• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

Kibbles

Wow, I'm a Taylor fan but that chorus is easily the worst thing she's ever done. Sounds like that Megan Trainor song.

Akahige

I dug 1989 a lot, well a lot more than I expected. This not so much, but I guess Shake it Off was kinda meh as well.

Not that I ever felt like she was this truly original voice or anything, but it seems like she stepped into a real crowded space with nothing to back her up? It all feels mashed together with a put-on attitude and ends up just...boring.

Not

Banned
All you people needed was to wait for the immediate blowback and then you're like "OK, phew, I can like this now"

Taylor Swift, making me like music I don't even like

Queen

I want to amend my previous comment. I think I made this entire song in GarageBand about a decade ago. This was amusingly bad. Wonder how many Grammys it will win?

Emarv

If she sang the chorus, I think it'd be a way better song. Or at least made the chorus dynamic in some way. Dig the rest of it.

cdyhybrid

sxNh5jh.png

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I hope this song is supposed to be primarily for branding purposes and the rest of the album is more typical Taylor cus this song is not going on repeat ever

I think I can get behind this tbh. It contains a classic Taylor Swift BTS conversation with that telephone skit. Hilarious

Its intentions are just so forward and obvious, from the lyrics to the reputation cover art. So far removed from her 1989 persona. Still excited to hear the rest of the album for me

Also Red > Speak Now > Fearless > 1989 > TS is my ranking

Miles X

I just can't see this being played on the radio much ... not if Chained to the Rythem didn't get much love which was catchier.

The pop world is so fickle, I swear nobody survives.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I just can't see this being played on the radio much ... not if Chained to the Rythem didn't get much love which was catchier.

The pop world is so fickle, I swear nobody survives.

This is going to be in the top 10 on Billboard immediately and all over the radio every 5 minutes.

Not even a contest.

cory64

This is a mess, but so was Shake It Off.
Still gonna give the album a shot, surely there's an All Too Well or Begin Again or Treacherous or... she's never gonna give us another Red is she. 😢

This is 2017. Taylor Swift is gonna have to do a lot better than this to have a chance against all the great music that came/is coming out this year.

Top Bottom