• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 6: fap without fear thread (GONE GOLD)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The TEKKEN 6 Thread!

532307603_dbf85acc66_o.jpg

=================
TEKKEN 6

RELEASE DATE:
ARCADES NOW
PS3 - October 27th, 2009 (US), October 29th, 2009 (EU, JPN, ASIA)
XBOX 360 - October 27th, 2009 (US), October 29th, 2009 (EU, JPN, ASIA)
PSP - Nov. 2009 (US, EU, JPN, ASIA)

* TEKKEN 6 (console version) is based off the arcade follow up, TEKKEN 6: Bloodline Rebellion (released Dec. 2008).

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Tekken 6 is now official! Slated to come out by the end of 2007, the latest installment will hit arcades boasting the biggest cast of characters the series has ever seen! Three new characters have been introduced Miguel, Leo and Zafina.

MEDIA:
- Official Tekken 6 AOU 2007 Trailer (YouTube Video)
- Tekken 6 Screens (SDTEKKEN.COM)

TEKKEN LINKS:
- Tekken Official (JPN)
- Tekken Zaibatsu
- SD TEKKEN - TEKKEN 6 NEWS BLOG
- NeoGAF Tekken 5: DR (PS3) Thread

UPDATE LOG:

UPDATE 03/10/08 - Kikizo Tekken 6 Hands On Preview - By Majik

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
UPDATE

鉄拳6 3人目のキャラは?
今週発売のゲーム雑誌
>3人目の新キャラは男くさいキャラになるそうです

3rd character? A male character?

---

Arcadia Magazine (Japanese arcade gaming magazine) will feature Tekken 6 in their May issue which goes on sale 3/30.

Dahbomb

The info is all great and stuff but my god why do the graphics look like PS2 om quality? I would've believed the trailer had they mentioned that it was Tekken 6 for the PS2.

Oh well whatever, I will still end up getting this and playing it to death because I am part of the Tekken Defence Force.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
jiggle said:
I don't understand D:
why not?

Equipment buffs, in a fighting game. Imagine inviting your friends over, then playing with your quest mode character.

Dahbomb

Yeah it's like in SC3 where the stats on your weapons actually apply. Only this time the weapons gain additional moves...

I don't think its going to be nearly as bad as most people think.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I for one support non-stereotypes of female characters... getting a bit tired of the leather-super-cleavage ghettup.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
From the footage on the trailer, Haruki Suzaki noted that the game portion shown at AOU2007 was 15% complete.

Thunderbear said:
I for one support non-stereotypes of female characters... getting a bit tired of the leather-super-cleavage ghettup.

Tekken isn't DOA. there's plenty of female characters in it already that don't fit the "super cleavage" stereotype. Julia and Michelle Chang immediately come to mind, as do Asuka, Jun, Kunimitsu and mayyyybe Ling Xiaoyu.

Tekken's roster tends to border more on the ridiculous (fighting bears and robots) and less on the super cleavage model

KTallguy

Banned
Equipment giving you new moves could be good IF they only change how a current move in your arsenal works, and the properties of the move aren't different at all.

Dahbomb said:
Yeah it's like in SC3 where the stats on your weapons actually apply. Only this time the weapons gain additional moves...

I don't think its going to be nearly as bad as most people think.

You have a specific versus mode for this though in SC3. Hopefully Tekken will have seperate vs modes for this too,.

Pimpbaa

Thunderbear said:

No straight man ever gets tired of cleavage.

tha_con

Banned
MarkMan said:
From the footage on the trailer, Haruki Suzaki noted that the game portion shown at AOU2007 was 15% complete.

Just food for thought, but 15% would suggest that there is more than just the game engine that is being reworked?

Call me crazy, but I don't remember the last time a developer went out of their way to complete stages and characters only to re-model and re-map all the textures, and improve it that greatly during the scope of development from initial showing to final version.

I just don't see Tekken looking any better than it is right now, at least not for Tekken 6 Arcades. Maybe more time will yield more results on the PS3, but even then I find that hard to believe.

gwiz210

Please come to xbox 360 :( Please...
This is one of the games I would be willing to spend 600 bucks for. Tekken 1, 2, 3, tag, 5 and DR are some of my favorite fighting games but I just cant afford sony's next gen plan. At least i'll be able to play it at the arcade. My local arcade is run by tekken fanboys :D

AAK

MarkMan said:
UPDATE

鉄拳6 3人目のキャラは?
今週発売のゲーム雑誌
>3人目の新キャラは男くさいキャラになるそうです

3rd character? A male character?

---

Arcadia Magazine (Japanese arcade gaming magazine) will feature Tekken 6 in their May issue which goes on sale 3/30.

2 DAYS!

HOORAY!

mardukthrow.gif
djinlazer.gif

All Aboard the HYPE train!

So, their proof is that Leo looks and sounds like a girl, even though the developers wouldn't say and it has a pretty masculine figure and clothes?

Have these people EVER played a Japanese game?

AAK

MarkMan said:
鉄拳6 3人目のキャラは?
今週発売のゲーム雑誌
>3人目の新キャラは男くさいキャラになるそうです

Babelfish Translation:

As for キャラ of iron fist 6 3 public attention? This week new キャラ of game magazine 3 public attention of sale becomes the man ill-smelling キ ャ ラ, so is

:lol Damn, some proper translation would be nice.

AAK

Dahbomb said:
Why do the graphics look like PS2 om quality?Tekken Defence Force.

Common man, the graphics destroy PS2.

Tekken 5 DR on Arcade:
1151656289_Kneeskill.gif

v/s

Tekken 6 on PS3:
Tlqkf.gif

v/s

Tekken DR on PSP:
bryanfb2.gif

:lol :lol Leo is going to be the first character I pick when I get this. It looks like a girl, but this is a Japanese game, so you know what that means, don't you?

Rhazer Fusion said:
:lol :lol Leo is going to be the first character I pick when I get this. It looks like a girl, but this is a Japanese game, so you know what that means, don't you?
Leo is a tranny confirmed. :)

karasu

Manmademan said:
Tekken isn't DOA. there's plenty of female characters in it already that don't fit the "super cleavage" stereotype. Julia and Michelle Chang immediately come to mind, as do Asuka, Jun, Kunimitsu and mayyyybe Ling Xiaoyu.

Tekken's roster tends to border more on the ridiculous (fighting bears and robots) and less on the super cleavage model

Asuka's Geisha outfit is one of the hottest things I've ever seen in a game. Namco's girls own Team Ninja's.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Rhazer Fusion said:

Raised as a boy confirmed.

so was it ever confirmed that the craptacular trailer they released a couple of months ago was from an arcade build and nothing like the ps3 version?

Top Bottom