• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

AAK

ibyYp2obmhIFOh.png

Information

Developer: Namco Bandai Games
Publisher: Namco Bandai Games
Platform: Sony Playstation 3
Release Date: June 11, 2013
Players: 1-2 Online
Official Website: http://tekken-revolution.bngames.net//
Director: ???
Producer: Katsuhiro Harada​

Gameplay

Changes from TTT2 to Tekken Revolution:

- Tag mode is GONE, only 1 v 1.
- Bound properties in juggles are GONE. Optimizing juggles is going to be reminiscent of Tekken DR style.
- All characters now have a new generic back-walk. Faster than the previous backwalk but slower than proper Korean backdash cancelling
- You can no longer float an opponent for an okizeme during a quick getup/backroll/forwardroll. The damage and hit properties is the same as if you were hitting them during a sideroll
- Every character has one special move, this is a red spark move that essentially has invincibility once activated after some startup frames.
- Every characer also has 3-4 critical moves which are moves with blue sparks that randomly give you a critical hit status.
- The healthbars are MUCH smaller than TTT2.
- You can upgrade 3 stats: Vigor (upgrades chances of getting a critical hit), Endurance (increases HP), Power (increases damage output)

The F2P Model consists of:
1. You start with 2 types of coins, arcade coins and online coins. An arcade coin allows you to play arcade mode, the online coin allows you to play ranked/player matches online.
2. Winning a match online will give you a ticket. You can stack up to 5 tickets at once.
3. Once the coins run out, you use your tickets. As long as you keep winning, you can keep playing
4. Once your tickets run out, a timer will come in play that will replenish your coins.
5. If you don't want to wait, you can buy premium coins from the PSN store to bypass the timer. the prices are:
- 4 for 99 cents.
- 10 for $1.99.
- 30 for $4.99.
6. The characters will be unlocked League of Legends style as you keep playing more.​

Characters

The characters available so far:
ice7mOHpLEyUs.png

iXiLDmNIkNPRt.png

iJ9KvXDuJcXKD.png

Will update when more info about other characters is released​

* Only Lars, Lili, Asuka, Kazuya, King, Paul, and Law are available from the start, the rest have to be unlocked by continuously playing.

PSN Master List

Update as the thread goes on.

Sorry for the half assed thread… I suppose it reflects the half-assed release Namco is treating this title with.

SUPARSTARX

Yes they are

The modeling mirrors the card game

You can boost stats by using skill points and money earned from playing

There is a limit to free playtime. When you hit the limit, you have to wait and replenish the tickets to continue playing more in some modes. This is exactly like the stamina limits for the Tekken Card Tournament game.

Pay for premium coins to unlock stuff manually I think. Not sure what else!

Lotsa universal crush moves for everyone which is what all the blurry attacks are.

I'm already not liking this coin business. What's the point of trying to limit your amount of matches? It's so fucking stupid. It's like they don't want me to play their game.

AAK

Okizeme game is absolutely destroyed. You can no longer float opponents. This game really is 1/10 the amount of fun TTT2 is. It's not meant for me.

alstein

Yeah, not impressed at all. Pay to win, invincible moves that might be safe (pretty sure Asuka has one, though it might be high), limited play ability.

TTT2 just shits on this game if you're into Tekken. I do kinda like some of the changes, but the FTP being poorly done ruins it.

GrayFoxPL

Yes they are

The modeling mirrors the card game

You can boost stats by using skill points and money earned from playing

There is a limit to free playtime. When you hit the limit, you have to wait and replenish the tickets to continue playing more in some modes. This is exactly like the stamina limits for the Tekken Card Tournament game.

Pay for premium coins to unlock stuff manually I think. Not sure what else!

Lotsa universal crush moves for everyone which is what all the blurry attacks are.

Are you serious? What a fuck up.

I'm so mad.

You can unlock characters? I just won a ranked match and "new character unlocked" popped up. I figured they would all be behind a pay wall.

Edit: Just checked to see who I unlocked and it was Alisa.

joeblow

I was pretty optimistic with the early details if only to try something new in the Tekken universe. I no longer feel that way. Pay to win is stupid enough (I skipped SFvT due to the DLC gem scam), but pay to play as well? Horrible decision Namco. Horrible.

genjiZERO

I'm not opposed to this idea as long as I don't have to pay for specific move sets. I only use a handful of characters anyway so this isn't a really big deal.

Played a bit, I think the gameplay itself seems fine (never been hardcore into Tekken, but I do like the games) but the different currencies in the game are a bit muddled. It doesn't seem like fight money lets you do anything besides spend skill points right now and evidently I unlocked Bryan after getting a bunch of Gift Points which I don't know what those do.

Dahbomb

AAAaaaand we're done here.

At least the characters aren't behind a pay wall.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It seems like you unlock characters through playing, not through buying them. However, you're limited to how much you can play at any one time before you have to either wait or buy "coins" with real money to continue playing.

Uraizen

Banned
It seems like you unlock characters through playing, not through buying them. However, you're limited to how much you can play at any one time before you have to either wait or buy "coins" with real money to continue playing.

So that's how they're doing it... boo!

SUPARSTARX

It's like 20 minute between individual replenishes? So like you can log off for the day and come back to a few extra tickets on top of the normal daily limit.

Man, I'm so pumped for this! The future of fighting games starts now!

a29d98e5.gif

computer-facepalm.gif

NAMCO.

Do you see Valve charging people for playing too much DOTA 2?

No?

THAT'S BECAUSE IT'S A HORRIBLE IDEA.

Important: Does this game have offline multiplayer?

Played it. It was alright. Like the added visual cues. Hate the oversaturation of reds/blues, just cheapens the game. Timed stuff sucks, but people eat that shit up all the time on mobile and Facebook games so it's probably fine for most.

Sgblues

Weird if this game was made to get more people to play it if there isn't a training mode, though you can just go through arcade mode which is pretty easy for any first time players.

AAK

Apparently the timer only applies to the coins. However, if you earn a ticket and you use that ticket. If you win your online game using a ticket, you get one back always. If you lose, and then you run out of tickets, then you have to wait until the time gives you some coins.

Regardless, this game is WAY too backwards. Takes away so many things that make the future games so good. Invincibility stuff will only make expert players even better. This won't help noobs at all.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Apparently the timer only applies to the coins. However, if you earn a ticket and you use that ticket. If you win your online game using a ticket, you get one back always. If you lose, and then you run out of tickets, then you have to wait until the time gives you some coins.

Regardless, this game is WAY too backwards. Takes away so many things that make the future games so good. Invincibility stuff will only make expert players even better. This won't help noobs at all.
Yeah the Invincible moves are WAY too fucking good. Shit like that doesn't belong in this game.

It's like the entire cast is an easy mode version of wang now :lol

oh there's an OT for this already :D

copypaste from the previous thread:

played as long as i could, now im all out of coins and tickets :E

pretty annoying for a free2play title that you cant play it at all without paying unless you wait 30 minutes between matches.

and Kazuyas left splitkicks has a bound, sort of :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Eww, ticket and coin stuff sounds nasty. But this is free to play...download and install are done now so I'm going to give this a go.

GrayFoxPL

One good thing I see that characters are lit up in the shadows. In tag 2 when shadow covers character it's fucking pitch black.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh, and the character list in the OP is wrong. I started with Kazuya instead of Steve, and unlocked Steve once I got 1,000 gift points.

Played it for about an hour and half or so. It's no Tekken Tag Tournament 2, but I think it's okay for a free, casual game. I had fun. I played a little over a dozen or so matches, I think. I got like...8 or 9 wins, maybe?

You can earn more tickets by playing arcade, by the way.

Anyway, I unlocked Alisa after playing maybe...four matches? I won two of those. I was expecting her to look different like Lili and Asuka do, but she looked the same to me. New Lili is super cute, by the way. Just saying. Hah.

Also, it is just me, or is there a slight cell-shading like effect around the models? It also looks like there's a color filter or something, too.

But yeah, the game certainly can't replace a "real" Tekken game...but that was to be expected. Still, it's nice, especially since I have some friends who haven't gotten Tekken Tag Tournament 2, so it's a nice place-holder until they do. Who knows...it might encourage them to get it sooner.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Played twice, won twice. Welcome to Asuka City, bitches. But yeah, I gotta get a copy of Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

The netcode was actually pretty decent, seemed WAY better than the unplayable online experiences I had with Tekken 5. Is TTT2 like this too? If so I'm buying a copy of that right now.

GrayFoxPL

It's a decent title to get casual players to pick up TTT2 for more goodness.

I'm afraid it'll have opposite effect. Noobies will get decent at this, let's face it, dumbed down version, they'll jump into Tag2 and get absolutely destroyed because there's 5 times more options there and no easy way out or invincible nonsense.

I'll juggle this between serious Tag2 play.

Top Bottom