• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 gameplay video

Drensch said:
And while we're at it, put that game on Wii.
Not likely. Wrong demographic for wii.

I love the animation and art style of this one. Valve's giving us great value for our $. Day one purchase. Nextgen puttin' a serious hurtin' on the bank account.

squicken

Why isn't this showing up in Steam for an HD download? Looks awesome, but I want higher rez. I really hope this ships sometime late '06 early '07.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pseudo judo said:
Not likely. Wrong demographic for wii.

I love the animation and art style of this one. Valve's giving us great value for our $. Day one purchase. Nextgen puttin' a serious hurtin' on the bank account.
TEH KIDDIE

BlueLegs

This game is going to rape my social life.

I loved the rocket jumping bit at the end, especially the way one of the guys died when he hit the ground, reminds me of the old days.

Mojovonio

Banned
BlueLegs said:
This game is going to rape my social life.

I loved the rocket jumping bit at the end, especially the way one of the guys died when he hit the ground, reminds me of the old days.

Yep. This game will show everything that is missing in games these days.

Luckett_X

Banned
It doesnt seem right that when buying this you get Half Life Episode 2 and Portal alongside it. Thats like... 3 games for 1. all pretty much AAA. It.... what!

Sander

God that was so insanely hot. I hope the Hunted map makes a return. I loved killing those pesky snipers as a medic.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Haha ok...that was HOLY ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I loved TFC back in the days, can't wait to play this. Looks great, sounds great, has a great sense of humor. I'm all over it! :D

Mojovonio

Banned
Kiriku said:
Haha ok...that was HOLY ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I loved TF2 back in the days, can't wait to play this. Looks great, sounds great, has a great sense of humor. I'm all over it! :D

huh?

Jesus 2Fort is like an entirely different map and I really enjoy that. Some of the little things they added make it look so much better. The country theme is very much welcomed by myself.

I also noticed the classes are WAY more balanced this time.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Good god, that was so freaking sweet, I had a giant shit eating grin on my face through the whole trailer and I guarantee you that doesn't happen often.

element

blazinglasers said:
the art and the tech of this looks amazing, and incredibly fun. is this coming to consoles too? please?
the funny thing is this is the same tech used in Ep 2. Now the tools used outside of the tech might be different such as this is Valve's test bed for Maya. They have been using XSI for everything until now.

Ark-AMN

Banned
element said:
the funny thing is this is the same tech used in Ep 2. Now the tools used outside of the tech might be different such as this is Valve's test bed for Maya. They have been using XSI for everything until now.
Hehe, I hope they go with Maya, cause I love Maya! :D

holy **** that was awesome. Spy all the way for me.

Medic wasn't in the video.... odd...

Remember kids this comes with episode 2!

REV 09

wow, this looks stellar. So Portal, TF2, and Half Life 2 are all shipping for $59.99? I may have to actually buy this...been gameflying everything lately.

Javaman

I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.... HL2 runs well only craptastic system, but I've never been able to get EP1 to load without crashing. Hopefully this one won't be effected by the same bug. That said, engineer class, here I come.

confrimed, I'm getting the PS3 version, I don't have the patience of re-installing HL2 on my PC, rather get it on a next gen console.

uses Pyro fire to lag you

element

Grayman said:
Is the original TF mod team connected to this? were they even connected to tfc?
after valve bought TF, those guys became employees of Valve and have been working there ever since. They were the leads on the transition from TF to TFc, and then went on to work on TF2(old), and are probably working on TF2(new)

Grayman

element said:
after valve bought TF, those guys became employees of Valve and have been working there ever since. They were the leads on the transition from TF to TFc, and then went on to work on TF2(old), and are probably working on TF2(new)
Ok good to know the series is in good hands.

I wasn't a half life 1 fan so naturally I didn't like TFC much either. Original was the game for me, or the q3f clone.

When this game comes out it will shatter records. Similtaneous release on 360 PC and PS3. I don't know too many gamers who wouldn't spend the money to get all that goodness in one nice package. I can't freaking wait. Does Valve have stock? No really......

Top Bottom