• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Peff said:

So it's like that for the entire game, or are you just guessing since the beginning is like that? It would be pretty weird to be stuck in only daytime when the game is over, or when doing side missions.

Sethos

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
So is any kind of picture starting to form yet of which version looks/performs better, if any?

There's always http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmtiuHTD3OE >.>

But seriously, nothing yet - The stream is about the cleanest we've seen yet and even if we had two identical streams, it's so hard to compare as the differences lie in subtle AA, shadows, dithering, subtle streaming issues and the FPS - Much of it is hard to spot in a stream that is already scaled down, suffering from dithering and might slow down at times.

Fjordson

Gary Whitta said:
So is any kind of picture starting to form yet of which version looks/performs better, if any?
Comparing these 360 streams to the PS3 media R* has put out, they look identical. You never know what Ars/DF will turn up, though.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Alright what the fuck, 360 version looks like it could look better than the ps3 one. Goddamnit someone do comparisons already im about to cancel my preorder.

Sethos

Banned
Not to be an ass but I will laugh to myself if the 360 version turns out equal or better than the PS3 version, purely because of the constant "OMG PS3 lead platform!1" argument and a certain fangroup stood very firm on its superiority.

Camper182

Sethos said:
Not to be an ass but I will laugh to myself if the 360 version turns out equal or better than the PS3 version, purely because of the constant "OMG PS3 lead platform!1" argument and a certain fangroup stood very firm on its superiority.
it will be atleast the same quality as the ps3 version. judging by rocktars previous games on the engine

Peff

Net_Wrecker said:
So it's like that for the entire game, or are you just guessing since the beginning is like that? It would be pretty weird to be stuck in only daytime when the game is over, or when doing side missions.

I would imagine, given that you can't not be on a case even for the side missions, there's no actual, separate free roam mode, so the day/night is always the one for your current case.

Exuro

They made her look too obvious of lying. Hoping it's more subtle later. I'm guessing this is more of a tutorial for your first real mission.

cackhyena

~Kinggi~ said:
Alright what the fuck, 360 version looks like it could look better than the ps3 one. Goddamnit someone do comparisons already im about to cancel my preorder.
Why is that? I find it hard to believe the difference would be drastic enough to justify switching from an extra case and one disc option for.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Exuro said:
They made her look too obvious of lying. Hoping it's more subtle later. I'm guessing this is more of a tutorial for your first real mission.
Well this is the first interrogation so its the tutorial

~Kinggi~

Banned
cackhyena said:
Why is that? I find it hard to believe the difference would be drastic enough to justify switching from an extra case and one disc option for.
Im concerned about AA and framerate issues. 360 looks very clean in these regards. I havent seen any great ps3 footage yet that was as crisp as this stream so its hard to tell.

Truespeed

CaLe said:
Just wondering, what's so important about Rage ... ? And why would the 360 benefit from it compared to the PS3 ?

I'm not familiar with the engine.

Thanks

There have been no HD PS3 games, using the Rage engine, this generation.

styl3s

Sethos said:
Oh the blood <3
you see how he shot the guy up top and it the splatter it made behind? then kept that splatter in the cutscene that followed?

I NEED THIS GAME IN MY LIFE

Release-date delivery is back for the 360 version at Amazon. I've put an order in and may cancel PS3.

LOL I ordered 360 originally then canceled and switched to PS3 now I am back on 360...

styl3s

as much as i want to see a comparison i dont understand why people are so damn obsessed with knowing before hand..

the game looks and runs amazing on both consoles

do you want 1 disc or 3? do you want 1 exclusive case or no? its not that hard to pick.. i picked ps3 just for the extra case.

there will be no real advantage on either console, they look and play the same.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Guys please use spoiler tags and be careful with spoilers. Don't say things like "She was lying".

cackhyena

~Kinggi~ said:
Im concerned about AA and framerate issues. 360 looks very clean in these regards. I havent seen any great ps3 footage yet that was as crisp as this stream so its hard to tell.
I guess I haven't noticed frame rate stuff before. AA isn't an issue to me, never usually is enough, anyway. Hearing that PS3 was lead for so long, I was figuring this was a Portal 2 type sitch. Just a bit better on PS3. Still, even if both those things are true, I don't think it's enough to sway me.

Sethos

Banned
styl3s said:
as much as i want to see a comparison i dont understand why people are so damn obsessed with knowing before hand..

the game looks and runs amazing on both consoles

do you want 1 disc or 3? do you want 1 exclusive case or no? its not that hard to pick.. i picked ps3 just for the extra case.

there will be no real advantage on either console, they look and play the same.

Don't give a toss about extra cases or how many discs. I care about graphics and framerates, hence why it's important. Plus it's single-player only, so no having to worry about the social aspect, what your friends are playing etc.

I'm a PC player and graphics are important to me, I don't settle for the worst.

Margalis

Banned
Radogol said:
What? You shoot an escaping suspect and it's CASE FAILED? Okay, so maybe not game of the forever after all.

What's better is that the game prompted him at that very moment telling him how to draw and aim his weapon.

I guess you are supposed to draw but not shoot? Or shoot and miss? Very unintuitive.

stupei

Radogol said:
What? You shoot an escaping suspect and it's CASE FAILED? Okay, so maybe not game of the forever after all.

They've said before it's possible to shoot to wound or fire a warning shot. Presumably if you kill a suspect the case will never be completely solved and therefor it is in fact a failed case.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
so i havent been following this game that much but do you always find all the clues or is their a base number and "extras" for the diligent who search everywhere?

Broke down just for a little bit to watch some of the stream and really like what I saw despite it looking a little more guided than I wanted. On the subject of idiot-proofing, I wish that games that involved a lot of mundane city traveling would employ an auto-drive mode whereby the player simply guides the vehicle within lanes and into turns while they're driving as the driving system automatically obeys staying within lanes and all road/street painting and according to the limits of simulated traffic laws and rules. If the player wants to go faster than the law allows or disengage with the driving system for any reason, they can at any time by simply taking more control, kinda like how Madden AI would take over the game if the player only wanted to have the sim do the work. This way, at least, the sense of driving would feel and look a bit more believable and consistent with the rules of the road within the game world and allowing players to still drive there manually instead of relying on fast map travel or waypoint warping as the only alternative. Most players are constantly running into shit and driving away with no consequence at all...which steps outside of the realism the game attempts to reinforce with all of its various details.

I'm leaning back toward 360 because I'd rather play with a controller I love rather than merely tolerate and I care more about achievements than I do about trophies. I'll miss the exclusive case, but I think I can just about handle getting off my fat ass twice in 30 hours to change discs.

I actually still have both versions set for release date delivery and may wind up with both :p

Mr Cola

Kagari said:
Create a new thread for spoilers. It's not fair to those in this thread who are trying to avoid them.
Can it be a thread just for this stream? Because id like to discuss this but not the ending

Radogol

stupei said:
They've said before it's possible to shoot to wound or fire a warning shot. Presumably if you kill a suspect the case will never be completely solved and therefor it is in fact a failed case.

All right, but where's the fun in that? I thought the entire point of ranks is to allow both good and not so good resolutions to investigations.

stupei

Gary Whitta said:
I'm leaning back toward 360 because I'd rather play with a controller I love rather than merely tolerate and I care more about achievements than I do about trophies. I'll miss the exclusive case, but I think I can just about handle getting off my fat ass twice in 30 hours to change discs.

I actually still have both versions set for release date delivery and may wind up with both :p

This is pretty much the exact inner turmoil I've been going through the past 24 hours condensed into one post.

I've got it preordered at Gamestop so I already have a bonus case, which makes the desire to play on 360 feel more justified. There are just certain games that "feel right" on certain controllers for me.

Top Bottom