• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to bring their fried chicken taco shell nationwide in late January

Status
Not open for further replies.

neshcom

Banned
Got a couple and they were great. It's a lot of meat for $3 and the sauce is nice. It actually reminded me a lot of the ranch chicken sandwiches from BK or Wendy's. Without the grease from ground beef, the lettuce tastes a lot better too.

HeySeuss

Tried one and wasn't impressed. The chicken shell was soggy and the sauce was kinda meh. I'll give it another shot in case I got a bad one tho.

Ashhong

Tried one and wasn't impressed. The chicken shell was soggy and the sauce was kinda meh. I'll give it another shot in case I got a bad one tho.

Iirc the shell isnt exactly hard and fried. It's supposed to be like a breaded chicken sandwich so it's a bit soggy. I need another one to remember

Bought 2 when they came out, finished them and thought they were decent but I probably wouldn't get them again. I still prefer just getting the doritos cool ranch tacos :3

Falchion

I had one last night and it was really good. Only problem is that I only wanted it with lettuce and cheese to it wasn't filled with that much, but the chicken itself was delicious and had a nice spice to it. If it wasn't $3, I'd be getting these all the time.

I'm surprised to say this, but it was actually pretty tasty. I was also quite drunk while eating it, but I think that's the point of this thing.

Got it yesterday, not bad but not worth three bucks on its own. Would probably go for it again if it was in a box with stuff I actually liked.

Didn't realise this was part of their $5 box deal. Rarely buy taco bell but only because there isnt one near me. I love taco bell, they arent like... real tacos of course, theyre their own food item and I enjoy American and Mexican tacos!

Lol that being pointlessly said, I got this in their $5 box and this plus 2 tacos and a drink wasnt too bad for $5. I added ground beef but that may have been too much. I'll try again standard later today.

A_Dang

We got these in my office for lunch today. 3 out of 3 would buy again (myself included), and the only complaint someone had was that it was too spicy for them (it isn't that spicy, they are just sensitive to spicy things).

As an office we do tend to be pro-Taco Bell to begin with, so take with a grain of salt.

Yeah I had one. Honestly it isn't half bad. It doesn't even have that much on the inside, just sliced tomatoes cheese and I think lettuce.

Much less disgusting than the doritos locos tacos

bigkrev

I've had it twice now- I really like it. I kinda want to try customizing it a bit (adding Pico de Gallo instead of tomatoes), but once you get past the ridiculousness of the concept, it's a good amount of meat and the form factor works

They killed the glorious $1 double stacked tacos for this. :(

They have to bring these back, but probably at a higher price point. I think they underestimated how popular these would be, as my Taco Bell sold out of all but the Nacho one a week earlier than they should have

Kusagari

I really enjoyed it the first time I got it then got it again yesterday and something tasted off about the chicken shell this time.

Probably another Taco Bell item where they have to make it right for it to taste good.

Tried this the other night expecting it to be disgusting but was pleasantly surprised, the chicken shell wasn't greasy at all, and the lettuce and tomatos actually seemed somewhat fresh and crispy. Which here in Alaska, getting good produce is hard even in a grocery store, let alone fast food

ReAxion

got one yesterday in anticipation of yesterday's Doughboys podcast. it's mostly what i expected with regards to biting through a thing instead of into a thing. good amount of spice by itself. good, but not sure if i'll eat it again.

bring back the double stacked tacos and i'll buy three, tho.

mine doesn't have beef in it, am i ordering the wrong thing

no, but you can ask for it.

Poppy

thats kind of like chicken fries at BK. i have heard people say they suck and are leather but i have gotten them cooked properly and they are like crack

Broank

I didn't like it, balance just seemed off. Got it thinking it was just a chalupa with chicken so was kinda surprised by the shell itself being like a big bland chicken nugget and not much goodness in the middle.

It's not bad, I just think it's too small for its price.

Yeah, I agree. The commercial made it look a lot bigger than it actually was.

Taste-wise it is great, though. Has a good fried chicken taste and the sauce is the bomb diggity. Double up if you have an appetite, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom