• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switch Nindies Showcase 28 Feb 2017. 9 AM PT.

As primarily a PC gamer,
the Switch really does look like an awesome indie system.

The portability and form factor is quite nice.
May double dip on games I already own on Steam.

Still, have never not owned a Nintendo console. :p
PC + Nintendo has always been a strong combo.

BooJoh

Unless they cut content from the PC version, it should have modes for Arcade, vs CPU, Career, Training, and Lessons.

Oh, cool. Didn't know this was a pre-existing game. Just looked it up on Steam, and if it has the Arcade Mode (especially with all those cameos intact) I'm totally in for Switch version at $10.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I guess I reached an overdose of indie games somehow after the Wii U-PC combo because except Yooka-Laylee nothing really hypes me from what I saw in this video. Who knows, maybe closer to the release of some.

C.Mongler

Holy shit, that was honestly a great showing. I was going to begrudgingly get a Switch after initially hating their reveal presentation, and then deciding I'd get one anyway because, well, Zelda; that and I loved Snipperclips when I got to try it out a few weeks ago. But now? No regrets man. So many great games and sequels to great games, and not only that, but the Switch is PERFECT for the multiplayer component for a lot of these. And most of them were 2017 too. Man, can't wait now.

qko

Shibata unboxing video repeating after UK Nindies presentation.

Edit: Oops, that was just the autoplay happening. They didn't even bother to re-stream it live in the UK it seems.

MrFortyFive

Wow. Looking at that last picture with all the titles, there is a ridiculous amount of quality content here. I know some of it has been confirmed already, but I hope a lot of this makes it to retail at some point or another. I would love to have physical copies of... well... most of them.

Here's the full list and timecodes for the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-mFODSa2VM

00:10 - SteamWorld Dig 2
02:05 - What the Nindies Are All About
02:52 - Yooka-Laylee
04:09 - Overcooked!
04:49 - The Escapists 2
05:15 - Gonner
05:52 - Dandara
06:23 - Kingdom Two Crowns
06:45 - Runner 3
07:55 - Blaster Master Zero
08:44 - Flipping Death
09:59 - Nintendo Switch's HD Rumble Feature & Graceful Explosion Machine
10:38 - Mr. Shifty
11:06 - TumbleSeed
12:00 - Shakedown: Hawaii
13:29 - Pocket Rumble
14:23 - WarGroove
16:23 - Stardew Valley
17:00 - Looking Forward with Indie Games on Nintendo Switch

I"m glad I got a 200gb card for my Switch yesterday. Because there's at least a dozen games on that list that I KNOW I'm going to get. And possibly many more. I was grinning like an idiot during the Yooka-Laylee segment

StAidan

This presentation was ridiculously good. I was expecting some interesting stuff, but dang, I probably want more than half the (17?) games they showed.

Usually I restrict my digital purchases to PC only, but I might have to make an exception for Blaster Master, if nothing else. Since that one might or might never show up on PC.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Dig 2 art looks weird to me. I think I prefer the more pixelated look of the first.

Also that Advance Wars like Medieval game is a god send since Nintendo has shelved the series.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That advance wars game is *so* advance wars that surely they got some support/approval from Nintendo?

That and overcooked are probably my highlights, with honourable mention to Shakedown Hawaii

tkscz

C5xL0-FUYAAzsK3.jpg:large

Hell they should've made the direct an hour long and showed everything on the list. The new Toejam & Earl, Enter the Gungeon, Towerfall.

pswii60

Blaster Master 0 looks amazing but nothing else there that caught my eye. Also what a muppet... "twice the 'tude"?! Did he really say that!?

Calm Mind

I said goddamn.

Macstorm

Nice, thanks for that.

Here's a list of all the games from the video and the image: http://www.pocket-console.com/2017/02/upcoming-nindie-games.html

I was in and out during the direct, but that really seemed to deliver. And a lot of them were exclusive, no? At least timed / debuts? I'd always prioritized buying / playing indies on Steam, but with the portability of Switch as long as releases are day-and-date I may be shifting. Really cool. RUNNER3 HYPE!

Soph

There was no hype at all in this thread before the showcase, I didn't have any expectations whatsoever because of it.

But this... Wow Nintendo went for homerun after homerun. These are all 2017 titles, expecting a slur of titles like this in 2018.

Finally a company which doesn't lie about their exclusivity deals as well. Glad I'll get that Switch this friday. Nintendo won me back.

deadfolk

This is what I want. Seems like the perfect game for tabletop co-op.

On another subject - folks, please temper your expectations for this stream. I have the nasty feeling this is going to be underwhelming (I hope I'm wrong), and the last thing we need is more Switch negativity when everyone goes into meltdown.

Okay, I'm very pleased to admit I was wrong in this instance. I didn't expect much, if anything, in the way of new announcements, but this direct was full of great stuff.

That showcase completely delivered.

Yookah Laylee
Stardew Valley w multiplayer!!

Holy crap. One great looking game after another.

Well done, indies and Nintendo! You guys have certainly been busy to get that lineup firmed up.

Top Bottom