• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 - October 4/5 Location Test Being Streamed on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why do you want customized outfits disabled online? If you cant show your creations off online, there's no point in having the feature! You lot are gonna have to deal with it.

Dahbomb

Why do you want customized outfits disabled online? If you cant show your creations off online, there's no point in having the feature! You lot are gonna have to deal with it.
Not disabled in terms of use... just that I shouldn't be able to see your costume of choice if I want to (turn the Filter to see or not to see costumes).

Or they can have different lobbies/modes where they can have no custom outfit matches. A ton of the costumes are fucking eye sores.

from the official manual:

POWER CRUSH MOVES

Even if you are hit during your attack, you will continue to attack until the end of the move. It is powerful as you can use it as often as you like, to absorb as many attacks as you like, but you will still take the damage from the opponent's move, so watch your life bar carefully.

Wait, are power crush moves supers? I'm confused here. The "focus" attack moves absorb hits. The stuff up there destroying attacks are the rage/ultra arts, right?

Sayah

There's also some proper backdashing in that video from the Kazuya player.

Yes, pretty much. I've just been rewatching gameplay videos over and over. lol
Proper backdashing and a replacement for bounds. Seems like a midway between Tekken 6 and TR. Game is looking real good to me. Wish I could be in Japan to try this out myself.

Wait, are power crush moves supers? I'm confused here. The "focus" attack moves absorb hits. The stuff up there destroying attacks are the rage/ultra arts, right?

yeah i think they are called RAGE ARTS, but the feature of them absorbing hits is POWER CRUSH MOVES

AWESOME NAMES!

Inuhanyou

Personal enjoyment/preference is a thing.

I'm sorry, the preference thing doesn't really make any sense to me. People are going to show off what they made, this goes literally for every online multiplayer game that allows customization.

There's no point in adding entirely different systems just because "i don't like what that guy has on! Pink jeans and a button down shirt? Yuck!"

AllenShrz

Played it again, this time for longer time.

The feamerate problem is present in all the stages but the one in the ruins is the one that had the most.

Bounce is gone.

I really, really really don't like the super moves. They break the flow of the fight and take too much health with such an easy input. It just doesn't feel like tekken.

Katarina is quite cheap but funny.

Sayah

The feamerate problem is present in all the stages but the one in the ruins is the one that had the most.

Bounce is gone.

I really, really really don't like the super moves. They break the flow of the fight and take too much health with such an easy input. It just doesn't feel like tekken.

From what I've watched, they seem punishable if you block.

Also, any comments on the new "flop" characters can do during combos? Is that our "new" bound for extended damage?

Bounce is gone.

It does look awkward when the move fails and both guys are just left standing there. But I'm guessing people just don't know how to punish it properly yet.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm sorry, the preference thing doesn't really make any sense to me. People are going to show off what they made, this goes literally for every online multiplayer game that allows customization.

There's no point in adding entirely different systems just because "i don't like what that guy has on! Pink jeans and a button down shirt? Yuck!"

It doesn't make sense to that people might want to customize the characters just because they prefer the way their custom outfit looks compared to the default costumes? Not to show off?

In any case, what they were talking about wasn't a complete lobby split for customs/vs no customs, just a clientside difference. If player 1 fights player 2 (whose character has a bizarre customization) and player 1 has custom characters disabled, then player 1 will see the default costume on his screen. Player 2 will still see their own customization on their own screen.

GrayFoxPL

Some new final moves slomo system:

Hei dodges the kick so it doesn't activate only for confirmed hits.

RightEqualFirecrest.gif

Inuhanyou

It doesn't make sense to that people might want to customize the characters just because they prefer the way their custom outfit looks compared to the default costumes? Not to show off?

In any case, what they were talking about wasn't a complete lobby split for customs/vs no customs, just a clientside difference. If player 1 fights player 2 (whose character has a bizarre customization) and player 1 has custom characters disabled, then player 1 will see the default costume on his screen. Player 2 will still see their own customization on their own screen.

I still dunno. I don't know about any other games that do that...is it a common thing

I dunno... I'm sort of underwhelmed so far. I guess I expected a big leap and bold new direction. Right now I'm just seeing Tekken Tag 2+. The game visually looks pretty, however.

Maybe I was hoping for a new generational leap, like Tekken 3 was.

Characters still using barely touched up outfits, minus Kazuya? Did they get lazy from Tekken 6 onwards, or something? I know customisation plays a part, but man, they used to be creative with the debut outfits. Now it's relegated to Mishima's (mainly Kazuya) and Yoshimitsu getting changes. Leo looks just like she did in Tekken 6.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I still dunno. I don't know about any other games that do that...is it a common thing

I haven't done the research, but one similar example exists in Soul Calibur V. If you don't download the data for the latest DLC (regardless of whether or not you bought it) and you fight against someone online who is using equipment from that DLC, they'll appear to be wearing nothing but their underwear on your screen.

Pachimari

Am I the only one who expected it to NOT be a bold leap forward seeing this is the last Mishima battle?

I expect a Tekken 3 or 4 leap with the next one though.

Stuart444

Can we get Jun back? :( I mean she's only listed as 'missing' so it'd be cool for her to come back and get involved somehow.

/dream

In other news, I'm excited for this. I've not bought a mainline Tekken day 1 since uhh, T3? (though I did buy TTT2 day 1 but that's not exactly a mainline game) :D

Karsha

Tekken always had moves that do 70% lol ,and some counterhit (most famous Paul's deathfist) do easily 50% . I don't have a problem with supers at all, especially if they replace the Rage mechanics that were introduced in 6

.la1n

Not disabled in terms of use... just that I shouldn't be able to see your costume of choice if I want to (turn the Filter to see or not to see costumes).

Or they can have different lobbies/modes where they can have no custom outfit matches. A ton of the costumes are fucking eye sores.

It's one of those features that a lot of people have been asking for but I don't think we will see it implemented in any games any time soon. Unfortunate because Killer Instinct would especially benefit from the option.

Sayad

seriously?
542E59A34639E80018

542E59A5463D950014

the super doesn't give a fuck about opponent's attack?
Yea, that much damage from a super you get to do every single round would probably not make it into the final game. Rage being the meter for those moves seem like a bad idea.

Tekken always had moves that do 70% lol ,and some counterhit (most famous Paul's deathfist) do easily 50% . I don't have a problem with supers at all, especially if they replace the Rage mechanics that were introduced in 6

From my understanding, they don't. Rage is still in. Actually, I think you have special moves that are only accessible within Rage, but maybe that is the supers. Someone correct me on this lol

.la1n

From my understanding, they don't. Rage is still in. Actually, I think you have special moves that are only accessible within Rage, but maybe that is the supers. Someone correct me on this lol

Rage is still in, you can choose to spend the rage bonus on the super attack.

Inuhanyou

What does this mean?

Especially since T2 and T3 were on the same console, they definitely weren't a generation leap apart.

Maybe in terms of mechanics? Or a timeskip with a lot of new characters and fighting styles?

I dunno what he means by that.

Yeah T3 was a huge upgrade from T2 in terms of actual gameplay, but only cause T1 and T2 were so archaic gameplay wise by then.

I would atleast like new character designs or even just default costumes for the returning people though like in T4..your not gonna wear the same thing for like 5 years or however long in game its been since T5. Especially since they are putting major emphasis on story this time.

I atleast hope they drop the ditzy school girl routine with Xiao, she like effing 20 years old at this point in the timeline, she's not a schoolgirl anymore. Make her more like her T4 incarnation or the movie

Monocle

Other issues: The sparks are excessive and we really really need new costumes and significant visual changes for returning characters.

Lots of other posters brought up these points but still.

Yeah the difference is those hard hitting moves don't pause the game to show you a movie of some overdramatic canned animation.

What does this mean?

Especially since T2 and T3 were on the same console, they definitely weren't a generation leap apart.

Maybe in terms of mechanics? Or a timeskip with a lot of new characters and fighting styles?

i'm pretty sure he means the sidestep mechanic into the third dimension, characters feeling more weighted instead of flying around and the visual upgrade was huge too.

And i do agree, this just looks like Tekken 6 with added sparks :D But i will restrain from commenting the visuals until we get the retail copy.

Mechanics wise i dont think any fighting game can do that big of steps towards anything new without completely alienating fans.

Dereck

i'm pretty sure he means the sidestep mechanic into the third dimension, characters feeling more weighted instead of flying around and the visual upgrade was huge too.

And i do agree, this just looks like Tekken 6 with added sparks :D But i will restrain from commenting the visuals until we get the retail copy.

Mechanics wise i dont think any fighting game can do that big of steps towards anything new without completely alienating fans.
I don't know man, I'm pretty impressed.

vpbh9xV.png

Yeah T3 was a huge upgrade from T2 in terms of actual gameplay, but only cause T1 and T2 were so archaic gameplay wise by then.

I would atleast like new character designs or even just default costumes for the returning people though like in T4..your not gonna wear the same thing for like 5 years or however long in game its been since T5. Especially since they are putting major emphasis on story this time.

I atleast hope they drop the ditzy school girl routine with Xiao, she like effing 20 years old at this point in the timeline, she's not a schoolgirl anymore. Make her more like her T4 incarnation or the movie

TEKKEN

1658548-tekken_1__5_.jpg

TEKKEN 2

1659882-tekken_2__22_.jpg

TEKKEN 3

1661696-paul_in_tekken_3.jpg

They were in the same console generation, but Tekken 3 looked a LOT, LOT better than those blocky Tekken 1 & 2 characters

ec0ec0

just enter this thread for the first time (it was 5 am here when this thread was created)

first things that i read: supers in tekken :O

complete picnic mode activated!!

Niitris

just enter this thread for the first time (it was 5 am here when this thread was created)

first things that i read: supers in tekken :O

complete picnic mode activated!!

Yeah, I feel like eating a sandwich outside too. :p

Seriously though, bleh.

alstein

@ 2:35, Dragunov's ff+3 now has a slow-mo effect when it connects.

I'm guessing this is just an added visual flourish like the camera cuts we saw in T6/TTT2 for some moves (like Feng's shoulder or Paul's death fist).

Edit: actually, I think this may be a thing with all homing moves. Really cool if so.

It could also be frame drops. Hearing the game is running below 60 fps from some reports.

Sayad

good examples :)

and yeah, Tekken 6 still looks good by comparison:
1332298933.jpg

heck, just add the sparks to Tekken 5 and you're close ;D
The problem is, characters now look almost like their CG models, the only way to really make a big step like T2 to T3 is to abandon the series' comic look and go for realistic looking characters, which they obviously don't want to.

Though I do think some costumes need a lot of work, and it's time to change some of the old ones. Paul's outfit is sticking out like a sore thumb, it's so bland, badly modeled and lack of cloth animations make it looks like it's made out of wood. They should at least give him back his T4 outfit if they can't be bother designing a new one, it was way more interesting than this one.

Dereck

The problem is, characters now look almost like their CG models, the only way to really make a big step like T2 to T3 is to abandon the series' comic look and go for realistic looking characters, which they obviously don't want to.

Though I do think some costumes need a lot of work, and it's time to change some of the old ones. Paul's outfit is sticking out like a sore thumb, it's so bland, badly modeled and lack of cloth animations make it looks like it's made out of wood. They should at least give him back his T4 outfit if they can't be bother designing a new one, it's way more interesting than this.
Oh I need da old hair back baby

Paul_Phoenix_T4-ending.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom