Tales of Xillia |OT| "Progress" It's Been 15 Years. . .

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
FSLink said:
Alvin is Kratos in his alternate costume.
I like Jude and Milla's but everybody else's are very lackluster. I feel like none of the costumes for the characters are that great with the exception of Milla and Jude.
 
Inomata tends to be hit or miss with me, but when she hits, it's great.
kiryogi should show off some of the Eternia stuff from that art book of his.
 
cj_iwakura said:
Didn't know Fujishima had help in this one. Looking at the separation, I can totally tell.

(Notice his are the good ones.)
Its not a matter of help here . . Its a collaboration between the two main character designers of the Tales series. TBH, its a real major milestone for the series.

Aeana: haha maybe when I get home.
 
I keep forgetting about Xillia due to Graces F still not being out in NA. Get them mixed up all the time as a result.
Aeana said:
Either kiryogi or Rpgmonkey always make official threads for the "mothership" Tales games. Not really a surprise!
Hey I did it that one time they did a semi-simultaneous worldwide launch :(
 
Rpgmonkey said:
What four generic praise comments about RPGs come to mind?

There you go.
"The story was very interesting and the characters were fun."

"I enjoyed the battle system and it made a lot of changes from the previous game."

"The graphics were very good! I found myself looking at the environments a lot."

"This game is so good that I might use my check from Namco-Bandai to buy this game."
 

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aeana said:
Inomata tends to be hit or miss with me, but when she hits, it's great.
kiryogi should show off some of the Eternia stuff from that art book of his.
Same. When she does stuff well, it's really good. For example, I like Asbel's design for the most part, but I can do without his disco pants; and I really liked Cheria's design. But out of Fujishima and Inomata, I like 'em equally.

kiryogi has the Inomata artbook? :O
 

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
This game got a higher score than Deus Ex: HR. Either Famitsu has lost it or this might be the Tales of game that I've been waiting for. I hope that it doesn't disappoint cuz DX was amazing.
 
The_Monk said:
Nice OT, shame I don't even dare to search how much would I need to pay to get this in Europe...
£60(65-70 euroish) pretty much, so it isn't that bad.

The collectors editions are extortionate though. Looking at nearly £150. Didn't even bother checking the console.
 
Kind of curious about this, but it doesn't really look as interesting as Vesperia from what we've seen so far, and the character line-up looks more animu too :/ Maybe I'm crazy...
 

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Jonnyram said:
Kind of curious about this, but it doesn't really look as interesting as Vesperia from what we've seen so far, and the character line-up looks more animu too :/ Maybe I'm crazy...
You are crazy, the proportions are more "realistic" than they were for vesperia.

Of course, it is still anime design.
 
I wonder when I'll get my copy...forgot to preorder until late last week :(

Interested in seeing how it fares on psmk2. Coming off Totori and Meruru, from my perspective, it has some pretty big rpg shoes to fill.
 
Jonnyram said:
Kind of curious about this, but it doesn't really look as interesting as Vesperia from what we've seen so far, and the character line-up looks more animu too :/ Maybe I'm crazy...
Err, designs are definitely not more anime than other Tales games. If anything, most Tales games are more generic anime-style compared to this and Graces F in terms of look and design.
 
Great OP Kiryogi.

I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Just looking at the trailers I can recognize the vowels in hiragana. Hoping to have that and a good chunk of Katakana done by the time the game arrives at my door. My goal is to be able to at least read the menus, assuming they are in kana like some of the previous Tales of games.

Also, - $110.89 :(

It hurts, but I think it will be worth it.
 
PoorFate said:
Great OP Kiryogi.

I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Just looking at the trailers I can recognize the vowels in hiragana. Hoping to have that and a good chunk of Katakana done by the time the game arrives at my door. My goal is to be able to at least read the menus, assuming they are in kana like some of the previous Tales of games.

Also, - $110.89 :(

It hurts, but I think it will be worth it.
It looks like I'm the winner for most expensive regular edition so far! Yes it does hurt! But I'm working OT this week for it. . .

And keep at it! I actually started to learn my kana from Symphonia.
 
Dear ENTHUSIASTIC Tales fans!

I want to import Tales of Xillia to Germany and I don't care, if it is the japanese or asian version. I just want to buy it kind of "cheap". So, what are my options besides Play-Asia (because you know, Sony sucks hard), RenChi (doing some relocation to a bigger warehouse right now) and YesAsia (well, they still have the japanese version for pre-order, but still..."This product is not eligible for tax-free (VAT-Free) service to the U.K. and Germany.")? Right now, I'd have to pay about 110 USD for it :/

btw: GREAT OP =)
 
Zhund0r said:
Dear ENTHUSIASTIC Tales fans!

I want to import Tales of Xillia to Germany and I don't care, if it is the japanese or asian version. I just want to buy it kind of "cheap". So, what are my options besides Play-Asia (because you know, Sony sucks hard), RenChi (doing some relocation to a bigger warehouse right now) and YesAsia (well, they still have the japanese version for pre-order, but still..."This product is not eligible for tax-free (VAT-Free) service to the U.K. and Germany.")? Right now, I'd have to pay about 110 USD for it :/

btw: GREAT OP =)
I preordered mine on AmiAmi.

Shipping can be expensive though, but they generally give pretty good discounts. I got my Atelier Meruru LE from them for cheaper than Play-Asia, even with shipping!

(Not sure if they ship to Europe though to be honest. They should, since it's an international branch store for a Japanese based one.)
 
Einbroch said:
So where does this ENTHUSIASM thing come from?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=436187

KoT: Tales of Xillia has yet to be announced in Occident. Will the decision to release the game solely depend on how well Tales of Graces f sells here?

Yoshizumi: No, not at all. It has nothing to do with Tales of Graces f sales. We will only release Tales of Xillia if we feel fans are really enthusiastic about the game.
For the record, what he says about it having nothing to do with ToGF is likely super bullshit.
 
Zhund0r said:
Dear ENTHUSIASTIC Tales fans!

I want to import Tales of Xillia to Germany and I don't care, if it is the japanese or asian version. I just want to buy it kind of "cheap". So, what are my options besides Play-Asia (because you know, Sony sucks hard), RenChi (doing some relocation to a bigger warehouse right now) and YesAsia (well, they still have the japanese version for pre-order, but still..."This product is not eligible for tax-free (VAT-Free) service to the U.K. and Germany.")? Right now, I'd have to pay about 110 USD for it :/

btw: GREAT OP =)
Norway here, and I ordered from CDJapan (keep in mind that the first press release is sold out). It's slightly cheaper than NCSX, even with the EMS shipping.
 
ToyBroker said:
I'd love to play this game but I can't read japanese. How do you guys play these games? :(
You learn to read moon runes of course.

Or you just wait for someone to make you a general guide through, but that's not as much of an adventure!
 

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I am ENTHUSIASTIC. You're listening Namco, right? Right?!

Looks like this one could be pretty good, hopefully it makes it over. Putting my money up, got Graces F and Abyss 3DS preordered. And some of you must be crazy loaded to spend $100+ on a bunch of imports and special editions every year.
 

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I hate this enthusiasm crap that Bamco is putting on us. Honestly they're doing the same thing as Capcom where the blame is on the fans and not the team. This is them trying to save and cover their own ass.
 
Rarutos said:
I preordered mine on AmiAmi.

Shipping can be expensive though, but they generally give pretty good discounts. I got my Atelier Meruru LE from them for cheaper than Play-Asia, even with shipping!

(Not sure if they ship to Europe though to be honest. They should, since it's an international branch store for a Japanese based one.)
Thanks! Yes, it works for Europe, too. I just preordered it and can't wait anymore :D
Well, still expensive because of the higher EMS rates for Europe, but at least I'll get it very fast and it costs 1000 Yen less compared to CD Japan.

Do you think we'll get the bonus stuff, too?
 
Zhund0r said:
Dear ENTHUSIASTIC Tales fans!

I want to import Tales of Xillia to Germany and I don't care, if it is the japanese or asian version. I just want to buy it kind of "cheap". So, what are my options besides Play-Asia (because you know, Sony sucks hard), RenChi (doing some relocation to a bigger warehouse right now) and YesAsia (well, they still have the japanese version for pre-order, but still..."This product is not eligible for tax-free (VAT-Free) service to the U.K. and Germany.")? Right now, I'd have to pay about 110 USD for it :/

btw: GREAT OP =)
Try buygame2. Site looks a bit amateur-ish but I've been using them (it's the site of a HK eBay shop) recently and they are fantastic. Good prices, they mark value down on customs form and stuff typically takes 4-6 days to get to me in the UK.

http://buygame2.com/en/index.php
 
Rarutos said:
I preordered mine on AmiAmi.

Shipping can be expensive though, but they generally give pretty good discounts. I got my Atelier Meruru LE from them for cheaper than Play-Asia, even with shipping!

(Not sure if they ship to Europe though to be honest. They should, since it's an international branch store for a Japanese based one.)
i placed an order. how much is EMS to us usually? lol. i'm afraid it's like $30.