• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Switzerland-GAF |OT| If the Swedes can do something, so can we!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

Zurich to open drive-in sex boxes

The Telegraph said:
By Matthew Day

2:47PM GMT 28 Nov 2012

Zurich council has approved a plan to build the boxes, which will, it hopes, provide a discreet location for prostitutes and their clients to conduct business when they open in August next year.

Located in an industrial area of the city, the row of garage-like boxes will have roofs and walls for privacy, and easy access for cars. The council estimates that around 30 prostitutes will meet clients at the site of the boxes, and use the drive-in slots on a first-come-first-served basis.

"The big difference is that until now prostitution has been in the public space," Michael Herzig, from Zurich's social welfare department, told Swiss Radio. "Now we are going to change this, move it from the street to a private space in an old industrial area, which belongs to the city. This gives us the possibility to define the rules of prostitution in this area."

The opening of the sex boxes will coincide with a major reform of prostitution laws in the Swiss city. Prostitution will be outlawed in certain areas of Zurich where it has taken grip, and led to local complaints about women being harassed on the streets and the activities of pimps.

The prostitutes who use the sex boxes will also have to take out medical insurance and buy a £26 licence in order to ply their trade. On top of that they will also have to feed five Swiss francs, about £3.30, into a roadside ticket machine each night when they clock on.

Zurich and the prostitution. A business more serious than you thought.

3s316.jpg
in all seriousness, you can't stop it anyway, controlling it is the only "solution".

Kenka

It's a bit worrying to see so many Moldavian/Romanian girls who sometimes have a degree in political sciences, tourism or medieval history being prostitutes in Zurich because there is little to no perspective in their country. This girl I went to once spent an hour explaining how she dealt with the situation (away from family and friends, forging social contact with people from a different country and language, how to look hot even if you're disgusted by the looks of the guy riding you, etc.) They have balls of steel but it would be a much better trade if they could make a living passing their knowledge to their siblings back home rather than being banged by rich-wannabe guys from Wetzikon and Hamburg.

Which brings me to us being irrationally lucky:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502038

Kenka

News fell earlier last month but I thought it would be interesting to mention it nonetheless. At least, we are growing in some area:

Die Nintendo of Europe GmbH gab heute bekannt, dass sie am 1. April eine eigene Niederlassung im Großraum Zürich eröffnen wird. Diese wird künftig das Marketing und den Vertrieb sämtlicher Nintendo-Produkte in der Schweiz übernehmen und an die Zentrale von Nintendo Deutschland berichten. Damit endet zum 31. März die Zusammenarbeit mit der Waldmeier AG, die Nintendo bisher in der Schweiz vertreten hat.

„Nintendo hat lange und sehr gut mit der Firma Waldmeier zusammengearbeitet“, sagt Laurent Fischer, Managing Director Marketing & PR, Nintendo of Europe. „Sie hat in Marketing und Vertrieb der Nintendo-Produkte in der Schweiz über viele Jahre einen exzellenten Job gemacht. Dennoch haben wir entschieden, dass es an der Zeit ist, unseren Einsatz auf dem wachsenden Schweizer Markt zu verstärken. Daher ist es sinnvoll, in der Schweiz mit einem eigenen Team präsent zu sein

Dr. Bernd Fakesch, General Manager Nintendo Deutschland, sagt: „Die Eröffnung der Zweigstelle in der Schweiz zeigt, wie stark wir uns jetzt und in Zukunft auf diesem Markt engagieren wollen. Dank der Arbeit von Waldmeier während der letzten Jahre nehmen wir dort bereits eine starke Position ein. Darauf wollen wir nun aufbauen und die Schweiz zu einem unserer wichtigsten Wachstumsmärkte machen.“

„Waldmeier ist einer der ältesten Geschäftspartner von Nintendo in Europa“, ergänzt Alfred Wyss, Geschäftsführer der Waldmeier AG. „Wir sind extrem stolz darauf, über Jahrzehnte zum Wachstum der Marke Nintendo in der Schweiz beigetragen zu haben. Wir werden auch in den nächsten Monaten eng mit Nintendo zusammenarbeiten, um einen guten Start seiner Geschäfte hierzulande sicherzustellen. Wir wünschen Nintendo und seinem neuen Schweizer Team, das demnächst gebildet wird, viel Erfolg für die Zukunft.“
No word about the jobs. Well, if you want to apply, go ahead !

https://jobs.nintendo.de/main?fn=bm.ext.jobsview_engl

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
WTF? why does my iphone lack this language option?

It's only the region setting that you can switch, so it's just date and timestamps that change across iOS. Still I prefer seeing the days of the week in swiss german.

Einstellungen > Allgemein > Landeseinstellungen > Region Schweiz Schweizerdeutsch

iOS 6 and up only.

raindoc

It's only the region setting that you can switch, so it's just date and timestamps that change across iOS. Still I prefer seeing the days of the week in swiss german.

Einstellungen > Allgemein > Landeseinstellungen > Region Schweiz Schweizerdeutsch

iOS 6 and up only.

awesome!

merci vielmals!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So, Switzerland-GAF, I'll probably be passing through sometime within the next few months, depending on work.

What kind of clothes do I need to pack? How cold or windy can it get during the days and nights?

Plus, where's the beer at? :D

8bit

Knows the Score
So, Switzerland-GAF, I'll probably be passing through sometime within the next few months, depending on work.

What kind of clothes do I need to pack? How cold or windy can it get during the days and nights?

Plus, where's the beer at? :D

Depends where and when you're going.

Beer is readily available.

PS, bring all your money. Unless you're coming from Norway you're probably going to find it expensive.

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/ranking-the-worlds-priciest-cities-1210/tab/interactive/

Fistwell

Swiss French sounds super mild and awesome to my Spanish ears. I love it.

Edit: Damn, like a broken record.
It's almost identical to french french. After a cple of years, I've only met a few people whose accent was kind of strong and really, significantly different from regular french.
Some of these expressions though...

Also, hi Swiss GAF, posting from Lausanne.

cvxfreak

Spent two weeks in Bern in 1997 when I was 10 as part of my first real trip overseas/outside of the U.S. It's also where I rang in the 1998 New Year.

Don't remember Bern in too much detail unfortunately, but what I do remember:

- I remember a tram that took me to the center of the city, which was small but reasonably lively.

- There was a big toy store that sold N64 and PS1 games.

- There was a movie theater, which is where I watched Tomorrow Never Dies with three different languages for subtitles. Do Swiss theaters still have interludes in the middle of the film?

- Remember riding the Euro Railways to Paris in a first class train.

...and that's it. :( Need to go back sometime!

Kenka

CH-GAF, do you have any idea where I can buy some cheap(er) tofu ?

In Migros, they sell 250 g of this for Fr. 3.25
In Coop, 200 g of this for 3.80

Seems a bit pricy ! After I came back from Phuket, I wanted to go on with Eastern Asian food on a daily basis but I was a bit bummed by what some innocent tofu costs in here. Any advice ?

8bit

Knows the Score
CH-GAF, do you have any idea where I can buy some cheap(er) tofu ?

In Migros, they sell 250 g of this for Fr. 3.25
In Coop, 200 g of this for 3.80

Seems a bit pricy ! After I came back from Phuket, I wanted to go on with Eastern Asian food on a daily basis but I was a bit bummed by what some innocent tofu costs in here. Any advice ?

Where are you? If you're near a city there should be at least one Asian supermarket nearby, I bought some deep fried tofu at the weekend and it was about ~5 chf for ~600 g.

Kenka

Where are you? If you're near a city there should be at least one Asian supermarket nearby, I bought some deep fried tofu at the weekend and it was about ~5 chf for ~600 g.
Oh nice ! Nearest town in the area is Zofingen. 5 CHF for 600 g sounds like I don't have to look further, could you tell me where is the market you went to ?

Kenka

Come on son, if you are serious about taking on the Sweden thread we need to see some Swiss girls here
I very humbly think we cannot compete with the Swedes in that regard *cough*

Playing it safe and compare respective incomes/cheeses/international relevance are my weapons of choice. :p

Kenka

Those girls look nice until you check their birth years and realize how much of an old lich you are in comparison.

miss-schweiz-kandidatin-2013-letizia-rebozzi-181796.jpg

stn

As a person who REALLY admires Switzerland but has yet to go, have some questions:

I hear its very safe over there? Is it as lavish-looking as I think it is? Man, it seems like a wealthy haven that is somehow isolated away from the rest of the world, both politically and geographically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom