• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to bring their fried chicken taco shell nationwide in late January

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acinixys

I'm always a fan of replacing things with fried chicken. Still doesn't beat the KFC Double Down though.

635578715458371905-AP-KFC-Double-Down.jpg

Wow the USA double down gets actual bacon?

Im so salty. Here we just get this shitty ham thats smoke "flavored" and tastes like ballsack

Pein

Banned
Tried it, after the gym no less lol. It was pretty good but it's seriously just a good chicken sandwich without a bun. I'd rather just get a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's.

Tried it, after the gym no less lol. It was pretty good but it's seriously just a good chicken sandwich without a bun. I'd rather just get a spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's.

Those are the best.

I meant to try this taco and they were already sold out :(

Negaduck

Had two so far. It shouldn't be as good as it is but dammit. . . I really like it.

Might try the nacho cheese trick but I'm actually a fan of the current sauce. A little hot sauce on top really kicks it imo.

Had two so far. It shouldn't be as good as it is but dammit. . . I really like it.

Might try the nacho cheese trick but I'm actually a fan of the current sauce. A little hot sauce on top really kicks it imo.

Yeah that sauce makes the whole thing in my opinion. I'm glad they got it back. Now I can toss it on other stuff again (it goes great on their chicken soft tacos). I hope they keep this on the menu.

smisk

Went to Taco Bell for the first time in months to try one of these. It was quite good, but I didn't realize they got rid of green sauce :(
Working late today, and I'm tempted to get another one on my way home...

Tried it today. It's ok. Kinda tastes like a bunch of veggies wrapped in a giant chicken nugget. I'd much rather have a normal chalupa.

I tried a couple, tasted pretty good, but I didn't really like the way they smelled. I also had spicy ranch on it instead of avocado ranch, which might have been a mistake because they put a ton of it on there. Might get nacho cheese instead if I get it again.

I just had it for dinner. The $5 box pushed me over the edge.

It was pretty good. Had a bigger kick than expected, which of course doesn't mean much. It was enough meat by itself that I was fine with the veggie filling.

I will also say the Doritos Loco taco felt much improved.

Those saying they would rather have a normal Chalupa have a good case. While the naked chicken chalupa is good, the normal chalupa shell is tough to beat. I've had 6 or 8 (alcohol - memory) and have enjoyed every one. But that chalupa shell is magic. I'm toying with the idea of ADDING the chalupa shell to the outside of the naked chicken chalupa. I've worked at Taco Bell in a past life and know of a store that enjoys creating chaos. Naked chicken chalupa, plus
Chalupa shell and nacho cheese, with 2 diablo sauces sounds like a winning combo. Maybe bacon too. I don't know yet.

Foxxsoxx

So I've gotten 4 in total.

Two were great, ace on point literally perfect.

One was hard and sad and I cried for a few hours.

The last one I got was kind of burnt and about half the size of the other 3 I got. I also got a cheesy Gordita crunch with that and the soft shell which was basically raw so maybe my Taco Bell just blows.

It's like gambling... When it's good it's good but when it's bad it's baaaaaaaaddd.

All of you keep talking about Wendy's Chicken Sandwich or Chik-fil-a, but both of them pale so badly in comparison to Singapore McDonald's Chicken McSpicy.

A lot of countries have the McSpicy, but Singapore does it the best by far. I don't think there's any comparison to it in terms of a truly spicy and juicy Chicken sandwiches anywhere in the US.

Taco Bell discontinues everything I actually like.

This is my fault, I guess. The Chicken fiesta burrito still hurts all these years later.

vadernooooo.gif

I love these. I asked my daughter if she wanted to get them for lunch today, and was sad when she said no, but then I remembered I still had one left over from a last-night snack. I'm surprised if they aren't doing well; I see a line of cars in the drive-thru that wasn't typical before these arrived.

Kusagari

What the fuck is wrong with Taco Bell?

First the double stack tacos and now this?

Two awesome items, one after the other, discontinued quick as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom