• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 - October 4/5 Location Test Being Streamed on Niconico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

He looks like a lifeless mannequin. Maybe an art style change is in order for this series.

Surprised to read it framedrops to 30fps, even if it's in beta state. You'd think framerate would be one of the first things they lock down in a fighter. Now I'm wondering if we'll get yet another sub-HD Tekken game on consoles. :p

Looks okay, I can't really judge visuals based on these gifs. :p But at first glance I don't see much of an upgrade.

Game is still in development.
The game might turn out a lot better in the final release.

GrayFoxPL

I'm expecting changes to those Supers already. They look pretty broken.

I'm expecting change in everything.

Half year from now the game will probably play very different.

This may be the only chance we see these crazy broken things. Enjoy.

AAK

Is that armour thing the same as Tekken Revolution?

No, Tekken Revolutions they were called invincibles. They went through everything however they were super unsafe. In this, these Power Crush moves vary in punishability but have armor for as many high or mid attacks that come out. However, a low attack will not be absorbed by the armor.

To be honest the completely unsafe attribute made me like the invincible mechanic. With these power crush moves, some of them (Particularly Paul's) looks completely safe. Not sure if I like that. I'd honestly much rather they absorb everything including lows but be launch punishable.

But at the same time, Tekken is a game where lows were already extremely high risk, so giving them utility to beat this mechanic makes them more viable again.

ZenTzen

at this point this doesnt look any better than TTT2 graphically, only has more sparkles, i know its still in development, but as of right now, slightly disappointed, and worried it'll be a cross gen game

maybe later builds will impress me, and put my boy jin to play as

GrayFoxPL

Check out. Neat new little mechanic. Toe kick into quick back roll.

ReadyGiftedBernesemountaindog.gif

What does this mean?

It was a bit of half-half. The big leaps from T1>2>3 in visuals and gameplay, but I meant in terms of literally a new generation of cast. Tekken 3 was, what, 16 or 19 years later. There is a fine balance to strike, because nobody wants an SCV/SFIII:NG.

With that said, there obviously wouldn't be a massive time jump, given it caters around the current Mishima climax.

All in all, so far it's a prettier looking TTT2 (solo). For some, that's ace. For others, that's lazy. For me, it's more the latter.

Next time!

Bleep

the same as you, it doesnt look like anything special

Off screen videos never show image quality well. 6/Tag2/Revolution have dynamic resolutions that are regularly below 720p with no anti-aliasing solution. With modern hardware the game could be running at 1080p with anti-aliasing. I'd wait for direct feed capture before making judgements like this.

av2k

the same as you, it doesnt look like anything special

Unfortunately, diminishing returns is what you get when it comes to graphics. It's harder and harder to make a graphics jump that existed from Tekken 1->TTT->T4->T6 to really have that 'wow' factor.

AllenShrz

at this point this doesnt look any better than TTT2 graphically, only has more sparkles, i know its still in development, but as of right now, slightly disappointed, and worried it'll be a cross gen game

Wrong, you don't have to worry about that. It looks quite good.

ZenTzen

Unfortunately, diminishing returns is what you get when it comes to graphics. It's harder and harder to make a graphics jump that existed from Tekken 1->TTT->T4->T6 to really have that 'wow' factor.

the only graphics jumps in tekken that impressed me were from T1 to T3 to T5, in terms of T6-TTT2 to current gen graphics theres still a lot they can do, from character models, to lighting, to stages. Maybe i'm not seeing it because its from a camera, maybe when we do get proper footage it'll look better, but from what i'm seeing, this barely looks any better than ttt2

Hahaha
It's all good.
Who could be mad at that little foxey

the only graphics jumps in tekken that impressed me were from T1 to T3 to T5, in terms of T6-TTT2 to current gen graphics theres still a lot they can do, from character models, to lighting, to stages. Maybe i'm not seeing it because its from a camera, maybe when we do get proper footage it'll look better, but from what i'm seeing, this barely looks any better than ttt2

Barely any better? Wow..
Even at this stage with footage as bad as this it's obvious how much graphics have improved on all the fronts you bring up - character meshes, lighting, stages.

Hmm...actually there was a downgrade from TTT to T4. Character polygons were a lot less in Tekken 4 than TTT, but we had fully open 3d arenas.

Hmm...actually there was a downgrade from TTT to T4. Character polygons were a lot less in Tekken 4 than TTT, but we had fully open 3d arenas.

What? Can you confirm this?
I've looked at character meshes from both games, and I can't remember noticing a downgrade. Quite the opposite.
Tag had better looking maps, maybe that's why you think the meshes looked more detailed.

I've looked at character meshes from both games, and I can't remember noticing a downgrade. Quite the opposite.
Tag had better looking maps, maybe that's why you think the meshes looked more detailed.

Nope

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/15/a-history-of-violence-harada-on-his-tekken-career/

Harada said:
“Thinking back, it was a total waste of polygons. That is why the game models in Tekken 4 have a higher perfection level than the game models in Tekken Tag Tournament, even though the number of polygons are less.”

I think the PS2 version of TTT was improved over the arcade release. Maybe you were looking at that one?

TTT character models look more detailed to my eye. Jin's abs look damn good even by today's standards, lol.

Rage Arts look fine to me. They have armor just like the power moves and raw damage seems about right.

Glad to see movement still seems to be character based since Kings BDC looks a bit shorter than Kaz's

SykoTech

Ultras in Tekken, eh? Well, not totally against that. Just hope they're balanced well enough. The one Asuka used on Paul seems like it might be a bit much, but that's okay if it's significantly punishable.

Also, I'm going to have to disagree with the people who can't tell the difference between this and last gen Tekken. Despite how terrible the quality in this off screen footage is, I can easily see differences. Especially in the gifs of Asuka and Paul. Even at a glance, there's no way to mix that up with TTT2. And of course, that's not even taking into account that it's nowhere near being finished.

The lightning and particles look like a massive step up to me, and this isn't even the game's final visuals.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
A PC base inside apparently.

Well we know that, ringedge 2 and other arcade boards just use things like 650 ti's and a combination of PC generic parts.

We don't know the actual specs T7 is using though right?

ZeroX03

Banned
Well we know that, ringedge 2 and other arcade boards just use things like 650 ti's and a combination of PC generic parts.

We don't know the actual specs T7 is using though right?

It's pretty damn crowded there with hour long waits, doubtful anyone is getting time to open the machines. And the specs may not have been nailed down yet. Wouldn't suprise me if it was something along the lines of a PS4 in specs, after T6's board.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It's pretty damn crowded there with hour long waits, doubtful anyone is getting time to open the machines. And the specs may not have been nailed down yet. Wouldn't suprise me if it was something along the lines of a PS4 in specs, after T6's board.

I dunno.....its true that Harada is always talking up the PS4 hardware saying its a great price to performance ratio console. But if your going cross gen, they might aim much lower than PS4 level specs wise.

Low enough so the previous gen can get the same feeling, high enough to take advantage of certain next gen features.

ZeroX03

Banned
I dunno.....its true that Harada is always talking up the PS4 hardware saying its a great price to performance ratio console. But if your going cross gen, they might aim much lower than PS4 level specs wise.

Low enough so the previous gen can get the same feeling, high enough to take advantage of certain next gen features.

I don't know where people keep getting that idea from. Current gen sales have fallen off a cliff, the game isn't due on consoles for another year if not more and it's on an engine that doesn't favor cross gen development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom