• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

With Gamescom 2015 having ended, I felt it would be a good thing to have a centralized discussion for all things concerning the next big games conference. With Tokyo Game Show 2015 just a bit more than a month away, news about it is going to start coming out and some might not be big enough to have their own threads, like today's press release of the TGS 2015 keynotes including "The Current State of the Japanese Computer Game Industry, and the NewComputer Entertainment Supplier’s Organization (CESA)," and "Hit Contents Creation made possible by the unique status of a Creator and Corporate Executive (Level-5)."

So it's been stated that TGS 2015 will be the biggest in the show's history, with 293 companies having signed up as exhibitors as of July 10th (there were 224 signed up at that point in 2014). The number of booths has reached 1,904 (surpassing last year's final number of 1,1715), and the CESA has said they will be using the entirety of the Makuhari Messe convention center instead of just a portion of it for the first time ever because of the show's size.

With that as context, what are we expecting from TGS this year? I've created a tentative list of relatively high profile Japanese games we might expect to see new info for at TGS 2015 (games which have not been unveiled bolded; percentages mostly arbitrary):

Confirmed (100%)

Probably (80-95%)

Possibly (30-50%)

Miscellaneous

• The anime studio Production I.G will be an exhibitor in the General Exhibition Area for the first time ever to show off their "Ghost in the Shell - Virtual Reality Diver" project.
  • Microsoft Japan will be MIA this time, but that's because they have their own event later on.

* = Leaked

If we don't get an update on something, anything Gravity Rush-related, tables will be flipped.

Desperate to see Level 5's PS4 game as well, whatever it may be.
ni no kuni sequel pls

Isn't Nier 2 going to be properly shown at TGS? They said they'd announce more in the fall and this would fit in with it. This isn't slap bang confirmation of a TGS appearance, but it can be considered as a possibly at least.

Hyunashi

Desperate for 2 things in particular:
1. Persona 5 stuff
2. Sony's Level-5 game

This year gonna be big. Hope FF15 has a better showing and maybe KH3 will turn up. Cant wait, so hype.

Pachimari

I just want to see a new area of Final Fantasy XV and a Final Fantasy XII HD Remastered announcement. That's it.

Oh and Persona 5 too of course.

Bloodborne DLC trailer!

OqRWm22.gif

Tizoc

People are that pessimistic that we won't see KH3 during TGS are they?
That'd be a good time to show off Frozen world :p

I am being optimistic:

Bloodborne Expanison trailer and release date.
FFXV new trailer and release date (at least for JP).
Persona 5 new trailer and release date.
New KH3 trailer.
Level 5 PS4 exclusive game.
New footage of DQ11?

Edit:

Gravity Rush HD PS4 port, will hit this year.
Gravity Rush 2, only for PS4.
Final Fantasy XII HD remaster reveal, releasing early next year in JP.

salromano

CyberConnect2 has three new projects in development for current-gen as it's celebrating its 20th anniversary next year:

- Title 1: "Photo-realism, RPG, Worldwide, Unreal Engine 4, Physics-Based Rendering"
- Title 2: "Open-world"
- Title 3: "VR"

NieR New Project is also supposed to be shown again in the fall, so a Tokyo Game Show appearance isn't out of the question.

Square Enix's Project Setsuna is also probable.

Edit: Sorry, missed the "Unannounced Unreal Engine 4 Game (CyberConnect2)" listing.

GoldStarz

People are that pessimistic that we won't see KH3 during TGS are they?
That'd be a good time to show off Frozen world :p
They're already confirmed for D23 this week and the D23 in Japan this November. It's not so much pessimism as much as realistic that they wouldn't show anything, or at least anything new, after they just presented new content the month before.

delSai

Hoping for Translator-Kun and Translator-Chan to return for the SCE conference.
I hope to see something from SNK. MI3, Garou port, i dont care.

Tizoc

They're already confirmed for D23 this week and the D23 in Japan this November. It's not so much pessimism as much as realistic that they wouldn't show anything, or at least anything new, after they just presented new content the month before.

Sweet.
Screw realism/realistic though, I just like getting blind hype =3

Star Ocean 5?
Kingdom Hearts 3?
FFXV?
Star Ocean 3?
Nier 2?
Shenmue 3?
TLG?
FFXII HD?
FFVII-R?
Level 5 PS4 project?
Bloodborne DLC?
Demons Souls Remaster? ( please )
Deep Down?
Dragons Dogma Online?
Persona 5?
Street Fighter 5?
Dragon Quest XI?
DQ Heroes 2?
DQ Builders?

Could be a hell of a show

Rymuth

Shiiieee~~t looking at the possible titles this year, TGS has the potential to be a return to form for Japan.

Personally hoping to see

- Sega's New Game
- One more new IP from SEnix
- Level 5's console game
- Reveal of Dynasty Warriors 9
- Gravity Rush 2
- New game from Sandlot (really wish they'd make R.A.D. 2)
- Bloodborne DLC reveal
- Vanillware reveal

If Persona 5 really is a 2015 title the probability of it being shown on TGS is >99%, right?

Yeah has to be, a Persona 5 release date announcement in September is surely the latest they can do it for a 2015 release.

I usually have very little interest in TGS, but this year actually sounds like it could be very good. Looking forward to seeing more of The Tomorrow Children.

Gravity Rush HD
Gravity Rush 2
Alundra proper sequel
Dark Cloud 3
Rogue Galaxy 2
Final Fantasy IX remaster/remake
Bloodborne DLC
Forbidden Sirens with creative directors
Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
Binary Domain 2
Vanquish 2

Pls Japan