• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 - October 4/5 Location Test Being Streamed on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horseress

I want to strangle each and every person talking about toning down the sparks. After a time, you won't even realize they're there.

Harada, don't listen to them!

People complained about them when KI was first shown. Now the sparks are still there and nobody that plays the game complains about it. Same will happen with T7

#teamsparks

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
There is still bound but all the moves that can bound for each character has changed.

that first move katarina does in that gif bounded the opponent.

You mean like Bryan's f + 4,1 bounds, but there isn't a bound with say B+2 after a popup attack?

You get a pick up if you catch them off guard or they're hit with a counter I take it. Which is still Tekken.

The slow downs at the end are like hole in one animations. They slow down because it's possibly the last hit, like in Pure Pool. lol

Doomshine

There is still bound but all the moves that can bound for each character has changed.

that first move katarina does in that gif bounded the opponent.

It's like in Revolution, so bound is not in the game like in T6 or Tag 2.

LOL wtf at the slowmo dick jab.

CSX

You mean like Bryan's f + 4,1 bounds, but there isn't a bound with say B+2 after a popup attack?

You get a pick up if you catch them off guard or they're hit with a counter I take it. Which is still Tekken.

If i had to guess it's like the bounds you see in Tekken Revolution where only a few select moves enter a opponent in a bound state but you can never bound in a juggle.

Kinda like Laws ff43 on ground or Alisa uf44 on ground

EDIT: thanks for confirmation Doomshine :p

Disappointed that Miguel wasn't in the loketest, but I'm not worried about him being cut, especially since he was in the T7 trailer.

Claudio looks cool, besides the eye tattoo... >_>

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
During that Lars and Heihachi fight they both go in for say a charge move. Are they confirmed to be special super moves or just their typical unblockables? I would want some conditions (maybe) because what they had with unblockables in Tekken already was fine. It worked. It was a raw guess. I don't know if actual super arts would add anything beneficial to Tekken.

a lot of non-playable characters showed up in the T7 merchandise:

Lee

tumblr_m2urdqN2GX1r6uulr.gif

Kumubou

Any changes to throw escapes? That's what I was most looking for.
They've kept a lot of changes from TRevo, and in that game throw breaks worked the same but the throw break window was way bigger. Wouldn't surprise me if they kept that or put the break window somewhere between TTT2 and TRevo.

I'm curious to see if they kept the backwalk animations from TRevo as well, as it helped low level play (and also make low level movement look way less jank) while not really affecting experienced players.

AllenShrz

Ok, so here is the deal.

I played 4 matches and watched about 3 hrs of other matches. They were all online matches against the Osaka branch.

The place was very small for the amount of people that went, I was number 46 and I had to wait like 2.30 hrs to play those 4 matches.

Fortunately you didn't have to wait all the time in line and you could watch in a big projector the matches or play TT2 while you wait for them to call your number.

This is the screen for choosing your character

So the game was obviously still in development because the framerate was under 30 on some stages or while some flashy super move was on the screen, making it very difficult to play.

The goods:
  • Kasuya looks amazing with his new outfit and his electric is quite well done, it emits lights sources and it just look powerful.
  • Katarina looks fun to play, I like her design. She's quite the button masher with lots of kicks. She reminds me of Hwoarang because her style, but she adds her unique flavor.
  • Law looks awesome, so does Xiaoyu.
  • The materials used on the dress of Lili look stellar, they do add to the character.
  • Multiple levels on the stages, one had like 3 or 4.

The bad:
  • No Jin, no sale.
  • Alisa face! WTF! she looks so odd.
  • Particles everywhere! It looks good from afar and while you are new to the game but after watching matches for hours, they do get tiresome. Too many and for the simplest of hits.
  • Supers?! WTF, they ripped them by heart from SF4. When you perform it the action stops and focus to the character then if they hit they will make their move and all but is a straight copy of how they look from SF4. They are super easy to perform and they take 50% of your life. I really didn't like them.
  • The gameplay felt a lot like Revolution, not T6 or TT2... I don't like Revolution.
  • Framerate was terrible ... but is a beta so I shouldn't complain a lot about that.
  • About the stages, the dojo was good, the other ones looked plain.
  • No music.

So that's that, Ill go back and play more later.
And this are the things they gave away and you can buy your bana passport for 100Y, T7 related.

Doomshine

I'm curious to see if they kept the backwalk animations from TRevo as well, as it helped low level play (and also make low level movement look way less jank) while not really affecting experienced players.

It is in. Speaking of which... has anyone seen a clean Korean backdash in any of these videos? Everyone that tries it seems to be struggling with it so I'm wondering if something has changed with the movement system.

Kaz looks so fucking sick

The "ultras" don't look bad at all and the new KO ending is awesome.

Looks like TR and DR had a baby. Guess I have to install TR again

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
The bad:
  • No Jin, no sale.
  • Particles everywhere! It looks good from afar and while you are new to the game but after watching matches for hours, they do get tiresome. Too many and for the simplest of hits.
    [*]Supers?! WTF, they ripped them by heart from SF4. When you perform it the action stops and focus to the character then if they hit they will make their move and all but is a straight copy of how they look from SF4. They are super easy to perform and they take 50% of your life. I really didn't like them.
  • The gameplay felt a lot like Revolution, not T6 or TT2... I don't like Revolution.
  • Framerate was terrible ... but is a beta so I shouldn't complain a lot about that.
  • No music.

Yeah, the more I see, the less I like about it. Just saw Xiaoyu try to do a super and it was straight-up blocked. It really screwed up the flow for no good reason.

It is in. Speaking of which... has anyone seen a clean Korean backdash in any of these videos? Everyone that tries it seems to be struggling with it so I'm wondering if something has changed with the movement system.
I wonder the same thing, because people have struggled (Especially Kazuya in Kazuya vs Bryan). On Aris's stream, they were laughing at how tiny Xiaoyu's backdash was.

I haven't really liked Tekken since Tag on PS2 but I'm hopeful Namco can turn this into something great, then again based on what I'm reading here thats a long way off.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Don't get your hopes high, is common here that the new games at the arcades come on modified PC hardware.

I wonder if they increased air time to juggles since they got rid of the bounce feature? I realize that multiple hits can increase distance from the player. I wonder if they added anything to improve the combo system.

Dahbomb

I made this comment before, no one picked up on it but glad to see people are noticing it now. Back dash canceling in general seems to be nerfed but I don't want to make too quick of a judgment on it because it could just be execution errors.

Sayah

AllenShrz, thanks a lot for those impressions. Hopefully, the people playing gave them some really good feedback. I thought bounds were in but I guess not. I didn't enjoy Revolution much either myself. :/ We'll see. It's still in the very early stages so a lot can change.

Manbig

That is still flow. A player dominating with a barrage of attacks is still in the flow. Doing a single input command for both players to sit and watch a long sequence breaks the flow. I like how Tekken coresponds each attack to an input. Even long King throws require a ton of inputs to complete.

I don't want some super input to turn into some "ATATATATATATATATA!!!!" finisher.

From what we've seen so far, none of the supers seem to take any longer than some of the fancier throws in the game, so I think you are very much making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Dlent

Aris found footage of a backdash, and they cover almost no distance now. No footage of KBD yet, maybe because it's not worth doing.

AllenShrz

I made this comment before, no one picked up on it but glad to see people are noticing it now. Back dash canceling in general seems to be nerfed but I don't want to make too quick of a judgment on it because it could just be execution errors.

Is there, I saw it but they didn't last long.

Since the framerate was allover the place, I bet it was more difficult to perform. So are the electrics, many ppl were trying to but few actually perform them.

Ok, so here is the deal.

I played 4 matches and watched about 3 hrs of other matches. They were all online matches against the Osaka branch.

The place was very small for the amount of people that went, I was number 46 and I had to wait like 2.30 hrs to play those 4 matches.

Fortunately you didn't have to wait all the time in line and you could watch in a big projector the matches or play TT2 while you wait for them to call your number.

This is the screen for choosing your character

So the game was obviously still in development because the framerate was under 30 on some stages or while some flashy super move was on the screen, making it very difficult to play.

The goods:
  • Kasuya looks amazing with his new outfit and his electric is quite well done, it emits lights sources and it just look powerful.
  • Katarina looks fun to play, I like her design. She's quite the button masher with lots of kicks. She reminds me of Hwoarang because her style, but she adds her unique flavor.
  • Law looks awesome, so does Xiaoyu.
  • The materials used on the dress of Lili look stellar, they do add to the character.
  • Multiple levels on the stages, one had like 3 or 4.

The bad:
  • No Jin, no sale.
  • Supers?! WTF, they ripped them by heart from SF4. When you perform it the action stops and focus to the character then if they hit they will make their move and all but is a straight copy of how they look from SF4. They are super easy to perform and they take 50% of your life. I really didn't like them.
  • No music.

So that's that, Ill go back and play more later.
And this are the things they gave away and you can buy your bana passport for 100Y, T7 related.

Thank you so much for all the pics and info! Place does look packed.

The supers sound just absolutely fucking awful. Also funny they just ripped the character select icons out of Tag for the screen there.

Also, yay, I see the Lee sticker on one of your pics. ;o

Manbig

People are being pretty quick to judge the supers while completely ignoring the part where you can only do them from rage, which you can control (ala Tekken 6) unlike Ultras in SF4.

Sayah

This game is gonna help bring in new players as far as I can see. Extremely flashy.

Since the framerate was allover the place, I bet it was more difficult to perform. So are the electrics, many ppl were trying to but few actually perform them.

You didn't make a comment on bounds (or lack thereof). Just wondering what your thoughts are on that.

AAK

Thanks Allen for the impressions!

I think I'll wait till the Nobi footage on the niconico stream to make my final judgement about movement. But if BDCing is indeed useless now.... not sure what to think. It didn't do Tekken 4 any favors.

Manbig

Thanks Allen for the impressions!

I think I'll wait till the Nobi footage on the niconico stream to make my final judgement about movement. But if BDCing is indeed useless now.... not sure what to think. It didn't do Tekken 4 any favors.

While I agree that completely removing the effectiveness of backdash cancelling isn't the wisest idea (I'm totally for making it an easier input though), you can't really use Tekken 4 as an example, because so many other things about the game were also different and added to the pain of having a lack of a good backdash. The lack of pushback on block moves immediately comes to mind when I think about it in that way.

Very good point. Nerfed distance, but still adequate execution once frame rate normalizes, would be my guess.
But if BDCing is indeed useless now.... not sure what to think. It didn't do Tekken 4 any favors.

Hah, in fairness BDc was nerfed along with ss. I think the SS was the real issue in T4, along with limited push on block. Both played into a more poke centric game, but having a bit more shallow bdc keeps you from playing a game of lets catch the pussy. I think that was the intent in T4, ss just extrapolated the issue.

AllenShrz

This game is gonna help bring in new players as far as I can see. Extremely flashy.

You didn't make a comment on bounds (or lack thereof). Just wondering what your thoughts are on that.

That is super tricky. I cant answer for sure. I tired to do them but couldn't, but the thing is that I don't know if they were removed or is just that because of the framerate that I couldnt.

The majority of the combos I saw where the the same as in Revolution, NOT TT2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom