• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 7 PC performance thread

Coolade

This game actually scales down pretty decently- it's playable on my Surface Pro 4 i5. What I don't get is why it's 60 fps in training mode, but 30-40 fps in arcade mode. It seems noticeably higher-res in arcade for some reason. Very strange.

About to try this on my desktop with 21:9 monitor. This is a first for fighting games, to my knowledge.

Incorrect, it does have 21:9 support:

TNWfg0al.jpg

lol. That picture was created to give an example of what tekken 7 would look like with ultrawide support. It's not real.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
For the amd users
Everything on ultra, 1080p, resolution scale 150%.
Locked 60fps, tried difference stages, with rain, stage breaks, rage arts etc.

i5 4670k
290 tri-x on 17.3.2

I GOT RID OF THE FUCKING GRAIN!!

Some quick googling about unreal engine 4, added this to the same scalibility.ini file

r.Tonemapper.GrainQuantization=0

so here is my file now

Code:
[PostProcessQuality@2]
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0

[PostProcessQuality@3]

this file for anyone just seeing this now
C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Scalability.ini

cordy

Banned
almoat 14k peak... wtf man. destroying street fighter in terms of steam numbers.

How well did SFV do with Steam numbers?

So far I'm seeing T7 doing very well on the PS4 but the Steam numbers man that's surprising me a lot. Harada's mentioned for a while that he's wanted to put Tekken on PC so to see it happening and then seeing people love it is great for the future of this franchise on PC.

Momentary

Banned
Has anyone come up with a way to remove this film grain and CA yet? My only complaints right now. I actually know how to remove the CA from UE4 games, but I don't know about this film grain.

The CA thing is something I'll have to look into the config files for. I'll check it out right now before I play any further.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Some quick googling about unreal engine 4, added this to the same scalibility.ini file

so here is my file now

Code:
[PostProcessQuality@2]

[PostProcessQuality@3]

Excellent. With grain and CA gone it's looking much nicer now.

Skyzard

Banned
So I mentioned earlier resolution scaling seems a bit bust, setting a higher scaling than 100% doesn't seem to change much for me. Even with 2560 at 200% scaling, it didn't look as good as 4K with 100%. It also performed worse with 4K at 100%.

980ti 4700K@4.4

Looks good, 60fps. Tested on the Arena stage which seems to be the most demanding I've come across so far.
I set max pre-rendered frames to 1 in nvidia control panel and 'prefer max performance' too.

I also set motion blur to high and disabled CA, thanks for that. If you're at 2560, I'd say set motion blur to medium, you can max out the settings with this hardware setup at that resolution, but I think motion blur looks cleaner one notch down at that res.

Bebpo

Banned
Really happy with the port. I seem to be able to play on Ultra at 1527p with a 980 SLI (probably doesn't use SLI though) and it only drops occasionally in a rage art cutscene.

One question, the game always seems to have some weird filters on that keep it from looking super sharp and totally clean. Is there a way to get it sharper looking? If so what should I change? Turn post-processing down/off?

CA and Grain disabled, post processing on Ultra.

How do you turn off CA and Grain?

Tain

Really happy with the port. I seem to be able to play on Ultra at 1527p with a 980 SLI (probably doesn't use SLI though) and it only drops occasionally in a rage art cutscene.

One question, the game always seems to have some weird filters on that keep it from looking super sharp and totally clean. Is there a way to get it sharper looking? If so what should I change? Turn post-processing down/off?

Use the INI tweaks mentioned above (SceneColorFringeQuality) to get it real clean-looking. The chromatic aberration makes for some real strong blurring.

Momentary

Banned
Almost got 5K. 4434x2494

5K drops down to 57 FPS in intense situations

Also motion blur looks good in motion, but not good for picture taking.

Motion blur makes everything flow together alot better with the animations. Fantastic implementation if you ask me. I could probably bump it down to medium.

didamangi

so here is my file now

Code:
[PostProcessQuality@2]

[PostProcessQuality@3]

C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\TekkenGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Scalability.ini

I love you man!

Yudoken

so here is my file now

Code:
[PostProcessQuality@2]

[PostProcessQuality@3]

C:Users*user*AppDataLocalTekkenGameSavedConfigWindowsNoEditorScalability.ini

Excellent!

dadjumper

Finally got the game running.
1070 / i7 6700k, getting perfect 60fps at 1080p with rendering scale at 200, as one would expect.
Getting about 45 frames at 4K on ultra. Didn't think it would get 60 though, so that's okay.
60fps at 2K.

Would there be any difference between 1080p with rendering scale set to 200 vs 2K set to 100?

Also thanks OP for the tips, looks much less blurry with CA turned off!

One extra thing, I'm using a PS4/PC stick and it's recognized as Xinput, meaning I get xbox prompts. Not the end of the world but is there any way for me to change this to Playstation or generic buttons instead?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I almost bought this but 60GB big as fuck.

Nice job for those who found out how to disable grain and CA.

Finally got the game running.
1070 / i7 6700k, getting perfect 60fps at 1080p with rendering scale at 200, as one would expect.
Getting about 45 frames at 4K on ultra. Didn't think it would get 60 though, so that's okay.
60fps at 2K.

Would there be any difference between 1080p with rendering scale set to 200 vs 2K set to 100?

Also thanks OP for the tips, looks much less blurry with CA turned off!

One extra thing, I'm using a PS4/PC stick and it's recognized as Xinput, meaning I get xbox prompts. Not the end of the world but is there any way for me to change this to Playstation or generic buttons instead?

1080 at 200% probably means 2x on both axes, ie 4K resolution so definitely will be a difference.

Additionally, UI will be scaled as well if you use resolution instead of the slider. Assumedly, using the slider means it would keep the UI at native res.

dadjumper

^For me, 2560 at 200% (should be 5K) didn't look as good as 4K 100%, or even less.

:S

Figured it was bugged.

Yeah, I just tried that too, looks nowhere near as good as 4K but I get a solid 60 @ 2K 200%. Weird.
That said, removing grain and CA made the game actually look really nice! I was a bit disappointed with it before, but now it actually looks good!

Edit: Also, doesn't seem like the UI scales with resolution? I'm running on a 1080p TV mind you, but I'd love smaller health bars. It's a shame

PARANO1A

Any chance of running at locked 60fps at 4k with a 980ti? Seems like it would be a stretch without lowering overall quality.

Yes, I'm doing that and is glorious.

How? o.o I'm running a GTX 1070 and with all at Ultra, AA Off I get 38fps @4k :(

1440p is no problem though, 60fps locked with AA and everything maxed and it looks great! :D

System:

GTX 1070 Palit DUAL @ 2ghz core / +500mhz memory
i5 3570k @ 4.4ghz
16gb 2000mz RAM
Windows 7

I haven't updated to the newest drivers yet.

Bebpo

Banned
So any chance the game will support SLI at some point? Or does UE4 not support SLI? If I could use my 2nd card it'd be nice to play at 4k. 4k looks amazing.

Best I can get with a single 980 seems to be the following:

1440p
Everything on High settings
Anti-Alasiing = off
Rendering Quality = 95

That seems to get me a locked 60fps no matter what outside minor cutscene intro/outro/rage art drops. Anything higher seems to get occasional drops in the high 50s.

Game looks great at those settings though so I'm not complaining. Can run Ultra if I drop to 1080p and can run 4k if I drop everything to medium, but 1440p high seems like the best looking compromise for keeping 60fps.

Any chance of running at locked 60fps at 4k with a 980ti? Seems like it would be a stretch without lowering overall quality.

With everything on medium or low, maybe. Medium basically looks like a PS4 game imo.

I haven't updated to the newest drivers yet.

Oh, this reminds me I'm still a few drivers back. This might help me get a few extra fps.

Bebpo

Banned
Btw, the best engine stress test I've found so far has been anyone vs Kuma on kinder child stage. Kuma's fur and the effects on that stage seem to be the biggest hit I've found outside Rage Arts/Cutscenes. So if you can run perfect 60fps while beating up Kuma in practice mode on that stage you're good.

SlashX

I keep getting Frequency out of range when launching the game. (This started happening with SFV too) Where is the ini file located? or can I set the resolution for the game outside of the game?

Newboi

I'm surprised. I'm on a GTX1080 and I have the game set a 4K with 200% resolution scale and the matches I've had so far have held at 60fps. The game looks pretty fuzzy and has lots of visible aliasing at 4K with 100 resolution scale (it's almost like 100 is actually 50%). There's much less aliasing when I set the resolution scale to 200 at 4K.

I'll definitely try turning of CA and Film Grain.

Edit: I'll try the Kuma test and see how my card handles it.

Momentary

Banned
Btw, the best engine stress test I've found so far has been anyone vs Kuma on kinder child stage. Kuma's fur and the effects on that stage seem to be the biggest hit I've found outside Rage Arts/Cutscenes. So if you can run perfect 60fps while beating up Kuma in practice mode on that stage you're good.

Yeah. I had to bump it down to 3840x2160 at 110% rendering. This is on a Titan Xp w/ i7 6850K. Maxed out with motion blur on max.

CA and Film grain were removed.

I'm surprised. I'm on a GTX1080 and I have the game set a 4K with 200% resolution scale and the matches I've had so far have held at 60fps. The game looks pretty fuzzy and has lots of visible aliasing at 4K with 100 resolution scale (it's almost like 100 is actually 50%). There's much less aliasing when I set the resolution scale to 200 at 4K.

I'll definitely try turning of CA and Film Grain.

Edit: I'll try the Kuma test and see how my card handles it.

Really?? That's like running at 8K. I can't even run this game with no bears on a regular stage at 5K without frames dropping.

Top Bottom