• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas Federal Judge Issues Nationwide Injunction On Transgender Rights Bathroom Law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lenardo

Banned
I couldn't give a shit who is in the bathroom with me. I'm not in there to take notice of others.

exactly. which is why i said what i said AFTER your quote.

unless you are a perverted ass, most people really don't care about whom is in the stall. the perverted person, however, just like that asshat that was dressed as a woman and tried to film women changing in the changing area in that target several weeks ago.....would care.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
There's nothing wrong with Obama (by proxy through the DoE) threatening to cut funding from states who did not comply with the policy. However, this provision is what will get the regulation ultimately struck down, if the claim that the policy did not go through the required notice-and-comment period is true. All the DoE has to do to moot this lawsuit is to repeal the regulation/policy, and then properly reissue it. This strips the most compelling and legally substantive attack on the policy that is in the current law suit.

Eusis

By the way, I searched on subconscious sex and got this, which can highlight what I was getting at earlier.

And the fact people can respond very positively to HRT if they identify even partially with the other gender makes it seem HIGHLY probable it's how your brain is wired, as when you subject a cis person to the opposite sex's hormones they tend to really, really not like it (see Alan Turing committing suicide) and inversely a cis person getting a corresponding hormone boost tends to make one more content.

Unsurprising that an actual bigot popped into this thread. :p

I also cannot abide the notion that we cannot cut federal funding because it hurts people. If that's the case, would it not stand to reason then that if NC instituted racially segregated bathrooms that it wouldn't be okay to cut funding either?

Unsurprising that an actual bigot popped into this thread. :p

I also cannot abide the notion that we cannot cut federal funding because it hurts people. If that's the case, would it not stand to reason then that if NC instituted racially segregated bathrooms that it wouldn't be okay to cut funding either?

Apparently. I don't know why consequences are somehow now sadistic tyranny when the goal is equality and human rights.

Strange coincidence. Probably had my first "transgender bathroom incident" from a customer just yesterday (work at a grocery store fyi). Now we have two single toilet restrooms with a lockable knob. One Men's one Women's as you'd expect. Because of them being practically identical and the ability to lock the door for privacy we've had a lot of customers who just can't wait use the other one. Sometimes it's an actual emergency, sometimes it's just people who don't feel like waiting their turn. 9 times out of 10 it's men going in the Women's.

So I see a female co-worker to use the bathroom. Not long after she knocks an older man (late 40s or so) pops out with his hands up pleading "Hold on, I swear I'm not transgender." I assure him he's fine. He then walks up leans in with this, I guess I'd say passionate as he wasn't angry, glare in his eyes saying, "Was my transgender joke not funny to you or something?"

Taken aback and startled a bit by this "confrontation". I just shook my head and said "No"

He scoffs, "Well I guess you don't watch the news then."

"No I do, I just didn't find any humor in what you were saying."

I see him go off and tell other people about his apparently brilliant sense of humor regarding this thing. Wanting to set the record straight I come up to him and say "Just to clarify, sir, we have people who go into the other bathroom all the time here. For as long as I've been here, so it's just not a big deal here."

It finally dawned on him "Oh, so the signs labeling Men's and Women's is redundant?"

I confirmed "Pretty much". Man it was just so bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom