• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to bring their fried chicken taco shell nationwide in late January

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a freaking line out the door of the Taco Bell Cantina near my office when I was walking by around lunch. Everyone wants this thing it seems. Maybe I should have taken a pic and tweeted it out.

To be fair, one of the other nearby taquerias has that same sort of line everyday for lunch. We'll see how long the Taco Bell lunch line stays a thing.

What's rather amusing to me is, around this time last year Taco Bell was supremely hyping their new quesolupa concept. They even gave it a super bowl commercial, and just 2 short months later it was off the market. A total flop.

This nake chicken taco wasn't nearly as hyped. I even went to the taco bell website the night before its release and there was no sign of its existence. I doubt TB thought this item would go over well, but I can almost guarantee everyone it will be way more successful than the quesolupa. TB put their eggs in the wrong basket last year

Ashhong

What's rather amusing to me is, around this time last year Taco Bell was supremely hyping their new quesolupa concept. They even gave it a super bowl commercial, and just 2 short months later it was off the market. A total flop.

This nake chicken taco wasn't nearly as hyped. I even went to the taco bell website the night before its release and there was no sign of its existence. I doubt TB thought this item would go over well, but I can almost guarantee everyone it will be way more successful than the quesolupa. TB put their eggs in the wrong basket last year

The quesalupa failed because it was too hard to cook imo. Some places heated it up just right and others made the cheese just a big blob. I know the company that came up with the idea and TB changed the cheese recipe to make it more manufacturable but basically ruined it.

I would have loved that thing like it was my own child.

The quesalupa failed because it was too hard to cook imo. Some places heated it up just right and others made the cheese just a big blob. I know the company that came up with the idea and TB changed the cheese recipe to make it more manufacturable but basically ruined it.

I would have loved that thing like it was my own child.

huh. I just assumed TB came up with it on their own in their test kitchen. Didn't know they bought product ideas.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Taco Bell's advertising game has been on point the last few years. People seem to get genuinely excited about new food items. Moreso than any other fast food chain.

Haven't tried it yet but looking forward to.

FinKL

Taco Bell's advertising game has been on point the last few years. People seem to get genuinely excited about new food items. Moreso than any other fast food chain.

Haven't tried it yet but looking forward to.
Well it helps when you are one of the only fast food chains debuting over the top food items vs something like McDonalds all day breakfast come on son

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Well it helps when you are one of the only fast food chains debuting over the top food items vs something like McDonalds all day breakfast come on son

Jack in the Box seems to do a pretty good job with their new items/combos. The Munchie Meal is one of my favs and is good bang for your buck.

Taco Bell is on another level though with their Happier Hour, Doritos Locos and now this fried chicken taco.

FinKL

Jack in the Box seems to do a pretty good job with their new items/combos. The Munchie Meal is one of my favs and is good bang for your buck.

Taco Bell is on another level though with their Happier Hour, Doritos Locos and now this fried chicken taco.
Jack in the crack is up there too! Garlic Fries, Panko Onion Rings, and their munchies meal is the ultimate Idgaf about my health but oh so good

Paskil

Not impressed. Added bacon, onion, and jalapeno. Too much filling for something too small. Value proposition seems off for the item size vs. price, kind of like how I feel getting a beef meximelt. I'll stick to practically anything else, or, just a regular beef chalupa (-sour cream +spicy ranch).

Tried it and had it filled with more chicken. It was good. Tricon know how to replace bread with chicken quite well first the double down, now naked chicken 9/10.

Ashhong

Not impressed. Added bacon, onion, and jalapeno. Too much filling for something too small. Value proposition seems off for the item size vs. price, kind of like how I feel getting a beef meximelt. I'll stick to practically anything else, or, just a regular beef chalupa (-sour cream +spicy ranch).

You added 3 ingredients and are complaining there's too much filling lol

Oops double post

geomon

I just had a thought but has anybody bought 2 of these, one with no filling, and a side of nachos? You take the plain chicken shell, fill it with nacho cheese and then put the regular chicken chalupa inside the nacho cheese filled chicken shell.

I'd try it but I want to live into my 80's. Anyone willing to do this and post about it?

Had one last night...sooooo good. I removed the lettuce and tomato and added steak and the Jalapeno sauce....fucking delicious. Will get again before it goes away.

I got two. They were actually pretty good, but then I suffered from diarrhea and stomach cramps for two days after. First time that's ever happened to me at Taco Bell despite all the memes.

daffy

Banned
I got two. They were actually pretty good, but then I suffered from diarrhea and stomach cramps for two days after. First time that's ever happened to me at Taco Bell despite all the memes.
two days after? So you scrolled back through your diet history 48hrs and decided taco bell was the culprit?

eo0xmP.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom