• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell to bring their fried chicken taco shell nationwide in late January

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just had a couple. And they're pretty good! The sauce is good, they weren't tough or overly greasy, and the chicken had a nice spice to it.

I'd lose the lettuce, add more cheese, and fill it with meat product for a true cholesterol monster. But they're fine stock. 7/5, would eat again.

Not gonna lie I'm kind of disappointed that there isn't any beef inside the actual chalupa itself. Having just veggies and stuff in the shell doesn't seem right.

Everytime you take a bite, you get chicken meat though unlike when all of the meat is at the bottom and the top is just veggies and stuff.

New002

Naked chicken Chalupa was legitimately good. Used the app to order a custom Naked Chicken Chalupa Box. Naked Chicken Chalupa + 2 Fiery Doritos Tacos + Med drink for $5. 780 calories for all that. Insane. The Naked Chicken Chalupa was nicely spiced and had a kick to it.

FyreWulff

Tried one. I was surprised the chicken patty had a littttle bit of a kick to it. It was cooked perfectly (not underdone, not dried out). Got it as the box.

zer0das

Banned
I had one and it's pretty good, but I don't really think it is filling enough to justify purchasing it. I feel like I would have to eat 3 to be reasonably filled and lawd that's a lot of calories.

It's amazing.

I hope it never leaves.

Best Taco Bell menu item in a long time.

Also, it was smaller than I was expecting, but the flavor of the avocado ranch with the meat and veggies was way better that I was expecting. Thanks Taco Bell.

Ketch

So I ordered this without knowing what it was. I saw naked chicken on the menu and I thought it would be a healthier option. I am so stupid in so many ways.

But it tasted great

geomon

Went out and got the $5 box today. I have to say, it was pretty good. A bit on the small side though. I think paying $3 for it on its own is a ripoff, get the $5 box instead. And go in the afternoon or whenever it's busy so you can get one fresh. Trust me, you don't want to eat this shit when it's cold or stale.

I like it just fine without any meat in the middle tbh

Went out and got the $5 box today. I have to say, it was pretty good. A bit on the small side though. I think paying $3 for it on its own is a ripoff, get the $5 box instead. And go in the afternoon or whenever it's busy so you can get one fresh. Trust me, you don't want to eat this shit when it's cold or stale.

Ya I did the same. I love the tacos so it's a good deal for me, but holy shit if you undercook or overcook this thing it's gonna be WACK

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is the best product Taco Bell has ever launched. The columnist who wrote that any Taco truck could sell this for 10-12 bucks is right on the money. Just switch the cheese out for something better than pre shredded fast food cardboard cheddar, swap the iceberg with artisianal greens, and called it an avacado crema instead.

I will say this though; there is absolutely no way this product makes it out of this run. Taco Bell isn't like a lot of fast food places in that they don't rely on the deep fat fryer for most of their products and almost everything that they do with it needs to be cooked to order, which slows down the production line. I had to wait ten minutes for mine today, and they were pipping hot and fresh, hot enough to melt said cardboard cheddar into something pleasant.

Taco Bell has done other decent things in the last few years with their fryer, mainly the chickstar which was a crunchwrap made with a similar spicy chicken patty and the rolled chicken tacos. Neither lasted, though they did bring back the Rolled Chicken tacos for a few weeks this year because those are mainly set and forget type of food.

Just finished one 5 minutes ago. Gotta give it to Taco Bell for this chicken. It's pretty damn good and has the perfect amount of spicyness to it. Reminded me of Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich. Added beef to mine since I thought the chicken wouldn't be enough but they both work well together.

32182830960_b3e9aa7dcd_c.jpg

ShowDog

Got the $5 box. Naked chalupa was bomb, as was the Baja Blast. Took a year off my life, and I enjoyed it, but I miss having all that damn nacho cheese from the other $5 box. Not sure where that leaves me. I can't handle both.

- J - D -

This thing was tiny. Tasty, but not so tasty that I'd come back to it at its current price. I mean, you're paying for what is essentially a chicken sandwich from any fastfood burger chain, minus the buns, folded over.

It's a better deal as part of the $5 box though.

Vengrim

So how long till they dust the chicken with nacho cheese or ranch and they come out with the Doritos Locos Naked Chalupa?

This thing was tiny. Tasty, but not so tasty that I'd come back to it at its current price. I mean, you're paying for what is essentially a chicken sandwich from any fastfood burger chain, minus the buns, folded over.

i dunno the chicken in the chalupa tasted better than i remember for that cheap wendys one, at least

i got the $5 box today, it's kinda a good deal even if i was only drinking water... but the other two tacos were kinda just big ol MEH's

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
There was a freaking line out the door of the Taco Bell Cantina near my office when I was walking by around lunch. Everyone wants this thing it seems. Maybe I should have taken a pic and tweeted it out.

To be fair, one of the other nearby taquerias has that same sort of line everyday for lunch. We'll see how long the Taco Bell lunch line stays a thing.

x-Lundz-x

Just finished one 5 minutes ago. Gotta give it to Taco Bell for this chicken. It's pretty damn good and has the perfect amount of spicyness to it. Reminded me of Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich. Added beef to mine since I thought the chicken wouldn't be enough but they both work well together.

This looks terrible and amazing at the same time.

Nowise10

Got the box tonight, was pretty dang good, and I don't enjoy taco bell that much. Was like a chicken sandwich, but in the shape of a taco. And whatever sauce/spices are on it, gave it a decent spice kick.

Had one in the box today for lunch. Its a great new item but one of the best things about this naked chicken taco is that for once, its not just a new TB item that is a rearrangement of their usual 5 ingredients. The chicken shell patty as an ingredient is original for them, and its delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom