• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Bondi's L.A. NOIRE |OT| Watchin' Faces, Solvin' Cases

Sethos

Banned
Stream:
Okay what the fuck, so you basically just start over if you do something that isn't bullseying the case?!

dvolovets

I'm on the fence about this game. On one hand, I love the noir aesthetic and have wanted to see a noir game for years. On the other hand, I wasn't the biggest fan of Red Dead Redemption because of how repetitive that game was. I did enjoy it, as well as the Western aesthetic, but I got sick of it near the half-way point because the gameplay was basically the same thing throughout.

Is L.A. Noire looking to be in the same vein?

Shurs

Gary Whitta said:
I'm leaning back toward 360 because I'd rather play with a controller I love rather than merely tolerate and I care more about achievements than I do about trophies. I'll miss the exclusive case, but I think I can just about handle getting off my fat ass twice in 30 hours to change discs.

I actually still have both versions set for release date delivery and may wind up with both :p

Based on the stream, the game looks really good on 360.

And, yeah, switching discs with such a long game shouldn't matter.

mileS

Tom Penny said:
Too much unnecessary vulgar language and loading.

you're really reaching with this post.

The loading is fine. It's not long at all you must have been mistaking stream lag for longer load times.

As far as the language you're insane if you think thats to the point of being "unnecessary" Have you played any mature rated games before? What was there was realistic and not overdone at all.

Tom Penny said:
Too much unnecessary vulgar language and loading.
Yeah because the last thing you expect to encounter when you're a cop dealing with the lowest criminal elements of society is inappropriate language.

Sethos

Banned
Looks like I might be leaning towards the 360 wagon, game looks good. Plus I still get my exclusive case and even my beloved 360 controller.

TheOddOne

Gary Whitta said:
Yeah because the last thing you expect to encounter when you're a cop dealing with the lowest criminal elements of society is inappropriate language.
"What the jiminy crickets is going on? I have not done any of these deeds you accuse me of!"

If it weren't for Amazon's credit I'd get the 360 version at Gamestop. :\ I want a bonus case (ugh these promotions are silly) but also want to use the credit on the 3DS games coming up.

DrBo42

This stream will return on Monday. Thanks everyone for watching. Out of respect for Rockstar we only streamed the 1st hour of the game. Return monday at 11pm EST.

Tek

Not sure if this has already been posted or not. For those of you that are curious about midnight launches, Rockstar has posted this store finder.

Looks like all the gamestops in my area are doing midnight launches.

Link: Midnight Launch Locator

cackhyena

So I just changed my pre order on Amazon to 360 after thinking that my friend could give it a whirl since he has an Xbox after I'm done with it, since I know he won't try it any other way, most likely. Also, the controller. God, I'm flip floppy on this game. Anyways, looking at the total, I'm paying 15 something, when I was paying 20 something after all my credit for the PS3 version. I think they let me use the credit from my first pre order already. Yeah, I'm not gonna complain.

Aspiring

S1kkZ said:
the ps3 exclusive case is only in the us (i think). dont know about a 360 case.

is this true? I know the PAL boxart for PS3 says nothing but usually it's just one of those horrible big round stickers they put on the boxes. Would be nice though as I'm grabbing the 360 version and an extra case would be sweet!

styl3s

MuseManMike said:
That's on your end man. I haven't had a single hiccup since the stream began.
20+mbit connection, never had a problem streaming youtube, hulu, netflix, justin.tv or streaming 1080p videos from zune MP.

had 2-3 lag hiccups.

it's not my end

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I used a GS giftcard I got for my birthday to preorder the PS3 version. Its never been the repetitive nature of the gameplay thats bothered me about R* games, most games have you do the same shit over and over anyway, its whether or not you enjoy that style of play that exacerbates how tired of it you get. For me its the type of missions and the hackneyed way R* goes out of its way to make you fail. GTAIV was ridiculous with that and finally R* got wise with RDR, lowered the frustration level in a lot of the missions and also had a "fuck this shit" option Outside of chasing/tailing people, the amount of annoying missions is probably low here, and as long as the NCPs have to follow the same laws and physics that the player does, then hopefully there shouldn't be a problem.

styl3s

Tek said:
Not sure if this has already been posted or not. For those of you that are curious about midnight launches, Rockstar has posted this store finder.

Looks like all the gamestops in my area are doing midnight launches.

Link: Midnight Launch Locator
figures my GS that i pre-ordered at isn't doing it, the one like 20 miles away is.

never get midnight launches around here /shrug , oh well by the time i get it and get back i wouldn't have time to play anyways i goto work early in the morning.

Plasmid

Gary Whitta said:
Just FYI both versions are currently available for release date shipping at Amazon.

What times do they usually arrive? Normal UPS times i'd guess?

I'm thinking about going to a midnight release honestly, picking it up and playing the shit out of it, i don't feel like waiting, and the gamestop 2 miles from me is doing it.

Shurs

Plasmid said:
What times do they usually arrive? Normal UPS times i'd guess?

8am to 7pm

It totally depends on where you are on the driver's route, how many packages they have that day, traffic, etc.

Sorry if this has already been answered but what ever happened with the whole $10 online code for this game? Is it only pertaining to the exclusive cases?

Vampire Baseball said:
My Xbox just red-ringed and my PS3 YLOD on me a short time ago. The universe dosen't want me playing this game.
Did you hear about this $100 coupon from amazon if you get a PS3? Go for it. Lord Tretton demands it.

Eric WK

storl026 said:
Content pre-order bonuses need to stop. It's ridiculous.

Yeah, I keep weighing my options. I really want the Naked City case and badge challenge from Gamestop... but I don't want to shop at Gamestop.

Shurs

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
UPS here sucks. My house doesn't usually get a delivery until after 5:00pm (Fed Ex delivers by 11 am usually).

That actually makes sense as a lot of people work from 9-5.

Top Bottom