• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken Revolution |OT| You can now really #BUFFLARS

GrayFoxPL

iz6PpnyMjhtsj.gif

This shit was always possible with Action Replay like carts on older consoles, but I thought there aren't any on PS3.

Hello, my PSN is NinthPixel, and I hope to play some games with some of you. Sure, I could play TTT2 and all, but I simply do not enjoy it as much as TekRev. I play without stats regardless if anyone else plays with stats. Look forward to getting games in with anyone who is interested.

Oh and Premium coins are no object to me. I am used to arcade prices which are 3x higher, so it was nothing to me to snag 100's of Coins for TekRev.

Good games, AAK. Had a few disconnects, but I always got my ticket back. Have you port forwarded, disabled firewall, and such on your router? It is rarely my fault for a disconnect, because I get my ticket back most times. I have spent hours making sure my connection is as crisp as possible.

PSN - NinthPixel
If you want Tekken Rev games. I'd enjoy playing you. I get kicked from random rooms almost nonstop, because I know a thing or two about Tekken. I'll play you soon, Ultwarrior.

GrayFoxPL

Late but

JC:

Invincible - d+1+2

Crit:

fc df+4,3

f+2+3

df+4,2,1 third hit( not sure about the command but it's that oldschool Julia string)

No idea about the forth. Anyone saw it?

joeblow

So, did anyone get swept up in the giant wave of April Fools bannings? Namco closed quite a few accounts for naughtiness on that day.

Hello, my PSN is NinthPixel, and I hope to play some games with some of you. Sure, I could play TTT2 and all, but I simply do not enjoy it as much as TekRev. I play without stats regardless if anyone else plays with stats. Look forward to getting games in with anyone who is interested.

Oh and Premium coins are no object to me. I am used to arcade prices which are 3x higher, so it was nothing to me to snag 100's of Coins for TekRev.

Word same here. I've played in Arcades, I enjoy the option of having RPG elements in Tekken Revolution. I earned my first 100-110 wins in Tekken Revolution without using the character boost. I think I'm about to revert back to my zero everything stats, it's just a personal preference. Nothing against people that like to use stats and all, I'd rather customize the look and everything of my character than increase stats atleast when I'm playing Tekken. Tekken Revolution really is a different game than TTT2.

joeblow

Rage quitting is pretty rare at the highest ranks IMHO, but be aware that Namco never fixed a network glitch in the game:

If your game disconnects less than one second after a round begins and immediately allows you to search for the next match, then it was the game that knocked you both out, not a rage quitter. If the game disconnects mid fight and hangs for awhile, then it was a rage quitter.

GrayFoxPL

There was dude with True Tekken God rank. He spammed msg with various rank up offers his team does. He even posted prices and everything.

Sad.

Dereck

Today I witnessed the most depressing thing I've witnessed in Tekken.

I was going up for a promo match for Destroyer. I was fighting another Law. No Law has beaten me in ranked yet, at the time I had a 20 win streak which is not impressive given the skill level of most people in ranked.

At the start of the match, this guy was spacing decently, but then he kept doing invincibles, and I launch punished the ones that I was able to block. He kept trying to do 2,2 back turn mixups with Law, but I didn't even let him.

It was to 2-0, in the very last round, this guy did a 10 hit string twice, I low parried both of them, and killed him with the second low parry combo. Right after I got promoted to Destroyer from beating him, the very next match was him again.

This time, he was back walking, and waiting for me to attack so he could catch me with an invincible. I whiff punished a few of them until he died. I was doing a lot of slides with Law. In the second round, I noticed that he started to try doing slides. They were the slowest slides I had ever seen. I hit him with a slide while he was trying to hit me with one. He did a few slides and I blocked most of them. At the very end of the second round, he did a slide, and I got a full juggle off of a block punish, which killed him.

So he went back to doing 10 hit combos, and I low parried them every time. I could say this guy was running through all of his strategies. He was attempting to use every trick in the book, besides the trick that works most of the time. Don't throw out punishable moves, space properly, be patient, and use safer moves. He did none of that besides spacing properly from time to time.

He probably didn't even know why he was losing. Before I even fought this guy, I think I got 7-8 rage quitters in a row. Like, once I started hitting people with 8 hit juggles, they rage quit, it seems to be for the same reasons. I never got a rage quitter before something happened, it was usually after a few rounds.

A guy got so mad after I demoted him, that he sent me hate mail. What was noteworthy about this was, after I had already closed the game and played something else, he was still sending me hate mail. Some of his hate mail was spaced 20-25 minutes apart. I had already moved on in life and this guy is still thinking about how his Asuka got whiff punished all day and night. This guy is pretty much the mayor of whiff city.

I'm don't consider myself good at Tekken, I consider myself average, I know key moves, how to space, how to defend myself, and how to do combos. I don't blame people in Tekken Revolution for the skill level that they have.

I was never planning on playing Tekken Revolution until a buddy of mine kept asking me to play it.

joeblow

Eh, most people are aware that TR rankings are not as strong as TTT2 rankings. Destroyer in TR (orange rank) is not too difficult to fight through if your fundamentals are solid. Sounds like it shouldn't take you long to reach the light blue tier (which is the highest right now).

At that level, I'd say maybe 20%-30% of the players who got there without boosting are decently skilled to possibly get to the 2nd round of a generic TTT2 tourney. That's good enough online play competition for a lot of hardcore fighters who feel like messing around in some casual matches. The hate mail lessens somewhat, and people seem to rarely rage quit unless they manufactured a fake winning streak.

Top Bottom