• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taylor Swift: Reputation

NYR

Pure pop culture garbage. If this song was released under a name, we wouldn't give it two listens, horrible song.

Kyzer

Banned
In your last 50 posts close to half of them are about Taylor Swift. Seriously. Should I quote your posts from a few weeks back in a separate thread when you were bleating about the same old tired shit?

I love how you spent the first bit of your post claiming you were here to discuss the topic, then lost your cool later and admitted you're here just to troll. Couldn't even keep it together in the same post. There's difference between legitimate criticism of a bad song and you attacking her personally, which is clearly nuance you cannot grasp. So continue, keep trolling and clicking on threads about people you hate, but I'll be here pointing out how fucking weird that is.

PS, I didn't attack Kanye's mental health. Sorry. Didn't happen. That or I'm as bad as Rhymefest.

Are you seriously trying to paint a narrative that i spend all my time shitting on taylor swift? Is this bannable? Can i report you and force you to cough up the evidence? It feels so wrong that you can just make false claims about my post history. Post it, super sleuth, post every unique thread ive participated in that has to do with Taylor Swift. And no shit the last 50 posts have to do with Taylor Swift we're posting in a fucking new taylor swift thread right NOW sherlock holmes. Me and you talking. Right now. Is my latest post history. Holy shit. And you keep attacking kanyes sales like i give a fuck, youre talking to the wrong kanye fan, I shit on Yeezus regularly and hate who he has become. I also dont despise Taylor like you keep saying, nor does my negative reception of her music disqualify me from participating in discussion, as per your own negative reception of the fucking song. And yeah I came here to discuss the topic, which is Taylor Swift, Reputation, and her steering into her image of being a snake. Coming into a thread of something you like and having a different view of it than you doesnt mean you get to "win" an argument over the validity of my opinion and have me leave. I dont know how your other stan arguments go but if your honor and feeling of worth is at all tied to how successfully you defend TSwifts honor against me then just stop responding to me, because youre not going to get me to go away or stop voicing my opinion.

And yes you did pejoratively refer to Kanyes mental health. I pointed it out and your reaction was to state that Taylor might also have some mental health issues worth sympathizing and tried to turn it around. Youre just like her.

Rookhelm

I think if the "look what you made me do" chants were taken out, it'd be a bit better. Those parts are a little distracting, imo.

kris.

Banned
The first verse and pre-chorus are kinda neat and then the chorus kicks in and Taylor what are you doing this is so bad

Kyzer

Banned
Kanye's the one that needs a doctor. I think that's well established.

But I think it's fair to say the Taylor-Kanye relationship got off to a bad start purely down to his brain fade in the middle of the VMAs.

( And re: Damn going after his mental health:)

How do you know she's not suffering too? I imagine it would be hard to mentally deal with edgelords like yourself constantly berating, insulting and accusing her on the internet of countless conspiracies.

At least we agree on one thing. This song is not good. But then neither was TLOP, which is why 1989 outsold it ten to one. Embarrassing. No wonder you're all so bitter.

Classy.

PS, I didn't attack Kanye's mental health. Sorry. Didn't happen. That or I'm as bad as Rhymefest.

This fuckin guy

"Yall are just Taylor Swift haterz she sold so much and makes more money than you thats why yall are jealous and salty teehee"

In your last 50 posts close to half of them are about Taylor Swift.

Independent source here.

Showing results 1 to 50 of 1484 : Search took 3.49 seconds.

12 from this thread, 5 from another from when all her profiles went dark

Shes slithering in some rocks somewhere, I assume. Hard to come out into public after being proven to have just been a plain ol garden snek
A week ago exactly as you said http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246432558&highlight=#post246432558

Cynosure

i'm not going to listen.
i implore you all to resist this deplorable no-talent vermin

girl%2Bthrows%2Bsnake.gif

BunnyBear

Are you seriously trying to paint a narrative that i spend all my time shitting on taylor swift? Is this bannable? Can i report you and force you to cough up the evidence? It feels so wrong that you can just make false claims about my post history. Post it, super sleuth, post every unique thread ive participated in that has to do with Taylor Swift. And no shit the last 50 posts have to do with Taylor Swift we're posting in a fucking new taylor swift thread right NOW sherlock holmes. Me and you talking. Right now. Is my latest post history. Holy shit. And you keep attacking kanyes sales like i give a fuck, youre talking to the wrong kanye fan, I shit on Yeezus regularly and hate who he has become. I also dont despise Taylor like you keep saying, nor does my negative reception of her music disqualify me from participating in discussion, as per your own negative reception of the fucking song. And yeah I came here to discuss the topic, which is Taylor Swift, Reputation, and her steering into her image of being a snake. Coming into a thread of something you like and having a different view of it than you doesnt mean you get to "win" an argument over the validity of my opinion and have me leave. I dont know how your other stan arguments go but if your honor and feeling of worth is at all tied to how successfully you defend TSwifts honor against me then just stop responding to me, because youre not going to get me to go away or stop voicing my opinion.

And yes you did pejoratively refer to Kanyes mental health. I pointed it out and your reaction was to state that Taylor might also have some mental health issues worth sympathizing and tried to turn it around. Youre just like her.

I thought you said you weren't personally invested in this?

Here's some post of yours from a separate Taylor thread a few days back that was locked:

Kyzer said:
Even if its possible that thats what happened, she was still a snek. Hanging onto that specific line as if she didn't outright deny agreeing to anything even though she did, and turning it into a stand against misogynistic lyrics even though she agreed to some of them was a bad move. Thats why she went into hiding while fans like you are stuck defending her with theories. Didn't she do similar shit with other celebrities and thats why they don't like her? She creates drama and victimizes herself, why not this time?

Shes slithering in some rocks somewhere, I assume. Hard to come out into public after being proven to have just been a plain ol garden snek

Kyzer said:
You want to talk about manufactured drama, how about this? Taylor Swifts producer, before she came out denying having agreed to anything with Kanye, and before she called him out on his song during an acceptance speech, commenting on her knowing about the track before it was out:

”She came in a couple of weeks ago and she had an advance of the track, so she commented on it in a very funny way," Enrlich told Entertainment Tonight. ”She's smart."

http://www.musictimes.com/articles/6...mous-lyric.htm

She knew what she was doing. She didn't know there was footage. She tried to be a victim and a hero and she revealed her scales and forked tongue.

There's two more posts from you in that thread alone, but they don't make sense without context. That's just the last page alone...

My point is, you spend a lot of time talking about someone you hate. That's weird. I'm going to bed, but I made my point.

Kyzer

Banned
Independent source here.

12 from this thread, 5 from another from when all her profiles went dark

A week ago exactly as you said http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=246432558&highlight=#post246432558

So two threads. Both recently. Any more?

I thought you said you weren't personally invested in this?

Here's some post of yours from a separate Taylor thread a few days back that was locked:

There's two more posts from you in that thread alone, but they don't make sense without context. That's just the last page alone...

My point is, you spend a lot of time talking about someone you hate. That's weird. I'm going to bed, but I made my point.

S o o o o o o o

A few posts. From this week....

Why dont you post the dates? Funny how you literally picked several posts from the same thread as if posting morw than once means ive been ousted as someone who spends all day shitting on Taylor. I asked for unique threads and you picked sequential posts from the same page of one fucking thread. You disingenuous stannnnn

Yeah go to bed. Run away because youre full of shit. Dont ever make stupid claims about me like that. Im livid that yall are trying to pin this on me. Yall are the ones in every taylor swift thread. Spending "a lot of time talking about someone." Not me. Fuck right off with this bullshit

SandTorso

Heard it once on the radio. I'm not a fan of Swift, but man that was pretty terrible. If it was anyone else I feel like they would have been laughed at before it went public.

So two threads. Both recently. Any more?

Give it up Kyzer. You have been identified as a sworn enemy of our lord and savior Tay-Tay. From now on, you are public enemy number 1 and will be dealt with accordingly. Prepare yourself.

suppose I should say /s, just to be safe. Poe's law and all.

I agree that the chorus is the weak part, but I enjoy the song overall. I'm not gonna sit here and argue that it's some next-level stuff, but I'm enjoying it.

BunnyBear

( And re: Damn going after his mental health:)

If you're going to try and say I was attacking his mental health when I said he had a brain fade, a completely innocent term to denote a poor decision, then it's showing cataclysmic levels of desperation on your part.

I never "attacked" his mental health. You are the one that has continually personally attacked a music artist you don't know in this (and many other) threads. Not me.

Yeah go to bed. Run away because youre full of shit. Dont ever make stupid claims about me like that. Im livid that yall are trying to pin this on me. Yall are the ones in every taylor swift thread. Spending "a lot of time talking about someone." Not me. Fuck right off with this bullshit.

Wait, so you post over and over again accusing someone to be a liar and a snake in posts that absolutely drip with bile and mean-spiritedness, but then you get genuinely angry when someone holds you to account for your cruelness and points out your odd fascination with hating a celebrity? This is one of the more epic meltdowns I've witnessed on GAF.

Doodis

The first verse and pre-chorus are kinda neat and then the chorus kicks in and Taylor what are you doing this is so bad
This. Super disappointing. Not sure what's going on in the pop world today but the hooks seem to be dying.

see5harp

Yo this shit isnkinda trash. When you try and switch up but the people who write and produce your music is the same people who write and produce everyone else.

Kyzer

Banned
I never "attacked" his mental health. You are the one that has continually personally attacked a music artist you don't know in this (and many other) threads. Not me.

What Taylor did was stupid and deserves criticism, you do the same with Kanye (PLEASE stop acting like you dont and are just an innocent level headed unbiased person) because you think im in this as a Kanye v TSwift thing, but its not, you view at that way because thats how YOU think. What you did, and I didnt do, however, is attack a celebritys mental health. Which you certainly did by saying Kanye is the one who needs a doctor and that its been well established, and then inadvertently confirmed that thats when you were doing when I called you out and you had to try and make it seem pike Taylor might also have mental health issues to sidestep that you just pejoratively referred to someones mental health problems.

I thought you were going to bed what happened?

Bronx-Man

Banned
"The old Taylor can't talk right now cause SHE'S DEAD" is gonna be this year's "so many chains, they call me Chaining Tatum".

I can feel it.

BunnyBear

What Taylor did was stupid and deserves criticism, you do the same with Kanye (PLEASE stop acting like you dont and are just an innocent level headed unbiased person) because you think im in this as a Kanye v TSwift thing, but its not, you view at that way because thats how YOU think. What you did, and I didnt do, however, is attack a celebritys mental health. Which you certainly did by saying Kanye is the one who needs a doctor and that its been well established, and then inadvertently confirmed that thats when you were doing when I called you out and you had to try and make it seem pike Taylor might also have mental health issues to sidestep that you just pejoratively referred to someones mental health problems.

I thought you were going to bed what happened?

See my edited response above.

No, I never attacked Kanye's mental health. That never happened. Sorry. I said he needed a doctor, something that his friends and mentors also said, so unless they were also attacking him, you're off-base.

But seriously, you have spent an inordinate amount of time personally attacking a person you've never met based on tabloid gossip and internet rumours with viciousness and bile, and you are trying to portray me as a monster because I said Kanye needed a doctor? Spare me the hypocrisy. You've lowered your colours in here.

Kyzer

Banned
If you're going to try and say I was attacking his mental health when I said he had a brain fade, a completely innocent term to denote a poor decision, then it's showing cataclysmic levels of desperation on your part.

Wait, so you post over and over again accusing someone to be a liar and a snake in posts that absolutely drip with bile and mean-spiritedness, but then you get genuinely angry when someone holds you to account for your cruelness and points out your odd fascination with hating a celebrity? This is one of the more epic meltdowns I've witnessed on GAF.

Youre a lying snake just like she is. Its not a meltdown yet, bro. Im still waiting for you to back your shit up. Youre painting a picture of me for everyone, now finish it. Show everyone. If youre gonna make claims about my post history and then say youre going to bed then go all out. You said, and this is as someone who actually legitimately spends a lot of their time in Taylor Swift threads, that I spend an exorbitant amount of my time on this forum shitting on Taylor Swift, and that its obvious from my post history. Please post every single unique thread about Taylor Swift that I participated in to shit on her in my time here on NeoGAF. There must be a lot. I mean you would know, youre in all of them. And dont come back with a few posts from the same fucking page of one fucking thread a week ago. Lets see you slither your way around this in order to defend Taylor Swifts honor. Because thats what this is to you. Your honor is tied to your defense of her. You think im a Kanye stan just from the simple fact that Im opposing Taylor. You are bringing up sales figures as if I give a single shit or as if its literally a contest of Kanye v Taylor. And heres where it led. Now wrap this up, you started it. Post proof of your claims of my post history. You already hit the bullshit "ive won this argument im leaving now" and then came back to continue being petty with me, bless me with a favor and come back with a reason. Defend your claim against me. Please.

And yeah you attacked kanyes mental health, and then pivoted into a "how do people talk about things they dont like, im just here cuz i love Taylor's music" innocent holier than thou stance and it looks dumb. Im just letting you know, you can argue it all you want, im doing a favor and letting you know from an outside perspective that you look hypocritical. You dont get to attack his mental health, defend the statement by saying well maybe Taylor has mental issues too, proceed to directly compare dick sizes with sales numbers and say everyone criticizing her is a salty kanye fan, and then proceed to act like youre just an innocent bystander who wanted to post about how much they enjoyed the song. It looks dumb. Also you dont even like the song, which you admitted. So youre literally not even saying anything, youre ONLY trying to project a narrative that you have moral high ground in an imaginary argument you think you're having in some made up kanye v taylor console wars

Faddy

Banned
Song is trash. The most memorable parts are flat and boring. "look what you made me do" droning on and on.

Someone should have made her do a better song.

kulapik

Listened to it a second time just to make sure I was not mistaken.

Yeah, it's trash.
Same. It got played in the radio and after it finished the DJ said "wonderful" and I was like "you sure we heard the same song"

Hope someone does a remix that completely ignores the chorus and the old Taylor hook

Ristifer

The title makes it sound like a kid that shit its pants for the first time because of their strict parents.

So, I guess it makes sense.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
No, because Kesha’s first single was good and her album is pretty damn great. And she also has legitimate reason to sing about being a victim.

Oh wow, is it really that good? I usually tossed Kesha in the "don't bother" pile alongside untalented flops like Selena and Demi, her previous work doesn't instill confidence.

I haven't listened to Kesha's new album or even the lead single yet. You have good taste though so I'm... intrigued.

Oh wow, is it really that good? I usually tossed Kesha in the "don't bother" pile alongside untalented flops like Selena and Demi, her previous work doesn't instill confidence.

I haven't listened to Kesha's new album or even the lead single yet. You have good taste though so I'm... intrigued.

Yes! Listen to it. She made an extremely diverse album with a lot of heart and charm. And the Country/Nashville inspired songs are amazing. It’s more along the lines of what Joanne should have been, tbh.

I bought tickets for me and my gay bestie to see her in October. It’s that good.

Top Bottom