• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS 2015 Predictions & Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it even possible for sony Japan to be working on something in-house besides gravity rush 2 and tlg? Trying to see how likely it is that they're working on a jrpg.

Kadokawa have a couple of PS4 games in the works don't they?

They have a dungeon RPG with a Cthulu theme and a SRPG with a Japan theme in development. All they've said is that they're for Playstation without a specific platform mentioned. But it would surprise me if it's PS4/3/Vita like Natural Doctrine.

Arttemis

Maybe this is more of a wishlist than a prediction, but what I want to see is:

• Gran Turismo 7
  • Parasite Eve
  • Level 5 RPG
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Final Fantasy 7 Remake
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • The Last Guardian
But mostly...
  • Bloodborne DLC
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Star Fox 0
  • Nier 2
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Metal Gear Rising 2
20150201_044148_thumb.png

Is it even possible for sony Japan to be working on something in-house besides gravity rush 2 and tlg? Trying to see how likely it is that they're working on a jrpg.

Japan Studio is supposed to be pretty big, so it's certainly possible. But most of their games aren't fully internal. They're collaboration projects like Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, HSG, Freedom Wars etc.

Ōkami

This TGS sounds damm promising. Really excited for it
Nier
Project Setsuna
Final Fantasy XV
Dragon Quest Heroes 11
Dragon Quest Builders
Persona 5
Level 5 ?
and of course Sony Japan with TLG; Gravity Rush and their big budget Japano RPG
Square's going to announce Dragon Quest Heroes 11 before the second one comes out!

Japan Studio is supposed to be pretty big, so it's certainly possible. But most of their games aren't fully internal. They're collaboration projects like Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, HSG, Freedom Wars etc.

I see Japan Studio's internal output to be 2-games at a time studio.

2013: Knack/Puppeteer
2016 : TLG/Gravity Daze 2

Blobbers

I haven't seen this talked about at all, but would it be foolish to anticipate the announcement of Shin Megami Tensei 5 one of these days? What're the chances it goes back to the PS platform or maybe double platform like DQ XI? Maybe they drop the bomb at TGS after the Persona 5 release date announcement.

FluxWaveZ

You're right. I've been twice and I never saw or heard of any arcade machines being on the floor. That said some arcade games had demo kiosks in booths but as far as I know there were no arcade machines.

That's good to note. I still think there's a good chance we get a new Dissidia trailer out of the event, though.

There are a lot of DMC 5 and RE7 mentions. Not sure how actually likely either of those two being revealed at TGS 2015 is.

I haven't seen this talked about at all, but would it be foolish to anticipate the announcement of Shin Megami Tensei 5 one of these days? What're the chances it goes back to the PS platform or maybe double platform like DQ XI? Maybe they drop the bomb at TGS after the Persona 5 release date announcement.

Absolutely not happening at TGS. Team Maniax might be working on SMT5, but it's not something we'll be hearing about for a long while, and I think Atlus are the type to have that revealed independently instead of through something like TGS.

GeoramA

Could be the best TGS in years. Sony with GT7, Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian, Bloodborne DLC, and Hot Shots Golf would be a killer lineup. And if those Verendus rumors are true, dude...

kiri

All I can add to this is don't expect anything from Tango Gameworks (yet). Next game after The Evil Within isn't far along enough yet and they've been slowed down with extra work helping out on Bethesda projects.

Toli08

All i need is these announcements and confirmations.

Dark Cloud 3 please the world needs this game more then any other game. Save us Level 5.
Persona 5 officially release date.
Bloodborne dlc with release date.
FF7 Remake news.
The rumored Sony RPG.
More news about that new hot shots golf game they showed last year.
Dynasty Warriors 9 that goes back to Dynasty Warriors 3/5 style of story mode.

The FF7 remake wishlist that would never get announced but dreams man dreams.

Secret of evemore 2, Final Fantasy 6 remake, dynasty warriors tactics 3 and A new Romance of the three kingdoms.

When is TGS? September, right?

Personally, I'm really eager to see what gets covered for Vita. It feels like this is where new Vita projects will be announced/shown. So, woohoo.

prwxv3

Man seeing people positive about TGS before it even happens this year is amazing. I hope it stays this way for years to come.

Ryan95

All I want to see is FFXII HD for Vita: it's been teased, what is missing is just proper announcement and platforms (PS4 is 99% sure IMO,the handheld version, despite FFX HD success, is far from sure because of FF Typo-0).

Plus I'd like to see how SaGa 2015 (which will probably be SaGa 2016 lol) is and if it will be ported to PS4 as well in line with WOFF being PS4/Vita

what rumors?

I second this.

I remember he posted a lot around E3. I don't remember what bearing they might have on TGS.

Also, is he banned right now? Why?

All I want to see is FFXII HD for Vita: it's been teased, what is missing is just proper announcement and platforms (PS4 is 99% sure IMO,the handheld version, despite FFX HD success, is far from sure because of FF Typo-0)

This is exactly how I feel.

I second this.

I remember he posted a lot around E3. I don't remember what bearing they might have on TGS.

Also, is he banned right now? Why?

This is exactly how I feel.

Im pretty sure hes been unbanned. I think it pretains to a list which included a few PlayStation developed jrpgs. Cant remember if he said they would be at TGS.
Actually im pretty sure the list didnt say where any of them would be revealed but jrpgs have the most likelihood of being announced at a Japanese event so a connection is there atleast.

To me, the thing about the Summer of Dreams 2015 we're wrapping up right now is that now the walk has to be walked of the talk they talked. Starting soon, games will have to start having playable demos and/or decisive guarentees of non-playable progress, and TGS 2015 starts this countdown.

That said, my only prediction will be hilariously off-mark gloom 'n doom reporting from foreign press that manages to ignore any and all the real gloom 'n doom news to report as per usual with TGS.

Elios83

Thanks. Hope they make a good show this year. I mean, they have plenty of content that could be show there.

There's a lot of potential to make a great show.
Persona 5 release date and new big trailer, FFXV getting meaningful new infos and trailer, Gravity Rush 2+Remaster announced, Bloodborne DLC, details about the new Minna No Golf title, Level 5 announcement, Sega announcement, maybe a Gran Turismo announcement, Yoshida also teased a new big project at Japan Studio he's excited about. And Capcom should have a few surprises as well.

Begaria

Lots of good predictions, many I want to see come to fruition but none more than having Level-5 reveal their PS4 game is Ni no Kuni 2.

Walpurgis

Banned
Possible, but from what we know and the last installment, an e3 2016 reveal and holiday 2016 launch is the most likely at this time.

I don't know... That last one was an utter failure. I'm thinking that GT7 will be announced at either TGS, PGW or PSX. If Sony has a Japan Studio titles to show at TGS, they might would probably save GT7 for PSX since it is more an international game. PGW could also make sense since I think GT is popular in Europe.

BadWolf

I don't know... That last one was an utter failure. I'm thinking that GT7 will be announced at either TGS, PGW or PSX. If Sony has a Japan Studio titles to show at TGS, they might would probably save GT7 for PSX since it is more an international game. PGW could also make sense since I think GT is popular in Europe.

Huh?

GT6 solid well iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom