• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Ninja & Nintendo - NEW METROID on Wii!

Somnid

Router said:
One game. One single God damn game. Is that really all they had that was remotely interesting?

Sigh... I eagerly await my new Metroid since Nintendo has nothing else for me. Ill wake up my Wii when it gets here.

Apparenly it was so awesome you forgot Galaxy 2.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Best news out of Nintendo's PC. And one of the best surprises so far for this E3.

Banned
It was hard to keep track of what was going on. 2D elements? 1st person into 3rd person, really interested to see what's going on in this one.

kamikaze

another thing for fans of classic 2d metroid to groan about. surely one of these years it'll get the "new super mario bros." treatment and we'll see a return to 2d metroid.

still, i'm intrigued about the project. will watch.

Gilgamesh

OH GOD YES ALL OVER MY FACE THIS IS THE BEST ANNOUNCEMENT E3 2009

MY HOPES ARE MET AND SURPASSED

BLESS YOU NINTENDO BLESS YOU

billy.sea

Banned
I think Team Ninja would be the most ideal team to work on Metroid, they picked the best developer for it.
It seems like it will have a very good story to go with it too.

How is a Metroid announcement a megaton? Especially given it's being headed by a team of an unknown calibre who've only previously worked on updated ports.

Cygnus X-1

This game came out of nowhere...and it looks gorgeous. It was THE surprise with Golden Sun DS.

Well done Nintendo.

LiK

Metroid Gaiden all the way. the cutscenes look pretty nice. this will be their first test without many of the old crew and Itagaki.

Tiktaalik

I have no idea what the gameplay even was here. There seemed to be parts that were side scrolling, 3rd person parts and 1st person parts. There was TONS of storyline stuff though which looked really, really cool, since Metroid is probably one of the only Nintendo franchises with a solid storyline.

scitek

rockman zx said:
Team NINJA?. blow my mind, please don't suck. But why not Retro?. Also I believe he says that is heavy on plot. Yay.

Reggie was just asked "why not Retro" by G4, and he said they are hard at work on something else that shows their strengths in other areas...but also that they won't be showing what they're working on at this E3. :(

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
666 said:
Awwwwwww hell....!!!!!!! Now NO ONE saw this coming!!! Jump from 1st to 3rd person! Metroid Gaiden?

HEY! HOW AND WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE A THREAD I STARTED??

:lol never seen that happen before.

oh 500 Internal Server Error, you silly thing!

donny2112

Xater said:
I will be there for Metroid Gaiden :D

Hmmm. Metroid + Castlevania = Metroidvania. Metroid + Ninja Gaiden = Metroid Gaiden. Castlevania + Ninja Gaiden = 3-D Castlevania that doesn't stink?

not a megaton for me. more like a cardboard box painted black with "1 Ton" on the side.

nintendo. you continue to throw your normal franchises at us and say you're giving us hardcore when you're not. if you're gonna get team ninja to help you give us hardcore then let them do a new IP or something.

you really don't fucking get it...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Fucking awesome trailer. Seriously. I want to rewatch it again. It was THAT good. Holy shit. Fuuuuck.

scitek

Rindain said:
I love how this came out of EFFING NOWHERE.

Nintendo totally ownd NeoGAF (and the rest of the internet).

Yeah, I saw the waves and crashing lighning and I was like Team NINJA? WHAAAA???!!

ZiZ

they'd better keep the dialog to a minimum, and kill of every human who isn't samus in the first 5 minutes.

Balb

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
not a megaton for me. more like a cardboard box painted black with "1 Ton" on the side.

nintendo. you continue to throw your normal franchises at us and say you're giving us hardcore when you're not. if you're gonna get team ninja to help you give us hardcore then let them do a new IP or something.

Is this some kind of sick joke?

nestea

Regulus Tera said:
This almost makes up for the lack of Sin and Punishment 2 footage.

Almost.

What was up with that anyways. Did they even mention it? At least it's at E3 for sure.

jman2050

Commanche Raisin Toast said:

This is stupid.

Xabora

Superblatt said:
What? Team Ninja is making a METROID game?
Nothing Else Matters!

2md5ls3.jpg

nli10

After the atrocity that was Primex3 this actually looks like it could be fun.

Possibly too scripted from the vid, but we will see.

Ed: thread MERGING - REAL MEGATON!!!

Burai

shitonmychest57
billy.sea said:
I think Team Ninja would be the most ideal team to work on Metroid, they picked the best developer for it.
It seems like it will have a very good story to go with it too.

Yeah, Team Ninja are famous for their deep storylines and adventures.

Hmmmm.

That's the biggest worry really. The trailer looked like a Ninja Gaiden game. It will be interesting to see what sort of adventuring element there is to it if any.

I gave the Prime games two chances (1 and 3), and I didn't really like either of the ones I played. I'm happy to see Nintendo try giving it to a different developer than Retro and making a break from the Prime series.

If they had announced Prime 4, I don't think I'd be even marginally interested.

Also, I still want a new 2D one more than anything.

ilikeme

Team Ninja plot-heavy Metroid? :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Well let's hope the gameplay holds up but seems like this is NOT going to be atmospheric awesome Metroid. Other M for sur

Thrakier

So since when is Team Ninja better than Retro? I don't know...was never a big fan of the Ninja Gaiden games for several reasons.

Top Bottom