• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walpurgis

Banned
27286_hack_g_u.jpg
Imagine this with
  • improved procedural generation (like No Man's Sky)
  • massive maps with multiple dungeons
  • more variety in land and creatures using procedural generation (like No Man's Sky)
  • awesome self contained story (1 game) with anime series by Madhouse
  • online town hubs where you can add friends or NPC characters to your party (but not MMO, not yet...)
  • Unreal Engine 4, epic graphics
  • Morpheus
Welcome to The World
8c4c28399b2b4d5cabd96e0815e7341be8c84cc6.gif

salromano

Is anyone expecting a Direct? Or at least some Nintendo news?

The last pre-Tokyo Game Show Nintendo event I remember was their 3DS showcase in 2011, where they announced Monster Hunter 4 and Bravely Default. I don't think they had anymore after that.

Why would those games be at TGS though? GoWIV is likely to show up at PSX I think, and I wouldn't like to place bets on when we'll see Bend's game (which is rumoured to be open world horror).

Well with PS4 not selling great in Japan, maybe they want to bring in a few different games to try to change things up a bit. You are probably right and they won't be at the show but nothing wrong with having a few crazy predictions mixed in.

aincrad.gif

Imagine this with
  • more variety in land and creatures using procedural generation (like No Man's Sky)
  • waifus
  • online town hubs where you can add friends or NPC characters to your party (but not MMO, not yet...)
  • Morpheus

What-Gear-VR-Goodbye-Real-World.png

Welcome to
Goodbye Real World

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

I actually think that there's a real possibility that GT7 could debut there. The official GT site hasn't been updated in over a month now, and that hasn't happened since GT6 was released. They always have some update. Whether it be about a new car, track, patch in general etc. But it's been dead silent since late June. They also recently updated their main website where they're hiring a bunch of new staff. So it definitely seems like they're building up to something.

stryke

I actually think that there's a real possibility that GT7 could debut there. The official GT site hasn't been updated in over a month now, and that hasn't happened since GT6 was released. They always have some update. Whether it be about a new car, track, patch in general etc. But it's been dead silent since late June. They also recently updated their main website where they're hiring a bunch of new staff. So it definitely seems like they're building up to something.

With what they did with announcing GT6, I get the impression Polyphony like to do their own thing now.

( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º)

11712-log-horizon-log-horizon.jpg

Imagine this with

• awesome self contained story (1 game) with anime series by Madhouse
  • Morpheus
Welcome to The World
HdbJaPE.gif

(˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫

With what they did with announcing GT6, I get the impression Polyphony like to do their own thing now.

It's definitely possible that they'll schedule their own reveal event again. But I could still see them doing it at a major show as GT6's reveal was to celebrate it's 15th anniversary. I just hope that we get to see it this year.

FluxWaveZ

Why would Dissidia be at TGS? It's an arcade game. Maybe they'll talk about a console version at TGS next year though. :p

Haven't arcade games been featured at TGS before? I might be wrong about that, but I thought I remembered previous fighting games with only arcade releases announced shown at TGS in the past.

Servbot24

Banned
My hopes:

Gravity Rush
Bloodborne DLC
FFXV New Area trailer
TLG trailer
Persona 5 trailer
Level 5
Vanillaware

My predictions:

Dreams dashed

Sony Press Conference:
-Bloodborne DLC
-The Last Guardian
-Gravity Rush 1HD+2 (PS4 only)
-Everybody Golf
-Sony Japan Project
-Level 5 New IP
-Persona 5
-Dragon Quest XI
-Star Ocean V
-Tales of Berseria
-Another Namco game
-Street Fighter V
-Deep Down
-CyberConnect2 New Game
-Ys 8
-Atelier Shallie (or whatever the name is, i mean the last one)
-Yoru no Nai Kuni
-Vanillaware New Game
-Other smaller japanese games

Has the potential to be really great.

Needs more Danganronpa 3. But yeah, that would be a godly line-up. Too good to be true.

duckroll

Haven't arcade games been featured at TGS before? I might be wrong about that, but I thought I remembered previous fighting games with only arcade releases announced shown at TGS in the past.

I think actual arcade machines being at the show isn't really a thing. There could be a trailer or something I guess, but amusement stuff aren't really the focus of TGS. If Dissidia still isn't out by early next year, they'll probably have a big showcase at JAEPO 2016 instead.

redhood56

Banned
I'm excited to see whatever CyberConnect2 has in the pipeline and if the vr dangan ronpa tech demo is actually a full game and of course dangan ronpa 3.

RexNovis

Banned
Oh man this is going to be an amazing TGS. Best in years no doubt. Glad I'll be attending this year. Cannot wait! Here's hoping the queues aren't too crazy this time.

I think actual arcade machines being at the show isn't really a thing. There could be a trailer or something I guess, but amusement stuff aren't really the focus of TGS. If Dissidia still isn't out by early next year, they'll probably have a big showcase at JAEPO 2016 instead.

You're right. I've been twice and I never saw or heard of any arcade machines being on the floor. That said some arcade games had demo kiosks in booths but as far as I know there were no arcade machines.

First GT7 trailer is possible, right? No?

I think it's definitely possible. Like I said above, the official GT site has been dead silent for over a month now. That's not common for them to go more than a month without some sort of update. So it seems like they're planning something. It may be TGS, PGW, or even PSX. But it seems like something it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom