax-exclusive. 350 Euro pre-tax is 291 euros, which is 306 USD. Alternatively, the Switch is 360 USD in the US at comparable sales tax (which is 341 Euro in Euros)

Irrelevant. EU never lists consumer prices without VAT and it was never an issue on GAF. Seems like you guys are trying to soften the damage by selectively applying VAT-less prices.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Irrelevant. EU never lists consumer prices without VAT and it was never an issue on GAF. Seems like you guys are trying to soften the damage by selectively applying VAT-less prices.

Give me a break, yeah, "Big Nintendo" has infiltrated "us guys" and we're trying to "soften the damage"

Top Bottom