• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Fortress 2 gameplay video

asa

Hahah, that was so funny and cool! I cant belive how well animation is blended with gameplay. :)

Did anyone else spott the "Wilhelm" at 02.42? :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It looks great and all but anyone else concern that this is just practically an update of TF? Is there really any new features in TF2?

Rorschach

They didn't show pyro abilities...I like the new camo for spy, but it was so much fun trying to blend in with the other team or making people think you're a heavy and run away.

I wonder if you can still conc jump.

Btw- is it just me or do none of the weapons or actions feel like they have weight to them? There's no sense of impact. Hopefully, that will be fixed.

PS: where's medic?!

FightyF

Banned
Wario64 said:
It looks great and all but anyone else concern that this is just practically an update of TF? Is there really any new features in TF2?

Can't answer your question...but personally I don't mind it being just a visual update for TF.

I said this to the FLF guys making the new Frontline Force for Source...I wouldn't mind the original game with beefed up visuals and some gameplay tweaks, but they're looking at adding vehicles and all that jazz, apparently.

Rorschach

Anyone else like dust bowl? Everyone hated the second area because it just begged to be demo spammed, but I loved sending wave after wave of people and finally slipping through. I loved the attack/defend maps. *fakes death at church*

Kleegamefan said:
fixed
Best of all, *every* next gen platform(PC,PS3,X360) gets the game at the same time!!!

And after Newell kept whining about console development.

I wonder how the console SKUs will break down. Will we see a $70-$80 Special Edition SKU with TF2/LC/Ep1/Ep2/Portal/TF2, and a $50-$60 SKU with less (maybe just Ep2/Portal/TF2)?

SyNapSe

Rorschach said:
Anyone else like dust bowl? Everyone hated the second area because it just begged to be demo spammed, but I loved sending wave after wave of people and finally slipping through. I loved the attack/defend maps. *fakes death at church*

Not so much, dustbowl was a fun switch up map.. but with good players if the limit was high enough it could become impossible to get through.

I liked a lot of the custom maps.. Acropolis was one of my favorites... shutdown2 I played a lot also.. it's hard to remember the names even after spending years playing it. This new game looks very nice, but they hadn't shown a lot outside of the rocket jumping.. will there be concing? So HH'ing, and double concs (not so useful but fun to practice will be back)

Concing aside we didn't see any nades outside of the demo's secondary multiple spawn nade. I wonder what will be back.. I wonder if they removed Pyro's. They were mostly useless at the clan level, but so were spies also. The invisible trick should solve that.. changing to look like one of the other teams classes isn't very effective in a 5v5 where the sides are on TS/vent.

The game looks great, I can't wait. I hope they allow some reasonable hook programs like Sparkys which let you see the speed you were bunny hopping at, and nade timers etc. Things that you could track on your own mentally but that a GUI timer/visual helped a lot.
I quit because in 1.6 they got rid of these.. I stayed on 1.5 until the very day they shut it down. :( If they take all of that out of it they remove a lot of what made it unique, I spent a ton of hours with guildmates, etc. running through maps like conc_hell or the pipeconc maps just trying to improve my hh, water concs and being able to do some of them while mid-bhop.

JB1981

gutter_trash said:
confrimed, I'm getting the PS3 version, I don't have the patience of re-installing HL2 on my PC, rather get it on a next gen console.

uses Pyro fire to lag you

This game is coming to consoles?

Rorschach

SyNapSe said:
Not so much, dustbowl was a fun switch up map.. but with good players if the limit was high enough it could become impossible to get through.
Someone would eventually make it through if the team was good.

So HH'ing, and double concs (not so useful but fun to practice will be back)
Double concs rocked for the maps with the high areas. You could traverse 80% of the canyons with a double conc. That would ensure that you don't get caught on the way. :p And of course, there were the conc heavy user maps.

I wonder if they removed Pyro's.
There's one in the video posted here (he gets sniped).

Rlan

Rocket jump!!!!!

God, reminds me of my Rocket Arena Days.

3.jpg

This is ****ing incredible. I love Valve more than I can say. That spy was hilarious, the art direction completely holds up in-game, and there's rocket jumping. I need this now.

It'll be interesting to see how the gameplay balance turns out. The strength of each class seems so extreme. Regardless though it should definitely be fun.

Cdammen

Abso-fu**ing-insanely-cool! My rig needs more memory and a new graphics card and I'm all set for this sweet voluptuous baby :O

Grayman

KyanMehwulfe said:
It'll be interesting to see how the gameplay balance turns out. The strength of each class seems so extreme. Regardless though it should definitely be fun.
it's just an animated trailer. I doubt the game is balanced like the video at all.

Solo

I gave up on TF2 years ago. Looks like I was wrong in that decision. Now all I need is some DNF (believe! :lol ) and the circle is complete!

teepo

element said:
after valve bought TF, those guys became employees of Valve and have been working there ever since. They were the leads on the transition from TF to TFc, and then went on to work on TF2(old), and are probably working on TF2(new)

i think the mod team that created halflife2 deathmatch, cs:source, etc etc etc and such is working on tf2. i bet the original members behind tf might have some things to do with it but at the same time are working on an entirely revamped version of the old tf2 that we saw years ago.

i also have a feeling tf2 will ship with three maps like dod source :(

[url=http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/halflife2episode2/news.html?sid=6156366]Justin Calvert - Gamespot[/url] said:
We look forward to bringing you more information on the game, which will ship as part of the Half-Life 2: Episode Two package toward the end of this year, as soon as it becomes available.
Is this:
a) a poorly written sentence
b) saying TF2 ships this year
c) misinformed
d) all of the above

Last Hope

Looks good.

I just bought Day of Defeat a few weeks ago. Man I suck. Not sure I should buy this game, I sucked at the original.

Bigfoot

I hope the Pyro is still there. I loved pissing off all the opposing teams snipers. Man, I loved TFC. It is the game I played the most online... I was even in a clan.

Top Bottom