• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TGS Forza 5: Severe Visual Degradation? No, Uncalibrated TVs, No Geek Squad Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShapeGSX

No it isn't, it is a descriptor made by one of the key engineers system for a euro gamer interview - an interview which, IMO, was pleasantly devoid of the usual empty phrases and smoke and mirrors, given by two people who actually seemed fairly earnest and down to earth. It is not PR speak, and it is fairly disingenuous to characterize it as such.

It's more of a NeoGAF buzzword.

There is the cult of MisterXMedia // Beyond 3D who believe this hocus pocus that Microsoft will unveil a second GPU inside the Xbox 1. They believe it is the explanation for the larger power draw of the machine.

Xmedia, He is a loon that kid. People were giving him shit on twitter for not approving disagreeable comments on that amusing blog . He seems a bit pissy at NeoGaf yet his followers are worse than what he claims goes on here.

StoopKid

I guess, Forza 5 needed to be balanced.

i5SnKuBbn1DVs.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
By all means, point it out. I first noticed it in reference to the euro gamer article in question.

Well ... I don't really want to get into a debate about a word, but I've seen it used on many sites including this one. Perhaps it's just the repetition on Gaf that made me believe it's the new buzz word. I could be subject to the hive mind! I'll recalibrate my thoughts for now though :)

By all means, point it out. I first noticed it in reference to the euro gamer article in question. Granted, I tend to gravitate more toward the PlayStation 4 side of things, but this whole "balance" issue seems much less prolific than the "power of the cloud" nonsense.

Hardware is only balanced as the software running on it. One engine can be bottlenecked by the CPU, while some another engine specialized for a different type of game can be bottle necked by the number of available CUs. That's why a hardware being balanced doesn't make much sense imho.

Mugatu

Hard to tell from Youtube but it doesn't look that bad as far as I can tell.

What I don't like is how arcadey the steering looks, like he car is just sliding around - again tough to tell.

It's Forza though so I doubt it will look anything other than great and drive fairly well.

JaggedSac

No it isn't, it is a descriptor made by one of the key engineers system for a euro gamer interview - an interview which, IMO, was pleasantly devoid of the usual empty phrases and smoke and mirrors, given by two people who actually seemed fairly earnest and down to earth. It is not PR speak, and it is fairly disingenuous to characterize it as such.

Yep.

GameSeeker

Sounds like a non issue to be honest, but I expect this thread to be at least 15 pages (100ppg) by tomorrow.

Hopefully that won't happen. The Turn 10 folks post on NeoGAF semi-regularly. They just need to post that Forza 5 is still 1080p at 60fps and no downgrades to visual effects (AA, reflections, etc.) have taken place. One post from Turn 10 and the rest of this thread can be avoided.

Shutting down incorrect rumors is a good use of PR.

Hurf

Neo Member
I don't see any reason to believe that Forza 5 won't be running at true 1080p upon release. Despite the issues it may have in contrast to the PS4, Xbone still a huge leap up over the PS360 consoles and Forza 5's assets are all pretty simplistic and running in an engine that's embarrassed by the lighting in GT6, a PS3 game; Forza 5 is not exactly pushing Killzone or BF4 quality visuals, there's no reason to assume it's too demanding for the hardware.

The TVs it was running on were probably just calibrated horribly by staff rushing to get everything set up.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Looks the same to me, but it always looked like FM4 @ 1080P, they are just at diminishing returns until they push their engine to do more.

frizby

Certain studios should get the benefit of the doubt. I'd imagine Turn 10 would on that list.

And that's coming from someone who isn't a big fan of MS FWIW.

Wow, MS upclocks CPU and gpu and the result is games must be downgraded. Forza was running on the actual box even at e3.

Yep, apparently we're suppose to see something this coming week at the Eurogamer thing, so we'll hopefully know more then. Does seem odd, but I had a very odd feeling with how little we've seen

Tagg9

Eh, it looks fine to me. The buildings could maybe use some more detail, but on the whole it's not so bad. I'm sure DriveClub will look spotty in parts as well.

T10 got the short end of the stick having to deliver a title like Forza at launch. Having to make a game with updated assets and still try to match the previous title numbers is a tall order.

MS always makes the dumbest decisions. Launch would be the perfect time to bring Project Gotham Racing back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom