• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 - October 4/5 Location Test Being Streamed on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.
will see how finished this game truly is at this state. I mean, nowadays this could be 99% the final product like many console "betas" we get :D OR if they are really being honest and its now 50% complete and will have major things redone before arcade release, some of this stuff can be fixed.

However i dont think environments are high up on anyones lists. You should start accepting them as they are here :D

In fairness to Harada and the tekken team, I honestly believe this has a good 6 months of arcade development ahead of it and a good year after that before a final console release.

There is alot that can change between now and then.

so as far as I can tell there's a dramatic slow motion effect that happens when two moves are executed at the same time when the characters are near death, like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dgGgp8VSqg&feature=player_detailpage#t=166

The more I see Claudio the more worried I am that Miguel is gone :eek:

That effect is pretty cool. I wonder if it is just crush moves or power strikes that do the slowdown.

I saw some jabs and other stuff trade and that wasn't happening (I think).

Plus my boy Paul's super looks kinda lame, lol.

Finaika

Have moves ever had such a huge whiff animation like this? Same move connecting, then it misses the next time.

iKKm0dwjzNyfP.gif

Nice subtle detail.

Dereck

This move looks like Jan Lee's dragon knuckle from DOA, or DSS ff1. Instead, it looks like it doesn't use DSS.

laNobZi.gif

meQSTTl.gif

YwvH56G.gif

Doomshine

O_O W-whoa... So beautiful. I keep saying it, but the lighting is seriously stunning. ... I gotta play this game... like, NOW!

I'm really liking Claudio (big surprise, I play Lars), but I wonder what's the story with him exactly. He almost seems like he belongs in Soul Calibur, it's like he's using magic or something.

Oh, and that slow down before the K.O. at 2:48 in the first video is awesome. That's new... right? (I never did play much Tekken Revolution.)

I think he has Dr. B's 1+2 too lol. Works pretty well with the chain actually.

He also has a move that looks like Jinpachi's twin pistons and I'm not sure if that low kick he has looks more like Anna's or Jinpachi's db+3.

EDIT: woah, look at this combo from Law, he uses 3,4 in a juggle to cause that flop launcher state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_dgGgp8VSqg#t=105

That's interesting. I wonder if every character will have something like that to extend combos.

So the bound combo system from 6 and tag 2 got ditched and the game added what's essentially a street fighter 4 ultra combo. Ok then, can't wait to see the official livestream of this.

Sort of minor, but it seems like the debris and damage from the ground doesn't disappear anymore when the characters land on it.

The HD footage looks good to me. The lighting is stunning.

The supers look interesting. Still not sure who I feel about supers being in Tekken. Not sure if this will make or break the game, but they might be fun to experience with. What really concerns me is, you could be applying pressure to an opponent and then out of nowhere comes a super move by inputting the motion while blocking or while getting it. I'm keeping an open mind though.

I'm fine with more T6/TR style combos. I didn't have a problem with bound, but

Obviously, the game is still early, but a thought that went through my mind that I never mentioned on here was, imagine if the game had framerate problems due to the Unreal Engine. I am sure it will be ironed out in the final version though, I just thought it was kind of funny.

I actually like Claudio's design and I think he will be a good addition to the roster. is he using ice or something?

Katarina looks fun and I will definitely try her, but she looks like serious button masher lol. Low roundhouse and then mash away. Baek meets Rig meets Eddy meets Chun Li with those rapid kicks.

Asuka's face look....different. I think that Asuka whiff animation is new. I never noticed that with her. There could be heavy penalties for whiffing in Tekken 7 with certain powerful moves I am guessing.

Wondering(sort of doubting) if Armor King will show up in Tekken 7. It seemed like King had Armor King's forward 1, 2 double punch move( I think that is how you do it lol).

Pachimari

Well, my impressions so far:

- Happy that Bound is gone. Though it were never a huge problem to me. So would be indifferent if it were in.

- Love seeing the Rage Arts. Gotta try it out myself before judging, and look into how to defend against them.

- Love Claudio's design, but have also come around Lars really.
- Not too fond of Katarina, guess I need to see more.
- Now give us that Arab guy this coming weekend.

- Lighting and sparkles are fantastic.

- Kazuya's Tekken Tag 1 intro suit is all kinds of badass.

- What are armor breaks?

There's also some proper backdashing in that video from the Kazuya player.

Yep, and plenty of EWGFs when others were having issues with consistency.

Katarina does share a few similar looking moves to Lee, but she's not so close where I believe he'd be replaced by her.

Pachimari

Can someone link me to a Power Crush move? Or a specific timeframe in a video? I'm not sure I understand it clearly still.

I guess it's because that Kaz player seems really familar and comfortable vs the new character know one knows shit about, but Kaz looks brutal as hell in this game lol

Actually, one of the things I would want in this game is to disable customized characters online. Not playing with them, but I don't want to see them while I'm playing. I'd rather just see the character's default costume instead of the wacked out mismatch of stuff most people decorate their characters with.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
We better be able to give Marshall his damn moustache. Still salty that you couldnt in TTT2

If they're bringing back the Tekken 6 customizations as that PDF might have been hinting at, then the 'stache must be amongst them. Hope they have a lot of facial hair options. It can change the look of a character surprisingly drastically.

Actually, one of the things I would want in this game is to disable customized characters online. Not playing with them, but I don't want to see them while I'm playing. I'd rather just see the character's default costume instead of the wacked out mismatch of stuff most people decorate their characters with.

Definitely. Same for Ghost/Arcade battle. The customized characters that exist in the single player modes of Tag 2 are 90% vomit inducing.

Kimosabae

Banned

danmaku

Wow, if this is just 50% of the graphics, T7 will look amazing. I love how characters seem to hit even harder than before, with all those effects. King of the iron fist indeed. Not a big fan of supers, but obviously they're still tweaking the mechanic. Power crush is ok.
I hope they remake all the old animations, I saw the Hellsweep and damn it looks bad.

Dahbomb

Yeah I 3rd this.

Hope they are not invincible.

I don't think they will be. Imo, that would be much worst than the invincibles from Tekken Revolution. You can probably interrupt it somehow and I am sure they will be easy to block and punishable. At least I assume they are.

from the official manual:

POWER CRUSH MOVES

Even if you are hit during your attack, you will continue to attack until the end of the move. It is powerful as you can use it as often as you like, to absorb as many attacks as you like, but you will still take the damage from the opponent's move, so watch your life bar carefully.

Varth

Vulcano Rosso was a freebie if you bought the Ultra Combo. Super saver!

EDIT:

POWER CRUSH MOVES

Even if you are hit during your attack, you will continue to attack until the end of the move. It is powerful as you can use it as often as you like, to absorb as many attacks as you like, but you will still take the damage from the opponent's move, so watch your life bar carefully.

So basically Super Armor property but with damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom