• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Remastered Demo Available June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evo X

12PM PT right as the Kickstarter campaign goes live. Available through Steam, GOG, and Humble.

You guys excited? I never played the original.

GFENcpdUoXBka9vkc6vBNB-650-80.jpg

hXCT2JuQBXoDx6igLG6DMB-650-80.jpg

x6TDXM7WDGgNVm8nW94vpB-650-80.jpg

7ZbxPQk6K4T9xdvDqMA3YC-650-80.jpg

Source: www.pcgamer.com/a-system-shock-remastered-demo-is-coming-next-week/

After starting the original a couple of times, far after its original release, but never getting far... I am SO on board with playing a remaster.

Dennis

Banned
All you BioShock kiddies need to support this Kickstarter so you can learn what a Shock game is supposed to be all about.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wow, I wouldn't have expected that. That's pretty damn cool.

Even without the demo, I'm pretty sure I'd want to kick some money their way.

Doomedfool

2 is probably my favorite game ever, but my one attempt at playing the first one didn't get very far because of how archaic the controls felt.

Looking forward to trying this one out.

That's awesome. I wonder if it still holds up now that the gfx and controls will be revised or my rose tinted nostalgia glasses played tricks on me. System Shock 1 was one of my favourite games ofthe 90's. I liked it even more then System Shock 2 back in the days.

Well that is a really good way of launching a kickstarter by letting us actually try it so soon. Will try it for sure and most likely back it

Zabojnik

Day -213942348.

Having played them frequently over the past 10-15 years, I know both System Shocks inside out, so I'm more excited for what Otherside will be able to come up for SS3. Still, this looks like a remaster done right. Pairing the KS with the demo is a brilliant idea.

Never played a ss game, but if its what bioshock is based on I'm all in. I've never donated to a kickstarter before but this'll probably be my 1st

Ohhh, fuck.

OHHHHHHH.

Is sex like this? I can't believe how gratifying it is reading this news.

Fuck me SS1 and 2 are amazing, can't believe SS3 is happening.

CHC

Loving the visual style. The tiling of the backgrounds and whacky colors totally capture that early 90s FPS feel from games like System Shock (obviously) or Marathon.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Never played a ss game, but if its what bioshock is based on I'm all in. I've never donated to a kickstarter before but this'll probably be my 1st

System Shock is basically Bioshock with sophistication. I don't mean that to disparage Bioshock, necessarily... I'm just sayin', System Shock has a hell of a lot more going on upstairs.

Parham

Banned
Small pet peeve of mine, but this should really be called a remake rather than a remaster. That aside, it looks promising.

jesu

Small pet peeve of mine, but this should really be called a remake rather than a remaster. That aside, it looks promising.

It's bad reporting, here is what they told Polygon

"We felt that the amount of passion and resources that we are putting into this game elevated it beyond the expectations that someone would have for a remaster," CEO Stephen Kick said. "This is a full-fledged reboot of a classic game into something new."

bruh, those screenshots are fantastic

I've always wanted to play the original but I have no nostalgia for it so it seems rough to dive into now

Yeah baby! I'm wondering how they'll handle the VR segments, hopefully they won't stray too much from the original formula, but it could certainly be made a bit more flashy, neon vectors and all that.

Here are the screenshots from their Facebook page (so their image compression has most certainly ruined the image quality somewhat), in higher res:

Yarbskoo

Yeah baby! I'm wondering how they'll handle the VR segments, hopefully they won't stray too much from the original formula, but it could certainly be made a bit more flashy, neon vectors and all that.

Here are the screenshots from their Facebook page (so their image compression has most certainly ruined the image quality somewhat), in higher res:

I hope most of the post processing can be turned off.

Regginator

Recently played and enjoyed System Shock 2, but the original felt incredibly dated and while the Enhanced Edition fixed one or two things, it still felt pretty damn dated. Needless to say, I'm so on board for this remake.

Instro

Screens look great. Getting a demo out for the KS is brilliant. Seems like they changed the design on the Mutant slightly compared to the trailer? Maybe it's just that screenshot.

Are they gonna do this with the second one as well? I really cant play the games for how clunky they look/feel.

Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom