• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two CEO says Red Dead Redemption is a franchise, like he has been for years

Fjordson

The next Red Dead will come to PC. They've had to hear about the first one skipping PC so much these past few years, I don't think they'll let it happen again.

Damian.

Banned
Do a RDR Duo pack for the PC! I want to go back through the original, but it's been too long and I think the experience would be ruined by the aging tech.

Skab

Hmm. Wonder if they would make a RDR 2, or if it would be a Red Dead 3/something else that starts with an R?

Sentenza

B7CBF85420443754BB6FD634FE38F.gif
This gif creeps me out every single time.

KorrZ

Hopefully they're already a few years into development on it at this point. I want Red Dead 2 by 2015 at least. It being their 2014 big next gen release would be ideal though...

A man can dream.

GlamFM

Banned
Hopefully they're already a few years into development on it at this point. I want Red Dead 2 by 2015 at least. It being their 2014 big next gen release would be ideal though...

A man can dream.

2014 is the year of the next-gen version of GTA V - believe ;)

clockpunk

Brilliant! ^_^

A city built up in the style of GTA IV, along with LA Noire/Amazing Spider-Man scenes to search for clues/interviews in which to piece together stories/events... the accuracy of which determined hit rate for the publication (and perhaps even law suits if things went wrong)... oh, if only...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Brilliant! ^_^

A city built up in the style of GTA IV, along with LA Noire/Amazing Spider-Man scenes to search for clues/interviews in which to piece together stories/events... the accuracy of which determined hit rate for the publication (and perhaps even law suits if things went wrong)... oh, if only...

Sounds perfect! Can we have the Bowel Disruptor, pleeeeease?

I prefer "Intestinal Malestrom" myself, Spider, but whatever.

Although, thinking about it, such a weapon would start to push this into Saint's Row territory.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Good to hear.. hopefully late 2014 or early 2015 would be great.

That's when I'll be ready for it again.

Loved RDR, but I was completely done with it when I was done.

Romez

They should do a prequel, playing as young John about 20 years before the first game before you had a wife and child, maybe you meet her on a mission back when she was a prostitute. Also have you robbing banks and trains when you were back with Dutch and the gang.

Plus i doubt anyone wants to play as
Jack
again.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
"Outside of our business you can look at James Bond, for example. And it's been our goal not just to preserve and grow the Grand Theft Auto franchise, but also to build other franchises that we think can be permanent, whether that's the Red Dead franchise or the Borderlands franchise or the BioShock franchise or others, Civilization, for example."

God damn, you know, Take Two owns a ton of fantastic game IP's. I always seem to forget how much they control. They also have the 2k sports franchises which are usually significantly better than the EA sports titles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
James Bond?
Man, wouldn't it be cool if they made a secret agent game? Like maybe exclusive to a Sony platform or something.

bengraven

First I think they should make the HD edition of RDR1 on XboxOne with graphical improvements and new missions
because that's the only chance we have that RDR will come to PCs, much like what happened with Riddick and Bully

RDR 2 and Bully 2 are coming to PC.

Book it, friends.

This. They won't do it to us again.

Top Bottom