• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, Akuma/Gouki announced as playable character

What a big mistake to write your characters into alien hunters and iron chefs.

Iron_Chef.JPG

I miss that show.

AmyS

I see what you did there.

Hehe.

Ridge Racer Type-8, you say?

this cruel world

Just Ridge Racer 8. Would like it to be more like Rage Racer than Ridge Racer Type 4, and nitrous should either be gone, or very limited and the physics (what physics?) should be a bit more 'deliberate' for lack of a better word.

Think how much Namco could do for graphics with Unreal Engine 4 and PS4, compared to RR7 in 2006 on PS3 as a launch game.

BTW guys, the original working title for Tekken, as a decal on the Ridge Racer car in the original arcade game.

GZBdNBv.jpg

BTW, Tekken 7 Fated Retribution needs to be console-exclusive to PS4, for reasons.

Wow that Xiaoyu costume is incredibly cool. My favorite look she's ever had. Too bad I don't like her play style and would never play her lol.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Wow that Xiaoyu costume is incredibly cool. My favorite look she's ever had. Too bad I don't like her play style and would never play her lol.

She's my main, so i'll play her twice as much for you x)

I really like how they updated not just her clothes but her character model too, she really looks like her age now

tumblr_nz98k1f5TK1qiodg3o1_1280.png

Just had to post it again, such beauty x)

Vex_

Banned

Yea too bad about her playstyle. She is actually trash tier.

She's free online to me.

Her name should be Ling Freeyu

Neoxon

I really like how they updated not just her clothes but her character model too, she really looks like her age now

It's beautiful. Wait until she finds out that Jin is still alive.

Rajang

Yeah, she looks beautiful.

Love this pose as well:

AcrobaticMintyGerenuk.gif

♥‿♥

Vex_

Banned
I'll admit Freeyu looks so.... Confident now. I think that is what makes her so attractive.

She has finally grown out of her cutesy neon pink and yellow phase fully now.

Unfortunately, I don't think she will ever be a relevant character in t7 without Jin being present. :)

>:)

Inuhanyou

I'll admit Freeyu looks so.... Confident now. I think that is what makes her so attractive.

She has finally grown out of her cutesy neon pink and yellow phase fully now.

Unfortunately, I don't think she will ever be a relevant character in t7 without Jin being present. :)

>:)

This+is+the+bait+file+i+got+with+the+most+_c9f53c150b557b4ee63f1ccbfc13eca5.png

The game version does look like it has a visual filter of some sort on it. I wonder if this can be added to the console game, maybe with the option to toggle this filter on and off?

Xiaoyu's face since she was introduced always had this uncanny valley aspect to it. Something about her mouth and proportions and distance of her eyes just seemed off. That finally seems to be gone.
latest

Inuhanyou

She hasn't looked like that in CG since T3 guys..

And it was weird because her actual anime ending had her look cute

hqdefault.jpg

She hasn't looked like that in CG since T3 guys..

And it was weird because her actual anime ending had her look cute

hqdefault.jpg

You don't have to defend the character. She's great. I want her to get married to Jin for story purposes. We need a young married fighting couple. A Tekken wedding would be fucking fantastic.

Marriage%2BKung%2BFu.jpg

Yeah her costume looks great. And she looks more mature. Love the design.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Really stoked to see who else returns now that we've got these sweet costume updates. Most interested in seeing Lei and Kuma return now. If they don't half-ass Kuma's fur, it could potentially look pretty impressive.

Also, Paul/Law/Alisa/Hwoarang/Devil Jin/Steve costume updates when?

The Kree

Banned
They must have two people and a hamster working on it if it's taking this long and we haven't seen so much as a screenshot.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
No clue, but doubtful

Bro, I hope you're right. I don't want to buy a new console just for one game.

That we've gone this long and haven't gotten confirmation one way or the other aside from some non-specific wording in a press release at Paris Games Week has me worried a bit.

You don't have to defend the character. She's great. I want her to get married to Jin for story purposes. We need a young married fighting couple. A Tekken wedding would be fucking fantastic.

I wasn't dissing Ling; I mained her half the time in T3. But her features were pretty rough there for a while. I hope now that they're making her 'adult' they'll beef up her moveset to be more competitive. A Tekken wedding could be cool, but would probably end up as a bride vs groom tag team match, and Nina and Anna throwing cake knives at each other.

Ferrio

Banned
Maybe I'll actually learn how to play tekken this time (and remember how). I've been gliding by on whatever Ling T3 knowledge I have left in my brain.

Inuhanyou

Is there any word on the type of game modes this one will have? Is character customization back?

Even arcade has character customization at this point. Its a standard feature that will be fully expanded in the console release.

We also know there is likely to be a really in depth story mode based on the fact that the story, and closing the Mishima part of Tekken after so long is supposed to be the biggest part about this game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Even arcade has character customization at this point. Its a standard feature that will be fully expanded in the console release.

We also know there is likely to be a really in depth story mode based on the fact that the story, and closing the Mishima part of Tekken after so long is supposed to be the biggest part about this game.

Neat. Guess I can hold off getting TTT2 until this comes out. Thanks!

Top Bottom