• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales announcement next Tuesday

ethelred

reminder said:
http://tokyo.cool.ne.jp/lovelacus/cvtyb.jpg

3 Tales of for PSP
1 Tales of for PS2
1 Tales of for DS

That's what I see in this pic.

Namco's going all out on the PSP RPG love. They're really banking on Eternia's sales not being a launch window fluke.

cvxfreak

So Tales of the Tempest on 8/24, the same as FFIII and Phantasia Voice Edition around 2-3 weeks after?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

cvxfreak said:
So Tales of the Tempest on 8/24, the same as FFIII and Phantasia Voice Edition around 2-3 weeks after?

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Sounds bad so it sounds true. Namco really thinks they can fight Square-Enix face to face. See: DQ8-ToR

FateBreaker said:
So, the big, important question of the day...

Which one is Go Shiina doing?

:D plz??
What??? Sakuraba can handle 5 at a time! YOU BET! :lol

king zell

ToW for the PSP

h-104_55210_tow01.jpg.jpg
h-104_55210_tow02.jpg.jpg

h-104_55210_tow03.jpg.jpg

h-104_55210_tow04.jpg.jpg

ToP for the PSP

h-104_55207_top02.jpg.jpg
h-104_55207_top03.jpg.jpg

h-104_55207_top04.jpg.jpg

ToD for the PS2

h-104_55203_tod02.jpg.jpg
h-104_55203_tod03.jpg.jpg

h-104_55203_tod01.jpg.jpg

h-104_55203_tod04.jpg.jpg

you rock. gracias.

hmm...ToD-PS2 looks alright.

And I want to like Tales of the World because it does look good...I just hope it's not a stupid dungeon crawler, which we believe it is.

reminder

I'm very happy with these announcements. :)

Played no one of them and I hope that they will be released in europe, especially the PSP ones. :D

Not played ToD, so i will be buying ToD PSP

ToW looks very good, especially with Lloyd and Raine in the mix, (who are the other two characters btw? One of them looks like from ToTT).

ToP.. well, despite the Snes ToP being one of my fave RPGs ever, i still not buying a remake/port of this.

Oh well, should be good :)

reminder

http://namco-ch.net/taleschannel/index.html

PSP『テイルズ オブ デスティニー2』
  2007年発売予定、価格未定

Is this Tales of Destiny 2 for PSP? I thought Tales of Eternia is ToD2? Or am I totally wrong? :)

WYWY

So in summary from the official site,

Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition
PSP - 7th September

Tales of Destiny
PS2 - Winter

Tales of The World Radiant Mythology
PSP - Winter

Tales of Destiny 2
PSP - 2007

More details to be revealed on 21st, tomorrow.

*Tales of the Milkman*

BluWacky

reminder said:
http://namco-ch.net/taleschannel/index.html

PSP『テイルズ オブ デスティニー2』
  2007年発売予定、価格未定

Is this Tales of Destiny 2 for PSP? I thought Tales of Eternia is ToD2? Or am I totally wrong? :)

ToE was retitled for the US market - ToD2 is a genuine sequel to ToD.

Personally, I think the Destiny remake looks pretty good (I'm easy to please I guess), the Phantasia port is a joke (especially since ToD2 is getting a PSP port) and, if I liked dungeon RPGs, then ToW would be pretty awesome.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Namco's Tales strategy stinks of Squeenix's FF milking, minus giving three games the same numeric designation with differing subtitles.

Jonnyram

cvxfreak said:
So... Tales of Destiny remake for PS2, and Tales of Destiny 2 for PSP.

But no TOD1 for PSP.

:lol Okay.
Well obviously they're not gonna announce the PSP port before the PS2 version even comes out ;)

This announcement really shows how ****ed up the games industry in Japan is right now. No committment to any next-gen platform, plus THREE remakes/ports of old games. And when a company as big as Namco is doing this, you know things are pretty screwed up. Hopefully the marketplace will be a little more "obvious" after 2006 is over. Publishers just don't know what to do right now.

AniHawk

Jonnyram said:
Well obviously they're not gonna announce the PSP port before the PS2 version even comes out ;)

This announcement really shows how ****ed up the games industry in Japan is right now. No committment to any next-gen platform, plus THREE remakes/ports of old games. And when a company as big as Namco is doing this, you know things are pretty screwed up. Hopefully the marketplace will be a little more "obvious" after 2006 is over. Publishers just don't know what to do right now.

I wonder if they had some PS3 stuff planned that was pulled or is being reevaluated right about now.

Emotions

Jonnyram said:

Next year Tales of the Tempest PSP port and TOS PSP port and Narikiri Dungeon remakes for PSP one coming out later 2007 and one in 2008.

Emotions

Eddz said:
Is that Kratos I see?

So that's Raine, Lloyd, and Kratos from ToS in ToW so far then.. Any others? :eek:

Senel Coolidge from Tales of Legendia is there too. This is a dungeon crawler game i think.
Too bad they're actually just 3d and not cel-shaded like TOS and TotA. :/

I totally agree with Jonny about next-gen and japanese developers.

Anyway, why can FF have so many ports and remakes and Tales can't? Tales was Namco's FF since the start...they will pretty much follow S-E everywhere.

ToP PSP looks bad. Not interested at all in it right now.

ToW PSP looks really good! Its Narikiri all over again, but with good 3D graphics and 3D battle system...plus new characters from the main entries. If I ever buy a PSP, this will be a must-have, and probably the only reason for getting one.

ToD PS2 looks awesome. I love 2D tales, it has a lot of charm, it doesn't feel like a low budget gust game (stab at atelier series yeah), I wanna make love to this game :)
It should come in December and sell very well for a remake, near ToS-ToL imo.

ToD2 PSP was pretty clear, I predicted it (along the first one, which annoys me and more users it seems). Very good title for PSP if ported right.

Destiny comes in full force....I wonder if I was right with ToD3 for next-gen....

Emotions

Eddz said:
._.

Well, that sucks. Guess I'll just re-play ToS on my Wii then :D

Get Tales of the Abyss when it comes out or Tales of the Tempest for the DS once it's out as well. Original entries ftw.

Glad to see ToD remained 2D and not Abyss' 3D. I think Inomata's designs should stay in 2D thank you. :p

Don't care much about the others, though TotW PSP looks HAWT.

jiggle

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
ToD2 PSP was pretty clear, I predicted it (along the first one, which annoys me and more users it seems). Very good title for PSP if ported right.

is this confirmed?

kiryogi

Banned
jiggle said:
is this confirmed?
Yes, it's right there on the chart and it's at teichan as well. I'm getting all said titles unfortunately. On a side note, it looks like Tempest will finally hit near the end of october. While ToW/ToDRe will hit around decemberm. It's a flooded tales fall this year.

kiryogi

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
My love for Tales is renewed.

Not even another mobile game can hurt it now! :lol

No renewal here. The fact of Phantasia PSP existance is just a huge insult to its fanbase D: I'm nowhere excited for any of these, but they seem neat noveltys thus far.

jiggle

kiryogi said:
Yes, it's right there on the chart and it's at teichan as well. I'm getting all said titles unfortunately.

Cool. must've missed it XD

Another chance for it to be not localized

Top Bottom