• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Existing games would be ports naturally. I just think if a new endeavour was undertaken, then why not try for a little more?

Speaking of new endeavors, are you able to tell us anything new about that Sony Japan rpg, the one that is supposed to have the same style as final fantasy? I remember you mentioned something about them getting a team together.

I don't suppose there's any sales figures for the platform breakdown for Steins;Gate between PS3 and Vita? That might give a decent indication as to whether people prefer to buy that type of game on handheld or console.

FluxWaveZ

I don't suppose there's any sales figures for the platform breakdown for Steins;Gate between PS3 and Vita? That might give a decent indication as to whether people prefer to buy that type of game on handheld or console.

In Japan? Linear Bounded Phenogram or Darling of Loving Vows? Steins;Gate had an unusual release pattern (360 first and PS3 3 years later, for one), so it's not the best example for something like that.

Or you're probably talking about the West, since handheld will typically always be the default in Japan nowadays.

Verendus

Banned
Speaking of new endeavors, are you able to tell us anything new about that Sony Japan rpg, the one that is supposed to have the same style as final fantasy? I remember you mentioned something about them getting a team together.
tJRddPe.gif

Verendus

Banned
I thought those were the ones told they were working on the new Cerny project.
Unless this was their reaction:
eT7VMuO.gif

(Sorry, having too much fun with this :p )
That Vince gif accurately represented the people having to take TLG to PS4. Anyway, I shouldn't be making fun. It's a difficult and tasking job. A lot of developers are given the rough end of the stick a lot of the time. That Andre gif would be perfect for someone being approached about Knack 2. No words would be said, but they'd sense it in the air, and instantly react like that.

This is Toyama and his crew:

TYIPBe2.gif

Not always, of course. But I'm sure they feel like that now.

That Vince gif accurately represented the people having to take TLG to PS4. Anyway, I shouldn't be making fun. It's a difficult and tasking job. A lot of developers are given the rough end of the stick a lot of the time. That Andre gif would be perfect for someone being approached about Knack 2. No words would be said, but they'd sense it in the air, and instantly react like that.

TYIPBe2.gif

Anybody we know of working on that Sony jrpg or is it too early for all that? Thanks for all the hints btw.

wmlk

TYIPBe2.gif

Are you trying to tell me Gravity Daze 2 will take place in space?

That'd be a cool twist on the title.

I fully expect to fill in at least half of Verendus list next week ;)

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG (World of Final Fantasy)
New SE console RPG IP (Setsuna)
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game (NieR)
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP
New EA IP (Unravel)
New Ubisoft IP (For Honor)
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG (Sea of Thives)
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP
At least I can dream, right?

DieH@rd

Banned
I would like Capcom to announce something that will be powered by Panty Raid. It's been so long since we got look at that engine.

Alo0oy

Banned
Is Sony the only company holding a conference? I know MS is not doing anything this year but what about EA, Ubi, Capcom etc.

Those companies show up at Sony's conference. Nobody in Japan is gonna sit through yet another Destiny trailer in an Activision conference, but people would show up for Sony's conference and get tortured by Destiny there in between all the good announcements.

FluxWaveZ

[Disclaimer: it's my site, but I think it's the only English source right now] An hour long Atlus TGS 2015 presentation titled the "Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage" has been announced for the 19th. That game might be there, if it isn't already at the SCEJA conference.

Also, another press release about how this year's TGS 2015 will have the biggest scale in the show's history with 473 exhibitors and 2004 booths, surpassing last year's record.

delSai

What're the chances SNK will show a teaser trailer for the next KoF game? They had to have a little made that they can show off...

They trademarked Maximum Impact last year right? And there were reports of them working on a 3D game. I know MI isn't really popular but i wouldnt mind SNK announcing MI3, just throw all the new MI characters down a volcano and replace them with Shermie/Rick whoever.

odhiex

I really ...really hope for a PSVITA 3000 announcement at TGS, with mini sdcard support, but I know it won't happen :(

Famassu

Eh, there are two more chances this year for them to show it at a show, assuming they don't do it at a GT specific event. PGW takes place a month after TGS and then there's PSX in December.
PSX seems more likely considering GT7 might be a November/December 2016 release, so they'd probably want to start promoting the game a year prior to release at most. And they'd want to have something really huge at PSX, which GT7 would be. TGS might be better for the first Gravity Rush 2 showing & maybe a possible JRPG announcement.

[Disclaimer: it's my site, but I think it's the only English source right now] An hour long Atlus TGS 2015 presentation titled the "Atlus Presents Persona Special Stage" has been announced for the 19th. That game might be there, if it isn't already at the SCEJA conference.

Also, another press release about how this year's TGS 2015 will have the biggest scale in the show's history with 473 exhibitors and 2004 booths, surpassing last year's record.

Exciting! Hopefully it is at the Sony presentation as well. Seems like the type of game Sony would want to get behind in a big way in Japan.

Sesha

JRPG #1
JRPG #2
JRPG #3
JRPG #4
JRPG #5
New Shadow Hearts
Final Fantasy spin-off RPG (World of Final Fantasy)
New SE console RPG IP (Setsuna)
Final Fantasy X spin-off
FF7 spin-off
FF6 remake
Square Enix crossover game (NieR)
New Parasite Eve
Monster Hunter PS4
DMC5
New Capcom TPS IP
New EA IP (Unravel)
New Ubisoft IP (For Honor)
New Prince of Persia
New Naval RPG (Sea of Thives)
New Cyberpunk Action/Adventure/RPG IP
New Sega Action/Adventure IP
New Marvel Action/Adventure title
New Soul Calibur
New Rockstar IP

All I need off that list is DMC5 and Shadow Hearts. If I get those then for the next few years I can sustain myself off indies and the odd Nintendo title.

I would like Capcom to announce something that will be powered by Panty Raid. It's been so long since we got look at that engine.

I kinda hope at least DMC5 will be on UE4. I'll pick up modding if that happens.

Some Nobody

I'll give you JRPG 1, maaaaybe 2. Then Sega's game, DMC5, Soul Calibur, and Monster Hunter PS4. And maybe S-E has something under their hat. Maybe. But then, that's not BAD and a lot of that was revealed at E3. Still, that'd be an amazing TGS.

If only we could get some kind of updated hints...

Zhao_Yun

Don't have exact numbers but at least in the UK, the Vita version sold better than the PS3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom