• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell testing Biscuit Tacos in Southern California

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.foodbeast.com/2014/09/04/biscuit-taco-taco-bell-test/

The ubiquity of Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Taco has done some weird shit to Taco Bell’s innovation team — they are now testing a Biscuit Taco.

Yes, a taco made entirely of biscuit. Or, a biscuit…in the shape of a taco shell — if you will.

Taco Bell seems to have a new eery confidence, a sense of innovation rivaled only by a 4-year old with a cooking license. We were invited out to Taco Bell’s test kitchen today to catch a look at some of their new items coming out this year. From what we saw, the brand continues to put a major emphasis on innovating their breakfast menu.

Their new Biscuit Taco touts a “warm, flakey, golden brown biscuit that happens to be shaped in the form of a taco.”

Here’s a quick list of all the ways you can get the Biscuit Taco:

• Sausage, Egg and Cheese
  • Bacon, Egg, and Cheese
  • Sausage and Cheese
  • Egg and Cheese
  • Sausage and Gravy

Ki4rhnH.jpg

Gr9WS0U.jpg

dKSrxcw.jpg

zu7tPJJ.jpg

Seen above is one of seven new variations they’re testing, Chicken with jalapeno honey sauce.

The jalapeno honey sauce and gravy sauces are available for pairing with any of the 7 taco styles you choose.

Taco Bell mentioned to us that the biscuit taco went through a test in San Antonio, TX and Atlanta, GA, markets they desperately seek the approval of.

The taco is currently in testing in Orange County and Los Angeles areas for another week, so if you want to get your paws on them and judge for yourself, here’s where you can do it:

Brea (303 West Imperial Highway)
Fullerton (131 E. Orangethrope Ave.; 3000 Yorba Linda Blvd.)
La Mirada (15006 La Mirada Blvd.)
Santa Fe Springs (10551 Carmenita Rd).

terrisus

Here’s a quick list of all the ways you can get the Biscuit Taco:

Sausage, Egg and Cheese
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese
Sausage and Cheese
Egg and Cheese
Sausage and Gravy

So, nothing good then =(

It seems that Taco Bell didn't like Jack in the Box trying to take their Stoner demographic and are now doubling down on them.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I will never understand breakfast fast food. But in general I am pro tacobell.

terrisus

I will never understand breakfast fast food.

Agreed. Aside for when my parents would taken me out before the first day of school for breakfast, I can probably count the amount of times that I purposely "went out for breakfast" on one hand.

Lijik

I usually try whatever new thing Taco Bell has, but Im gonna pass on this. TBs got the worst breakfast in the fast food game, swapping out their weird fake waffle with a bland biscuit wont change that.

I usually try whatever new thing Taco Bell has, but Im gonna pass on this. TBs got the worst breakfast in the fast food game, swapping out their weird fake waffle with a bland biscuit wont change that.
Yep. Breakfast has really been a disaster. They are really on their heels with virtually no traffic in those morning hours. The Waffle taco should've been their premiere item but it's a sterile disaster. Needs flavor, any kind of flavor. Through some cinammon sugar on there from Carmel Apple Empanada.....

Degen

the waffle tacos suck! they are SO BAD

but a true man does not judge his lover for the flaws you feel me

i'll give your stupid artery-clogging breakfast another shot taco bell <3

WorldStar

Banned
Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Atlantis

Yep. Breakfast has really been a disaster. They are really on their heels with virtually no traffic in those morning hours. The Waffle taco should've been their premiere item but it's a sterile disaster. Needs flavor, any kind of flavor. Through some cinammon sugar on there from Carmel Apple Empanada.....

Hah, funny you'd mention that. If I wanted something sweet in the morning, I'd cut the waffles into strips and fry them, then sprinkle them with a bit of the cinnamon sugar we used for the Cinnabon Delights.

Dip 'em in syrup and you've got pseudo French Toast Sticks!

Apt101

I've put worse things in tacos trying out new stuff. Spanish style rice, canned tuna, and cheddar with a roasted red pepper sauce came out smelling exactly the same as it did going in. The three or four shots of rum probably didn't help matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom