• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabletop Simulator -play chess/cards/w/e with glorious HD1080p table flipping physics

Hooray steam release! Updated the OP. There's a bunch of new content coupled with the release, too. Get out there and get going, people.

Zeknurn

I highly recommend registering on the official forum and checking out the Community Custom Creations section. There's loads of known stuff.

plainr_

You bet your sweet ass it does, every single one.
8On2mh8.gif

lol. I love this gif.

Firehead

This game just keeps getting more and more amazing-like. Nexusmods has some amazing looking mods already. People have already made Catan, Netrunner, Magic, Munchkin and the MLP CCG in this. I cannot wait for them to add the ability for custom models and Steam Workshop.

We should get a tabletop simulator gamenight community group going or something.

This game just keeps getting more and more amazing-like. Nexusmods has some amazing looking mods already. People have already made Catan, Netrunner, Magic, Munchkin and the MLP CCG in this. I cannot wait for them to add the ability for custom models and Steam Workshop.

We should get a tabletop simulator gamenight community group going or something.

I'm down

Is there a way to turn off table flipping and anti-social behavior?

You can disable flipping in the host options menu, and if worse comes to worse griefing can be reversed with a built in revert option that saves the full table state every few seconds.

border

You can disable flipping in the host options menu, and if worse comes to worse griefing can be reversed with a built in revert option that saves the full table state every few seconds.

Would it be possible to go back to any previous table state? Or just the most recent?

If it actually works like a DVR for your game, that would be pretty cool. So many games end with the loser saying "Yeah well I would have beat you if you didn't get a lucky roll at this particular moment". It'd be kinda cool if you could rewind back through the game to a supposedly pivotal moment, and then replay it with a different outcome.

Would it be possible to go back to any previous table state? Or just the most recent?

If it actually works like a DVR for your game, that would be pretty cool. So many games end with the loser saying "Yeah well I would have beat you if you didn't get a lucky roll at this particular moment". It'd be kinda cool if you could rewind back through the game to a supposedly pivotal moment, and then replay it with a different outcome.

Yeah it saves multiple states and goes back pretty far. I don't think it'll go back to the beginning of like a 45-minute match, but it goes back enough for most practical purposes.

So while I think this is a cool project and I'll probably pick it up, I'm actually pretty disappointed with what I've read.

Asking on the Steam forums suggests that there is little to no scripting support for rules.

Even when I play with experienced euro-style board game players we sometimes make mistakes. Playing with inexperienced players, I don't mind babysitting their moves if we're sitting across from each other, but I don't want to have to babysit anonymous people online.

Without the ability to script rules into the game, I can't see this game being particularly attractive for euro-style board gamers. It'll be frustrating to play casually, and competitive play will never take off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I picked this up based on the mods out there and it looks like it'll be SUPER DOPE.

H2Yo

I have been messing around with this for a while now and have been trying to invent new games. Anyone have any cool ideas?

Are people still playing this? The amount of Workshop Content is insane, but I'm struggling to find people to try it with. Dunder has gone AWOL!

Are people still playing this? The amount of Workshop Content is insane, but I'm struggling to find people to try it with. Dunder has gone AWOL!

We tried to get a weekly thing going way back but couldn't get people to show up. I'd be down for giving it another shot though. The game has only gotten leaps and bounds better. I've been itching for another game of betrayal at the house on the hill.

Peltz

Just saw this for the first time.

Holy shit. What an awesome idea for a game. Imagine this with Wii Remote support!

We tried to get a weekly thing going way back but couldn't get people to show up. I'd be down for giving it another shot though. The game has only gotten leaps and bounds better. I've been itching for another game of betrayal at the house on the hill.

That'd be great, as that's one of the games I need to try and learn! Also, I can't believe how little attention this game seems to have attracted on GAF over the last 12 months. :\

Zeknurn

I'm always up for some Tabletop Simulator if someone is willing to host it and I'm sure we could get DunderHassan to join in as well.

Alright, I'm home from work and have a now free night, anyone up for a game of anything in TTS, either post here, send e a PM, or find me in the steam group and send me a steam chat message (I won't post my profile here directly to mitigate spam).

EDIT: server info is in this quoted post

Learned/played/galumphed through a rousing game of King of Tokyo with our group of 6PSYCHICPROBE group of ♥ (PISS). A splendid time was had by all.

Gonna try to make an effort to get a regular game night(s) going (again XD), but for impromptu sessions I'll be posting events in the TTGAF Steam group as well announcements for planned nights in the future. I'll try to remember to post them here as well but as always Steam is generally a bit more convenient as you'll get automated reminders and announcements. As for specific games to play on given nights, I'm open for suggestions as long as it's something fairly easy to learn and something that can accommodate a group of 4-8.

I saw the invite this morning when I woke up, but understandably I think most of the times you guys play will be when I'm asleep! Looks like a fun game though.

Li Kao

I'm torn, I really want to join you guys on this game, but I don't speak English, well to put it simply let's say I have two left hears (my version of a saying from where I am).
So is there a text chat ? Would it be a minimum doable that way or should I forget it ?

I'm torn, I really want to join you guys on this game, but I don't speak English, well to put it simply let's say I have two left hears (my version of a saying from where I am).
So is there a text chat ? Would it be a minimum doable that way or should I forget it ?

Yeah there's a text chat. Granted, I think a lot of people here will still end up using voice chat, but you're certainly welcome to try.

Xater

We have people who play this regularly? I need to get in on this. Love board games and being able to play them with this is pretty great.

I saw the invite this morning when I woke up, but understandably I think most of the times you guys play will be when I'm asleep! Looks like a fun game though.

We are almost in the same timezone. We can start something.

What kind of games do you usually play? I'm looking to pick this up in the Summer Sale to play things like Catan and Risk, if possible.

Yeah a eurozone group would definitely be a good idea. If someone wants to take up the mantle we could appoint a mod for the Steam group too to post events in that timezone.

Xater

What kind of games do you usually play? I'm looking to pick this up in the Summer Sale to play things like Catan and Risk, if possible.

I ma willing to play anything I'd also play in real life. Currently my subscription list looks like this (I actually have played a lot of these before irl):

Agricola
Chinatown
Concordia
Coup
Crokinole
El Grande
Forbidden Desert
Flash Point
Hive
King of Toyko
Letters from Whitechapel
Linko