• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell's waffle taco is dead, replaced by biscuit taco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot damn! These were delicious!

i7FZAvn0yrvMX.jpg

Got one with the Jalapeno Honey, and one with the gravy, and they were both superb. Biscuit is clearly from the KFC biscuits, and chicken tastes straight from KFC, as well.

10/10, will eat again, but won't give me sharp knees.

Copying for the new page. Y'all should get in on this.

Got one with the Jalapeno Honey, and one with the gravy, and they were both superb. Biscuit is clearly from the KFC biscuits, and chicken tastes straight from KFC, as well.

No picture has even made me want to eat vegetables more in my life.

idlewild_

Tried the jalepeno honey one. Wasn't very good, won't bother trying any of the other flavors either, the crispy chicken itself is really small/thin, mostly breading.

Biscuits rule, scones drool.
Bad infographic is bad.

Scones in no way have to be sweet in and of themselves and can be made with buttermilk. Buttermilk scones are fantastic.

However, I'm an ex Brit and the southern style biscuit may look like a scone but it isn't anything like a scone. Completely different flavor and texture thanks to bicarbonate of soda being the rising agent and much higher fat content.

You would never mistake the two by taste. Never.

Fried chicken and biscuits go together brilliantly. I would never pair a biscuit with clotted cream, any more than I would pair a scone with chicken.

And clotted cream... Trust me when I say you Yankees are really missing out there.

And I will be getting one of these biscuit taco things from taco bell.

I had the chicken and gravy one this morning

It was good. Basically just a chicken finger in a taco shaped biscuit. The gravy comes in a dipping cup, despite the picture. They give you way too much of it. It's also surprisingly spicy.

Are these only for breakfast?

sonto340

I see the food snobs are in full effect in this thread.

It's not bad.
Biscuits are dough. Dough can be shaped. guys come on.

Fox Mulder

it felt weird going to taco bell for breakfast the one time i did for the waffle taco thing, and it was bleh. If they just use KFC ingredients for this, might try it since a taco bell is right across my street.

As is consistent with any new ingredient TB introduces, they utilize that ingredient in at least 6 other entrees. Right now I'm eating that fried chicken in a chipotle crunchwrap and its rather good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom