• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

Not

Banned
Yeah...that telephone part is the one part that my mind keeps going back to like it sticks because it's so damn bad man. Like shit at least hire Kendrick and let him put some metaphors in that shit so it's not so obvious and bad. That's just ugh.

For the first time in years I've cringed while hearing a track.

I think the last time for me was the bridge to Shake It Off, actually

Taylor on a hot streak

DrStiles

Was luke warm on it at first. It's growing on me though, so still perched for the full album in November.

I def see this taking over the radio though.

Meowster

Of the major releases so far:

Green Light > Perfect Illusion > Love > Praying > Look What You Made Me Do >>>> Bon Appetit/Swish Swish

I think the production on this song is really fun and well done.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I think that if this was released last year...it would have at least made sense? But like...it has been three years since "Shake It Off" and this was the best they came up with? Taylor is better than this, she is a good songwriter and decent singer, so it is kind of bizarre hearing this bad of a song.

Everything besides chorus is solid, if bland. That chorus is seriously irritating.

In other news, y'all better listen to that new BROCKHAMPTON joint tonight! Stan real talent!!!!!

Oozer3993

So, the tour. There's a weird program for #VerifiedFans (I blame Ticketmaster for the branding) that feels icky. It seems like instead of getting a presale code from her email list like "ye olden times," you have to sign up for this and "boost" your place in line by doing various things like watching the lyric video, or posting on social media, or (and here's the icky part) buying stuff. You will be unsurprised to hear that buying stuff is a "high boost."

Tour locations, for anyone curious (there are no dates yet, as far as I can tell):

Atlanta, GA
Boston, MA
Chicago, IL
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH
Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Houston, TX
Indianapolis, IN
Kansas City, MO
Los Angeles, CA
Louisville, KY
Miami, FL
Minneapolis, MN
Nashville, TN
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh, PA
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa, FL
Toronto, ON
Washington, DC

Expected something different. Did not expect that.

I think I like it though. It's strangely dark. I'm not blown away, but I'm really fuckin' curious to hear the full album.

Meh.
And I was rooting for Taylor, I have a soft spot for artists accused of being fake/snakes.
Edit: For the most part, fukk Chance

RMI

Banned
that phone bit was bad. this song is kind of bad.

the first single off the last album was Shake it Off. I've heard that song like a hundred times probably and I would rather hear it again than listen to this song for a second time.

So, the tour. There's a weird program for #VerifiedFans (I blame Ticketmaster for the branding) that feels icky. It seems like instead of getting a presale code from her email list like "ye olden times," you have to sign up for this and "boost" your place in line by doing various things like watching the lyric video, or posting on social media, or (and here's the icky part) buying stuff. You will be unsurprised to hear that buying stuff is a "high boost."

Tour locations, for anyone curious (there are no dates yet, as far as I can tell):

Atlanta, GA
Boston, MA
Chicago, IL
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH
Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Houston, TX
Indianapolis, IN
Kansas City, MO
Los Angeles, CA
Louisville, KY
Miami, FL
Minneapolis, MN
Nashville, TN
New Orleans, LA
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Pittsburgh, PA
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa, FL
Toronto, ON
Washington, DC

The boost thing is new, but #VerifiedFan has been used a lot this year by artists like Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Harry Styles, St Vincent, etc.

It's a way of ensuring actual fans get tickets and not scalpers, because you have to go to the effort of signing up on their site, with your phone number, and then entering a code only a certain amount of people who sign up will get texted to them on the day of the presale, and only real fans of an artist would ever be that dedicated to do it for each artist they like. I've done it for Harry, Foo, St Vincent, and Taylor now, and was sick of it by the Harry one (the first time I saw it used for an artist I tried to get tickets for)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
lmao what is this trash

The Life of Pablo in stores now.
I Decided in stores now.
Darkness & Light in stores now.
New English in stores now.
DS2 in stores now.

Mau ®

Rihanna won. She snatched Taylor's last good song before she was exposed as a snake and lost all her musical power.

Her foresight whew!

Oozer3993

The boost thing is new, but #VerifiedFan has been used a lot this year by artists like Foo Fighters, QOTSA, Harry Styles, St Vincent, etc.

It's a way of ensuring actual fans get tickets and not scalpers, because you have to go to the effort of signing up on their site, with your phone number, and then entering a code only a certain amount of people who sign up will get texted to them on the day of the presale, and only real fans of an artist would ever be that dedicated to do it for each artist they like. I've done it for Harry, Foo, St Vincent, and Taylor now, and was sick of it by the Harry one (the first time I saw it used for an artist I tried to get tickets for)

I will do everything it asks of me, hating myself every step of the way. I miss what Taylor did for the Red Tour, though it definitely had its downsides: tickets in the pit were first made available to people who had been members of her official forum for a long time. It screwed fans who didn't do know the forum existed (so, like, everyone), but I had awesome seats!

I'm forcing my head to bob to this song and trying to turn my disappointment into denial as well

This is gonna be me during work tomorrow.

Mau ®;246929478 said:
Rihanna won. She snatched Taylor's last good song before she was exposed as a snake and lost all her musical power.

Her foresight whew!

BaOxhEN.png

Ydelnae

The bridge is too repetitive but overall the track is good. I don't think it is better than any song on her last record, but I think even she knew she wouldn't top that and went with this direction still.

Ominym

Banned
This sounds like a song Halsey was smart enough to reject. It’s awful. And I say that as someone who likes Taylor Swift.

This sounds like a Lorde B-Side

Don't you slander our Lorde and savior like that 😤 Like Carly, Lorde's B-Sides would blow this out the water - though I guess this offbeat pop is going to be her direction now? Too bad it isn't interesting or enjoyable to listen to like Lorde was.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Wow, this was bad. Even the Taytor Tots aren't biting lol.

This song ain't overtaking anything. Cankles' record is over. Poor her stan (singular).

Lana, and by extension, The Weeknd, won.

3DShovel

I like how people are like "this won't take over anything" -- it's very clear y'all have no idea how the radio works.

This song will be massive. It's Taylor Swift y'all.

Not

Banned
Is GAF the #1 forum for obscure anime references that seemingly no one here besides me has to Google?

That would require 1) The Chimera Ant arc to have been shit and 2) Taylor to have ever been good.

Addendum: Fullbringer arc is a better comparison since it's the point where even the blind fans have to wake up and realize that what they're consuming is shit, has always been shit and always will be shit.

Top Bottom