• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 location test announced for October, runs at 50% visual quality, ~20 chars

kazuya_mishima_150x150___gif_by_robbiebr-d6vr5hq.gif
gallery_1354_5_7401.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I just want to see and main next gen xiao :/ Nobody can beat me when i have her

I don't see any reason why Tekken shouldn't be able to come back like Street Fighter did. A new episode on new hardware is bound to create some interest among casuals and their characters are the most famous in the genre, together with SF. What they need to add is a new system simple enough to make the game fun even at very basic level and, imho, big graphics. Yes, graphics. As much as I hate to say it, if the game will be able to blow away the casual crowd, there will be more people willing to learn how to play.

Honestly, if it even reaches one-third of Tekken 3 sales, I will be pleasantly surprised. Fighting games in general just are not as popular as they once were. I think it will perform well, but I'm really not sure if it attract a lot of casuals to it even if it is great looking. We'll see.

TreIII

Heh heh, I remember that trailer~! ...damn, don't I feel old, now.

But yeah, it was funny seeing similar reactions during the Pokkén reveal, as well. Of course it wasn't going to look that good (yet); the graphics were far from final.

That promo art for Kazuya and Heihachi looks exactly like the same costumes and style they've used for 10 years since T5. If you covered the logo you'd be unable to tell if that art was from Tekken 7 or 2009. That plus the fact they're already doing location tests leaves me little hope this is going to be the fresh, interesting sequel the series badly needs. No way Tekken is going to have a resurgance like that. Man it's disappointing. I loved T5DR but it was 10 years ago we don't need more incremental updates.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That promo art for Kazuya and Heihachi looks exactly like the same costumes and style they've used for 10 years since T5. If you covered the logo you'd be unable to tell if that art was from Tekken 7 or 2009. That plus the fact they're already doing location tests leaves me little hope this is going to be the fresh, interesting sequel the series badly needs. No way Tekken is going to have a resurgance like that. Man it's disappointing. I loved T5DR but it was 10 years ago we don't need more incremental updates.

And...you got ALL that from the fact that Heihachi and Kazuya are wearing the same shit they've been wearing since T1? lol.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wish arcades were more prominent in the states, maybe we'd get location tests.

Edit: Whoa October?! That's way sooner than I thought.

They make everything different here in the states. All the new games are racing or kid friendly. I'd love to see something like this come to town. They could always do a test online. Not like that would happen.

I just hope they have Bryan.

Sayad

If they're not willing to show the game few weeks before the loc test, I bet they wont allow people to take pictures/videos at the loc test too. Either they're not confident in what they have so far or we're not worthy. :(

If they're not willing to show the game few weeks before the loc test, I bet they wont allow people to take pictures/videos at the loc test too. Either they're not confident in what they have so far or we're not worthy. :(
As if they can stop people from sneaking some footage from the loketests lol

Harada has stated the reason characters are still wearing the same default outfits as in TK5 is to make these looks iconic in the same way every Street Fighter character has one specific look that never changes.

Improvements in their character renders (including the actual models and their meshes) are clearly visible.

They've always had top CG renders, though, so I can see how it can be hard to make out improvements since they have always looked extremely good.
With a game like, say, Mortal Kombat it's much easier to spot improvements in their prerendered art, as those have always been lacking in detail and aesthetics, and still do.

Harada...please...confirm Xiao is in the game....plz ;-;
Well, it's only a few more days. Be patient. Don't act like those lunatics on Twitter.

AAK

The game probably is still in a pretty rough stage cosmetically and hence they don't want to make a public trailer showcasing it in its current state.

I suppose that makes me think the "stream" footage from the eventual location tests are gonna be pretty short and controlled.

I dont mind waiting on gameplay footage, im not expecting it to hit console till 2016 anyway.

What id like to know is about the roster and mechanics. Maybe a bullshot/target render screenshot.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I had no idea that the game was so far along!

no #TrueOgre no buy

I'm with you man, but he wasn't very popular, and it doesn't really make any sense for him to be alive. Still, there's Tag 3 after 7, 8, and 9!

Åesop;130650461 said:
Bryan Fury wins..

old voice actor please

For Bryan or the announcer? I wouldn't mind having Alucard back.

Top Bottom