• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

rdrr gnr

Put in my order for the Amazon version, couldn't pass up release date delivery. I'm glad they brought back the offer. Looking forward to playing it the day that finals end.

Amir0x

Banned
InsertNameHere said:
I'd have liked a bonus case too, but right now I'm a little tight on money so Amazon seemed the best deal for me in terms of money, but I'd be willing to shell out for DLC later. You know what I mean?

yeah i understand. I just don't know what an extra 'case' means, though. Like is it a short ten minute affair or a length hour or two hour addition?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:
yeah i understand. I just don't know what an extra 'case' means, though. Like is it a short ten minute affair or a length hour or two hour addition?

Well, cases can take up to an hour to be resolved.

LProtag

Ah. Yeah, I'd think it'd at least be a half an hour to an hour. Sort of like an extra level or perhaps more fitting: a TV episode, that's how I'd look at it.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
chubigans said:
Thanks everyone, will definitely watch the first fifteen minutes then. Woo!

chubigans
y'all should be ashamed

You're gonna watch some serious spoilers there, man. I don't recommend that.

duckroll

Amir0x said:

I don't think anyone knows just yet. Ideally I think a case should be about an hour long, and feel like an episode of a TV series, except playable. We'll see though.

hlhbk

I preordered the PS3 version at gamestop. I was on the fence because of PSN still being down (what a mess), but with it being the lead platform and being one disk I went for it.

I can't wait!

Aspiring

Chesskid1 said:
here's the 360 packaging for those who were curious

had to edit out the guy's name cause he wrote a bad website on it

2wnzm94.png

Thank you so much! It puts my fears to rest. It is a double sided flip case and one on the bottom so each disc has there own holder! Phew.

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
I don't think anyone knows just yet. Ideally I think a case should be about an hour long, and feel like an episode of a TV series, except playable. We'll see though.

Gotcha. Would be nice if the bonuses cases actually felt like nice bonuses :p

I got the Gamestop order for this reason only and I hate shopping at Gamestop so it better be decent! *shakes fist*

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:

I got the Gamestop order for this reason only and I hate shopping at Gamestop so it better be decent! *shakes fist*

Well it's the Vice desk, so you should be in for a treat.

Although Arson would've been probably better.

Tuesday needs to get here faster, I'm tired of this hype draining my soul. Just hope PS will be back online so I will be able to compare trophies with Amir0x and see how terrible he is doing

Amir0x

Banned
Juan29.zapata said:
Well it's the Vice desk, so you should be in for a treat.

Although Arson would've been probably better.

What there's different case types or something?

I've been media blackouted for months now, only picking up select details about that dumb detective ability and the 1000s of items modeled as clues

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Amir0x said:

I've been media blackouted for months now

Well, I guess that it gets better with each desk. I don't know if this a spoiler for you (no story in there, anyway), but I'll black it out just in case.

The Arson desk is the final desk, after Vice.
So by progression logic, Arson should be the most complex cases, and thus the best ones.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Amir0x said:

You also get the Gamestop bonus that lets you collect and find badges across the city for bonus content. That sounds like fun.

Just saw the first fifteen minutes...went by in a flash. Man I am so pumped right now.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Amir0x said:

I've been media blackouted for months now, only picking up select details about that dumb detective ability and the 1000s of items modeled as clues
Yes, there's 5 types. Its not really a spoiler, but I'll tag them in case you want to go in dark:
Patrol, Traffic, Arson, Vice, and Homicide.

dwebo

Juan29.zapata said:
Well, I guess that it gets better with each desk. I don't know if this a spoiler for you (no story in there, anyway), but I'll black it out just in case.

The Arson desk is the final desk, after Vice.
So by progression logic, Arson should be the most complex cases, and thus the best ones.
Didn't they also say you can pick and choose which cases/desks to tackle (at some point), or am I just making that up?

edit: Hollywood division 6? As in at least 5 other sections of that map?

EagleEyes

Chesskid1 said:
here's the 360 packaging for those who were curious

had to edit out the guy's name cause he wrote a bad website on it

2wnzm94.png
Didn't a mod confirm that the discs were stacked on top of each other? Where did they get that from since this picture proves otherwise.

EagleEyes said:
Didn't a mod confirm that the discs were stacked on top of each other? Where did they get that from since this picture proves otherwise.

This is how the cases are at my retail store I work at. Why would you have so much doubt in something so meaningless?

burgerdog

EagleEyes said:

Kagari said they were stacked, probably was misled by info.

duckroll

Amir0x said:

You work your way up the ranks in the LAPD, and each promotion moves you to a different division with a new partner and new types of cases. You'll still be able to go back to the previous desks to replay old cases, or tackle cases you skipped from what I understand.

dwebo said:
Didn't they also say you can pick and choose which cases/desks to tackle (at some point), or am I just making that up?

Hollywood, Division 6.
2qtwmye.jpg

Kintaco

InsertNameHere said:
I called my Best Buy and they said that if I preorder with in-store pickup online I can get my copy at the midnight release. Probably will be the same for all other Best Buys, in case any of you were wondering about that.
Thanks for the info!

Kintaco

InsertNameHere said:
Looks like he got it from Best Buy.

Granted, I would have liked the suit from Best Buy a little more, but the 15 dollars of Amazon credit can do a whole lot more for me than 15 dollars at Best Buy.
Hey maybe we can trade suits? I'm getting the Best Buy one and I would prefer the Amazon suit!

bitoriginal

S1kkZ said:
the european version will be stacked. its always like this in europe with 360 games.

Worst news I've heard all day. Could have sworn I've got some games that arn't stacked but it's been a while since I bought a multidisk game. So annoying as a singular grain of dirt can scratch the disk.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
dwebo said:

I'm pretty sure you're making that up. Although I know not it purpose.

Fjordson

That's a PS3 copy (Consul's Car case is for PS3) from GameStop (badge pursuit challenge and Naket City case are GameStop pre-order bonuses).

Sethos said:
Never understood that, Swat 4 was so bad compared to the epic pile of sex that was Swat 3 ... Guess that's just me :(
Blasphemy. Irrational's SWAT 4 was great. I pine for them to revisit that IP but I guess they don't have the rights.

Top Bottom