• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I don't watch much TV (couple hours a week) and I've seen many commercials for this too.

The bummer for me is that I'm going to be sans my PS3 and gaming PC for the next three weeks (right in time for Witcher and this blarrrgh).

Great op, day one just need to know which version to get. Dont care about discs, just want to know which one runs best and if psn is up to allow download of dlc.

BarrenMind said:
Silly of me but I had to chuckle.

LOL... I didn't even think of that. I'm an Aussie so I only remember Michael Phelps being a great swimmer from the Olympics right?

JetBlackPanda said:
Great OP!!! love it!!

I have been hyped for this game for a long time, If it is half as good as RDR I will be in heaven.

Thanks - and, it will be better because it doesn't involve Cowboys :p

bonesmccoy said:
Do we know yet if it will be structured like RDR/GTA, with 'free time' between missions?

Missions are broken up into major crimes. The missions start one after the other, but while you are travelling to a crime scene, or during time of investigation before you decide who to arrest for a crime there is free time to do what you want.

So yes, there is essentially 'free time'.

Solo

This and The Witcher 2, both top GOTY contenders, out the same day. Oh lawdy. Only decision to make is: which to play first?

X360 version, since Rockstar hates the master race.

Solo said:
This and The Witcher 2, both top GOTY contenders, out the same day. Oh lawdy. Only decision to make is: which to play first?

X360 version, since Rockstar hates the master race.

That choice is made for me. I'm getting the Aussie version of LA Noire but I imported Witcher 2 and it won't arrive until after I've got LA Noire.

The time until next week CANNOT PASS FAST ENOUGH!!!!

Solo said:
This and The Witcher 2, both top GOTY contenders, out the same day. Oh lawdy. Only decision to make is: which to play first?.

Exactly, I've been debating this with myself for the past week. I'm thinking I'll go with The Witcher first... as much as I'm looking forward to it, I have a feeling the story will come off as a bit cheesy if I play it right after Noire.

I hope we get some impression before launch day.. I have the 360 version pre ordered but I don't know which version I will pick up.

Sethos

Banned
Great OT, very well done.

Hopefully there will be some graphical comparisons before launch, so far I'm on the 360 version.

Only the second game I've pre-ordered (first was FF 13 so lets hope it turns out better than that), really excited for the game. I hope the game is great and sells well, I'd love to have these types of games more often.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DoctorPayne said:
Exactly, I've been debating this with myself for the past week. I'm thinking I'll go with The Witcher first... as much as I'm looking forward to it, I have a feeling the story will come off as a bit cheesy if I play it right after Noire.
Witcher will be cheesy no matter what (and again I mean that in a good way). If I had to make the choice I'd probably blitz through Noire first while dipping into Witcher since Witcher is much more of a long slow burn.

Pollux

BenjaminBirdie said:
Are you serious? There are (gorgeous and amazing) posters all over New York City, a pretty prominent metropolitan area. (That one with the steering wheel? Looks like a Sean Phillips Criminal cover? AMAZING marketing.)
I saw a couple vans driving around fully decked out in LA Noire advertising and art in Boston....

Solo

DoctorPayne said:

I too am leaning towards TW2, but that decision won't really be made until the 17th when I have both. At which time, it'll be a toss up most likely :lol

GQman2121

Banned
I'm moving at the end of the month, so this is going to have to wait a few weeks. It's a shame too because I've been really looking forward to it. It's not so bad with PSN being down, but still......

Also, good job with the op. Lots of info there to take in.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Great job with the OP. :) While giving it a quick read I noticed this tiny slip-up:

Q What is the Chicago Lightning outfit? How do I unlock it?
A The Chicago Lightning Suit is an exclusive bonus for members of Rockstar's Social Club and can be unlocked by signing in to your account from the game's main menu. This outfit can be worn at any point in the game after you've become a detective (following the Patrol desk cases) and will improve your accuracy when using a shotgun or machine gun will be improved.

Seems like you couldn't decide on the structure the latter half of the sentence should take. :p

One small errors in the OP. The Chicago Piano Gun is also being offered by Gamestop, but only to Powerup Rewards members who preordered the game by 4/30.

lucius

I preordered the PS3 version, I think the 2 version will be hard to tell the difference, but I am running out of space on 360 and I don't want one game taking up like 25 gigs.

PBalfredo

Pre-purchase content is typically sold separately as DLC for those who didn't bite first, right? Do we have any idea how much the extra missions will cost? I'm trying to decide if I should buy from Amazon and get the $15 credit and the worthless DLC, or from Wal-Mart at full price but with the DLC mission I want. If the DLC missions turn out to be $10 or so, it's a clear win for Amazon.

StuBurns

Banned
PBalfredo said:
Pre-purchase content is typically sold separately as DLC for those who didn't bite first, right? Do we have any idea how much the extra missions will cost? I'm trying to decide if I should buy from Amazon and get the $15 credit and the worthless DLC, or from Wal-Mart at full price but with the DLC mission I want. If the DLC missions turn out to be $10 or so, it's a clear win for Amazon.
Rockstar said the preorder stuff will go on general sale.

Pre-ordered this yesterday - can't wait!

Seems odd having such a big title coming out so soon after Portal 2. I love the industry releasing AAA titles in the first few months of the year now!

I'm pretty excited for this.

The idea and execution look spot on.

Quality wise I think it will either be great but flawed (like other ambitious titles published under big company names with decent budgets - eg. Heavy Rain) or incredible (like Rockstar's own RDR) but there is almost no chance it will be average or worse.

That's why I'm anticipating it so much, the setting, structure and tech is so fantastic that even if the game has it's flaws, I know I'll still love it to bits.

timmy01

Neo Member
Weenerz said:
Should have released it on PC, same with RDR. Get to work Rockstar, I want the superior version.
RDR is odd that they didn't release it for the PC being as RAGE was already ported and working decently on the PC (though still a bit sluggish).

This doesn't use the RAGE engine. Presumably the entire engine would have to be ported from scratch to the PC. A bit more understandable (though still unusual these days)

scoobs

Weenerz said:
Should have released it on PC, same with RDR. Get to work Rockstar, I want the superior version.
both games i have a feeling would look amazing on pc, especially rdr

Colocho

Banned
lucius said:
I preordered the PS3 version, I think the 2 version will be hard to tell the difference, but I am running out of space on 360 and I don't want one game taking up like 25 gigs.
Install one disc at a time, it's not like you need them all at the same time.

LProtag

Ahh, I've been spending too much money on games, but I really want this.

I might have to hold off and see if it drops in price like a lot of high profile games have been doing rather quickly for a sale.

SamuraiX-

Amazing OP! Just love how you gave it its own unique identity to match with the game. Love it!

And I'm definitely starting to get more hyped for this game now. I'll definitely buy it, but I'll probably wait until people I hear feedback from people on here. :D

NotTheGuyYouKill said:

Done.

Was going to make thumbnails for these (I might still) but was getting tired.

I should be in bed, I have to work tomorrow and it's almost 3AM.

Added the Official Launch Trailer as well.

Tomorrow Night I will do a bunch of Avatars, will also add a whole heap more screenshots as well.

Thanks again for the kind words about the OP everyone ;) I put a lot of work into it. Hopefully I'll be allowed to do more in the future as well because I quite enjoy this sort of thing.

JaseC said:
Seems like you couldn't decide on the structure the latter half of the sentence should take. :p

Fixed this too. Heh... funny.

Top Bottom