• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tabletop Simulator -play chess/cards/w/e with glorious HD1080p table flipping physics

Game Night 2, Revenge of the Game Night - Friday, May 15 at 7PM CST

t1431734400z2.png

Another rousing night of TTS with your bestest buddies. As last time, we don't have a predetermined game picked but open to suggestions for stuff that is easy to learn and can accomodate groups of 4 or more.

TTSGAF Game night starts in an hour! Get yourself in gear people, because it's first come first serve, though if we get enough we can always get someone to start a second room.

In regards to the game, King Of Tokyo sounds like it might be good to start with again since most will probably know it this time. Betrayal is super quick to pick up though, like over half the game is explained and takes place on the cards themselves anyway.

EDIT: which reminds me, we might wanna use teamspeak again in case the in-game chat is borked like it was last time. I'll post the info in email tags here if/when it comes to that.

Well the game server is up but we don't seem to have a ton of people coming in. I'll keep the server open another 15 minutes or so but otherwise I might just call this one. Quote for info

EDIT: Seems an update came out while I was in-game, gonna download and rehost as maybe that was the issue with people joining

iosefe

Back in the day I never actually got to play this game. I'd be very much into finally playing it.

it will be quite the nostalgia trip for me.

anyway, as a reminder, here is our planned game for this friday: Betrayal at the House on the Hill

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261027555

if you open it up, there is a link to the instruction booklet it comes in 3 parts, general rules, and more specific stuff you wont need to read. just read the basic rules and you'll be fine

The bump reminded me to post the event for the next game night, this coming Friday at the usual 7:00PM CDT.

t1432339200z2.png

We're gonna try to do Betrayal at the House on the Hill so long as we get enough players, but we can always fall back on something like King of Tokyo or Munchkin if it's just a smaller group.

Also also in case anyone missed it: Tabletop Simulator is leaving Steam Early Access on June 5 and they've announced their first official board game DLC with Superfight! I've been thinking about making a new more readable maybe slightly less goofy OT, especially since most of the OP is over a year old and outdated.

Sadly 7PM CDT does not work well for me. That is 2 AM for me.

Sorry, I think we might try like midday next Saturday for our overseas folks for the next one, so hopefully you might be able to make it.

Also just a heads up, I'm gonna be running a little late tonight, so I might be coming in closer to 800ish instead. Someone else feel free to host the room if you guys wanna start earlier, just make sure you post the info here in the thread.

I picked this up during the Humble Sale last weekend so I'm up for some games. I have a wedding this weekend so I won't be able to join in this week but hopefully I'll be able to join in soon.

JSR_Cube

Hey, new to TTS and I have some questions. Are subscriptions stored on the Steam server? What if it gets removed? Do I lose access to it? I have noticed other mod sites are out there and do they allow you to download files for you to save locally? Thanks in advance if you can help me out. I am just trying to get friends to get it and they are worried about games being removed in the future.

Will anyone be playing this weekend? I'm keen to give this a go with Catan but I'm happy to try other games that people want to play. I could make 7PM CDT (which, if my calculations are correct, should be 12AM in the UK) or we can try times on Saturday if more people are interested.

Deadstar

I'm not sure if it's best to bump this thread or create a new one but the game is now on sale along with official Cosmic Encounter DLC. For anyone wondering what this game is, it's not a joke game. It's a physics simulation that allows you to play a ton of board and card games online. The interface can definitely improved, but as of today it's incredibly fun and works well enough to play various games.

I decided to check it out when they recently announced the official Cosmic Encounter dlc, as that is one of my favorite games. After installing and looking around I was just blown away with how good this game looks and runs. I'm going to be hosting regular Cosmic Encounter games so I hope at some point we can get a big enough community of players so that we can always have a full game. I played my first full game of Cosmic online yesterday and it was a fantastic experience. There are a few minor bugs but generally it plays well and is not cumbersome at all to control the pieces.

I'd be willing to teach the game as well if anyone is interested. Tabletop Simulator truly is one of my favorite games now and I hope this can be a gateway into board games for people who aren't familiar with them. My goal is to get more people playing and I think this "game" is a good way to get people involved in the hobby. I give this game my highest recommendation.

elyetis

Cosmic Encounter DLC.
I must say I'm really tempted to buy it since they did the right choice of making it needed by the host only.

Tabletop Simulator became what I played the most during the past weekends ( even if I had it since it's release ), it allow my brother and I ( and some friends ) to play together even thought we aren't living in the same country anymore.
Not every games are perfect to play like that, and sure it's not exactly like playing around the same table, but playing Marvel legendary, Betrayal at House on the Hill and Pandemic has been huge fun.

It's also incredible to play test some game before choosing to buy one, I'll try Mice & Mystics this weekend before making the decision to buy it for my holidays in two weeks.

I know VR support is on their roadmap and I hope it won't change, Tabletop Simulator seems like a perfect fit for VR + motion control.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
This game is absolutely amazing. And on sale.

Just playing board/card games with a group of friends. We have an iPad in the center where we each take turns loading songs. Perfect game to chill in.

AcridMeat

Banned
I picked this up during the sale with a handful of friends who all live in different areas and it's been one of the smartest purchases ever. Just so much fun going through games together.

Tried a bunch of new games I've wanted to play before but never had the chance to like Lords of Waterdeep, Smash Up, Elder Sign.

Would love to add more people who are up for game nights as well!

Top Bottom